03-22-2020, 02:52 PM
(03-22-2020, 02:37 PM)Snorlax94 Wrote: There is a debate in the US government about escalating military action against Iran now to exploit their current weakness due to the disease ravaging the country and their government.
I was incredibly troubled by this because it would set a terrible precedent.
I hope America’s enemies aren’t as reckless as some in our current administration. With a very old president and vice president, both of whom have been near the infected, and many aged people in senior positions of leadership, we cannot have a world where countries escalate militarily to exploit the situation
How about just letting the virus do its damage in Iran and then see how the people rise up to install new leadership? The rest of the world would condemn the U.S. like never before if this happens. And I don't think American citizens will want us distracted with a war of choice while fighting a war against a virus pandemic stripping the country's resources. IOW, the idea is pure idiocy.