10-06-2012, 07:04 AM
Wow, the dreaded negative five for that comment?
Given that the key reason I chose Stanford over Ivy was that I could wear OP shorts there during spring break, I don't think it's that wacky to think that a recruit might discount learning, on a campus visit, that some of his teamates would rather party than study.
I'm not arguing that the average Ohio State recruit is more concerned with academics than a Stanford recruit. I am arguing that they aren't so stupid as to believe that if they wanted to, they would not be able to get an education there. And if the kid is excited about the program, that his parents will justify his going to a less academic school.
That's not even taking into consideration some of the more complex arguments about the benefits of going to a school where you may below average on test scores and academic acheivement.
(Is the negative 5 an automatic or does the comment get manually scrubbed?)Â
Given that the key reason I chose Stanford over Ivy was that I could wear OP shorts there during spring break, I don't think it's that wacky to think that a recruit might discount learning, on a campus visit, that some of his teamates would rather party than study.
I'm not arguing that the average Ohio State recruit is more concerned with academics than a Stanford recruit. I am arguing that they aren't so stupid as to believe that if they wanted to, they would not be able to get an education there. And if the kid is excited about the program, that his parents will justify his going to a less academic school.
That's not even taking into consideration some of the more complex arguments about the benefits of going to a school where you may below average on test scores and academic acheivement.
(Is the negative 5 an automatic or does the comment get manually scrubbed?)Â
