06-25-2026, 12:27 PM
(06-25-2026, 12:08 PM)Goose Wrote:(06-25-2026, 07:27 AM)Mick Wrote: Haven't been held back, but both my father-in-law (Stanford BS '57, MS '59, basketball player and NASA scientist) and I were skipped a grade in grade school. We both agreed that if there one "do over" in life we could have, it would be to take that decision back. Tough being the youngest boy in a class.Interesting. I skipped 4th grade, and while I agree that being the youngest boy in the class has down sides for me it was definitely on the whole a positive experience. I guess YMMV.
I was the youngest in my class, too! But I skipped kindergarten and I guess I was used to always being the youngest. That is, until I got to the Farm and was only the third-youngest freshman in my dorm. And it was a four-year dorm, so there were only about 25 of us freshmen.

