The CardBoard

Author Topic: OT: is Levis Stadium a hindrance to the 49ers ?  (Read 1503 times)

Offline SF_Cardinal_Fan

• Frosh
  • Go Stanford!
Re: OT: is Levis Stadium a hindrance to the 49ers ?
« Reply #30 on: April 20, 2017, 08:57:51 pm »

Levi's is no AT&T.  On the other hand, are there any good examples of new football stadiums with character?

I have not been there, but the relatively new Seahawks stadium seems to receive favorable commentary.

Offline SF_Cardinal_Fan

• Frosh
  • Go Stanford!
« Reply #31 on: April 20, 2017, 09:06:17 pm »
No hindrance to the 9ers, but Levis is a big hindrance to San Francisco remaining a world-class City.  Why was a 21st century stadium not built in the Park on top of the obsolescent Kezar?  Oops, sorry but I forgot that what was once called The City is now oblivious of and to the Real World.  I miss Herb Caen, tremendously.....

Kezar is serving the city of San Francisco very well. In the Fall it is the home field for a few high school football programs.During the Spring season it is used by high school track and field teams. And as part SF's Park and Rec department, Kezar is open year round to joggers, runners, the trendy "exercise boot camp masochist crowd " etc...
When the 49ers moved to Candlestick Kezar was neglected for about 10 years, but more recently it has undergone two major renovations and is now a beautiful asset to its surrounding neighborhoods and all of SF.

Offline Boston Card

• Tech mogul
  • Go Stanford!
« Reply #32 on: April 20, 2017, 09:24:19 pm »
Also, for a couple years there, Kezar was the site of our spring game.

BC

Offline Phogge

• Dolly
  • Go Stanford! Go Gators!
« Reply #33 on: April 20, 2017, 11:07:43 pm »
From my camera position I can see most of the seats. My eyes are what have given me 50 years of employment in the film business. It's not seat of the pants Mick, it's what I do. The crowd is pretty white and no social commentary is meant.

Offline Mick

• Daily editor
  • Have been kissed on Kennedy Mall...
    • Client Science
« Reply #34 on: April 21, 2017, 02:31:55 am »
From my camera position I can see most of the seats. My eyes are what have given me 50 years of employment in the film business. It's not seat of the pants Mick, it's what I do. The crowd is pretty white and no social commentary is meant.

Ah, I see.  The grit of the chardonnay and brie 49er crowds of the 1980s.  Now I understand.
Audaces fortuna iuvat

Offline Phogge

• Dolly
« Reply #35 on: April 21, 2017, 04:50:01 am »
A false premise from the get go. A ton of Latinos, a whole bunch of Sunset boys fresh from TK's, The Portals, The Philosophers Club and Fahey's and plenty of WW2 vets and their kids who started attending when the Niners played in the AAFC.

Chardonnay my keister.

Offline bl82

• Pro Fro
  • Go Stanford!
« Reply #36 on: April 21, 2017, 09:25:32 am »
I believe you meant, "Chardonnay, my Kistler"

Offline Mick

• Daily editor
  • Have been kissed on Kennedy Mall...
    • Client Science
« Reply #37 on: April 21, 2017, 05:36:50 pm »
Audaces fortuna iuvat

Offline eric

• Tree
  • semi-retired Ultimate player
« Reply #38 on: April 21, 2017, 08:31:12 pm »
After growing up on a farm in West Virginia, Richard Niner spent his career building small businesses across a wide variety of industries.  One of his business ventures brought him to Paso Robles in the early 1990s and he was immediately drawn to the potential of both the land and the people who lived here.

http://www.ninerwine.com/Story

Eric

"what I thought was a funny movie quote removed so as not to offend anyone"

Offline SF_Cardinal_Fan

• Frosh
  • Go Stanford!
« Reply #39 on: April 22, 2017, 06:56:52 am »

Offline DC 86

• Dolly
  • Go Stanford!

Offline Phogge

• Dolly
« Reply #41 on: April 22, 2017, 11:06:17 am »
TK's is a West Portal bar that has changed names. Across from the Manor restaurant. It's the place where Billy Mac got shot across the collarbone during a robbery, turned to the shooter and said, "Why did you shoot me, you could have waited until I finished my beer." As he was being wheeled out by paramedics he called out, "Hey boys, don't anyone take my stool, I'll be back in a couple hours."