1 hour ago
(2 hours ago)burger Wrote: This is an awful bill that basically gives the NCAA carte blanche to undo all of the good that various court cases have done for players. Simple rules rarely work 100% of the time, but my "Anything that Ted Cruz supports is wrong" maxim has yet to fail. The UT undergrads who booed him off of Gameday were correct.
I know people here probably think that this bill will put Stanford back on a more competitive footing in recruiting, but that ship has sailed.
You can tell that this bill is 100% about screwing the players because various amendments that would've limited coaches' pay or limited ticket prices were rejected. This just takes money out of players' hands and lets universities keep it.
I’m really not interested in your politics but I question whether government regulation of college sports will save us from anything. I’m impressed that Nick Saban went all on in favor of this bill to be sure. Still, I would rather muddle through for a few years and see if the Conferences themselves don’t come up with regulations that would pass court muster. Finally, I agree that this won’t help
Stanford a great deal.
