A note about Jones's three point shooting.
Last year she was 6/17 from three point range, while 183/335 overall. So her treys were roughly 5% of her shots. Hitting 6 all year is simply not enough to force opponents to scheme against it. But if she increases that significantly--makes a couple in each game--she will be impossible to defend. Whenever she has the ball on the perimeter her defender will have to come out on her, and that will make it easier for her to drive or drive-and-dish. In short, Jones is the centerpiece of the offense--even though she may not always lead in points--and having her increase her versatility will make a big difference in loosening up the whole defense and preventing muggings.
A note about the "BIGS"
I really am curious as to whether Tara very often finds a way to put 3 bigs on the floor together. Brink, Belibi, Prechtel, Iriafan, and even Demetre all are highly talented individuals who were practicing as "BIGS" before the scrimmage. I predict a lot of who plays will be defense and defensive matchups, fouls situations, etc. I think several of them had blocks against their teammates yesterday.
Last year she was 6/17 from three point range, while 183/335 overall. So her treys were roughly 5% of her shots. Hitting 6 all year is simply not enough to force opponents to scheme against it. But if she increases that significantly--makes a couple in each game--she will be impossible to defend. Whenever she has the ball on the perimeter her defender will have to come out on her, and that will make it easier for her to drive or drive-and-dish. In short, Jones is the centerpiece of the offense--even though she may not always lead in points--and having her increase her versatility will make a big difference in loosening up the whole defense and preventing muggings.
A note about the "BIGS"
I really am curious as to whether Tara very often finds a way to put 3 bigs on the floor together. Brink, Belibi, Prechtel, Iriafan, and even Demetre all are highly talented individuals who were practicing as "BIGS" before the scrimmage. I predict a lot of who plays will be defense and defensive matchups, fouls situations, etc. I think several of them had blocks against their teammates yesterday.
