04-07-2023, 07:44 PM
There is another possible explanation for what is wrong in Tara-land and I hesitate to mention it. Is it possible that the players are anticipating a transition in coaching, and that some are leaving because of the anticipated transition?
That is probably not the explanation, but has to be considered.
Many of the earlier observations seem apt to me. Tara believes strongly in a team-sport in which all players, regardless of their accolades, must develop and earn their minutes. NIL and the transfer portal have undermined that old-fashioned team-discipline oriented coaching that used to win championships. College players are more like pro players now--they are free to move around for a better deal or a softer coach or for promises of playing time, NIL money, or whatever.
I'm going to take a deep breath, but I worry that Stanford sports cannot survive at a high level in the new--corrupt--environment. I will think hard before renewing my season tickets.
That is probably not the explanation, but has to be considered.
Many of the earlier observations seem apt to me. Tara believes strongly in a team-sport in which all players, regardless of their accolades, must develop and earn their minutes. NIL and the transfer portal have undermined that old-fashioned team-discipline oriented coaching that used to win championships. College players are more like pro players now--they are free to move around for a better deal or a softer coach or for promises of playing time, NIL money, or whatever.
I'm going to take a deep breath, but I worry that Stanford sports cannot survive at a high level in the new--corrupt--environment. I will think hard before renewing my season tickets.
