Yesterday, 12:44 PM
(Yesterday, 08:43 AM)jacket3ree Wrote: My take away from that game is had Stanford been the one with a 4th and 45, they would have gotten it.
Less than a year ago, Tech was ranked #7 by the AP. (Some fools' gold there with close escapes against decent but not great teams.) Now we are staring at 1-11, although I am beginning to think there maybe something to a second half starting after midnight although Clemson managed it. Mendoza isn't King, who I never remember running backwards like that, but he had all of one second before the pocket collapsed.
Tech isn't at its best due to injuries and coaching implosions but kudos to Stanford for taking advantage of it.
And glad I can start rooting for Stanford again.
It was old home week and fun to see so many GT polos at Zotts and sit in a Tech section at Stanford Stadium. Everyone I spoke with at length is super impressed with the Stanford campus and the fans who flew in from Atlanta or the southeast couldn't believe the weather. Lots of folks from LA came up and I met a lot of Tech undergrads currently at Stanford. And one treejacket who was in LSJUMB in the 80s and went to Tech for her masters. Wore Buzz earrings but to be fair she was at a GT alumni mixer.
I've never been as perturbed leaving Stanford Stadium after a Stanford win as I was Saturday night. For that I thank USC.
university of splitting conferences
