02-14-2015, 02:37 PM
(02-13-2015, 04:31 PM)fullmetal link Wrote:[quote author=81alum link=topic=11694.msg112807#msg112807 date=1423371001]The idea that cramming for the SAT actually works is highly controversial and has been promulgated mostly by the prep companies that profiIt from that impression. I imagine that intense cramming helps when you have had lousy high school classes and the prep class is equivalent to a good math or English class. But large sums of money and time are wasted on the endeavor.
[quote author=fullmetal link=topic=11694.msg112797#msg112797 date=1423347166]
A high SAT score requires a lot of studying and practice tests.
[/quote]
"Cramming" might not work. But I went through a few practice books and really focused on my weaknesses, and I ended up with a really nice score. That took many spare weekend mornings and summer vacation days...that's not so much cramming as dedicated study.
[/quote]
I had a 210 point jump between my first and second test on the old 1600 scale. My son had a 170 point jump on the new scale. It can be done.
Audaces fortuna iuvat
