05-21-2014, 08:35 PM
That line up is a strong possibility, but there is so much unknown. I am fairly certain that Amber, Lili, Bonnie, and McCall will start at the beginning of the season. I have no idea who will play the 4--Kailee Johnson did not show us much last year especially with some sort of an injury at the end, but one has to believe that she is a candidate for a starting role. We can expect the biggest improvements to come from the sophomores. Amber and Bonnie are solid, but I doubt they will give us very more than they already have. Erica Payne...I just don't know. If she came on strong she would be a little like Ruef, becoming a major piece in the puzzle late in her career.Â
And don't count out Taylor Greenfield. She has been a starter earlier in her career, and she does have some nifty offensive moves under the basket. Her play late in last season was out of character for her, and it is entirely possible that come next season she will regain her form.
I keep thinking that a healthy Karlie could compete to start at the 2 or 3--if it were not for Lili and Bonnie I would be certain of it. She certainly will be a significant part of the rotation there.Â
Then who knows how quickly the frosh will come on? McPhee and Rooks could both compete at the 3. Kaylee Johnson could see a lot of time. How versatile are they? How quickly will they develop? Who can play at the 4? How well can any of them defend without fouling? Lili became a surprise starter. One of those three could as well.
As far as competing--I sense our biggest challenges will be competing against bigger teams. Ruth Hamblin is going to be a problem, as will any team with a couple of competent 6'3" or better posts.Â
The biggest question I have is whether Tara is going to fundamentally change the character of the team, now that her personnel will be radically different. I somehow doubt that we will continue the high/low post game or even very much of the triangle with the personnel we have. But what will we do?
It is a mystery. But that is why Tara is Tara.
And don't count out Taylor Greenfield. She has been a starter earlier in her career, and she does have some nifty offensive moves under the basket. Her play late in last season was out of character for her, and it is entirely possible that come next season she will regain her form.
I keep thinking that a healthy Karlie could compete to start at the 2 or 3--if it were not for Lili and Bonnie I would be certain of it. She certainly will be a significant part of the rotation there.Â
Then who knows how quickly the frosh will come on? McPhee and Rooks could both compete at the 3. Kaylee Johnson could see a lot of time. How versatile are they? How quickly will they develop? Who can play at the 4? How well can any of them defend without fouling? Lili became a surprise starter. One of those three could as well.
As far as competing--I sense our biggest challenges will be competing against bigger teams. Ruth Hamblin is going to be a problem, as will any team with a couple of competent 6'3" or better posts.Â
The biggest question I have is whether Tara is going to fundamentally change the character of the team, now that her personnel will be radically different. I somehow doubt that we will continue the high/low post game or even very much of the triangle with the personnel we have. But what will we do?
It is a mystery. But that is why Tara is Tara.
