11-21-2013, 10:10 AM
(11-21-2013, 09:29 AM)76lsjumb link Wrote:[quote author=fullmetal link=topic=8906.msg75295#msg75295 date=1385048211]
I gotta say, I agree a lot with the analysis though it seemed harsh at first read.
http://badcopworsecop.wordpress.com/2013...of-stupid/
Haven't read the whole thing, but the first several paragraphs strike me as a little misguided. If the big point is the failure of our first drive, I don't think it's particularly accurate to call what would have been a perfectly-executed 80 or so yard TD pass play "stupid," when the indisputable reason that it didn't result in a score was that it was simply dropped. My feeling is that that one play turned the game around; the rest was just playing out the inevitable. I think the change in the Coliseum noise level from immediately before to immediately after -- had the ball been caught and the TD scored -- would have come close to 2007.Â
Alas, it didn't happen...but it wasn't stupidity, it was failure of execution.
[/quote]
I wonder about talent gaps.
Audaces fortuna iuvat
