04-08-2023, 02:47 PM
(04-08-2023, 02:35 PM)Card10Fan Wrote:(04-08-2023, 12:37 PM)Lorcan Wrote: I wonder if Tara told the team that this next season was her last and some players decided they wanted a coach for the next three years or something to that effect.
No. If anything that would have reverse effect. Players wanting to have one more season playing for her and then transfer. I think these players are sending a message that they did not enjoy playing for Tara and our coaches and are willing to throw away their Stanford education to go elsewhere. It reflects poorly on our coaches that as strong as academics as Stanford has, that reason alone still was not a strong enough reason to stay and play for Tara. It’s a very bad image and makes us all question what in the heck is going on or happened this season to cause this.
Not sure I agree with the reverse affect. Could be true. I do agree with the rest of it. We could all see it all season. Team underachieved. Coaching was all over the place with changes to the offense and the strange way the roster was used. Players did not seem all that happy as a group all season. I'm sure they were unhappy when they played a lot one game and did ok but then did not play at all the next game.
I don't know that there was a good solution. Pick the top 8 or 9 players and give them set roles maybe would have helped those players, but which ones? And do the ones not in that rotation feel they were overlooked and leave? Do what Tara did and play a lot of players but inconsistently clearly did not make anyone happy.

