10-15-2014, 02:20 PM
Stanford is not going to the playoffs. I am not even worried about how this game impacts the small theoretical window of opportunity.
Notre Dame success seems more likely to impact Stanford recruiting, so that drives my interests here. My preference? FSU wins this game BIG, establishing clearly that Notre Dame can't win away from home against speedy teams.
My guess is that FSU will get beat later once Winston is removed from the squad.
FWIW - This disciplinary system is flawed. Winston, now in two different occasions, seems certain to have done something, but because he denies everything he gets to play football. Meanwhile, more forthcoming and/or honest students, have been suspended for similar or related deeds. Just awful. While I am sure Winston will find a home in the NFL, I doubt many corporations will want him to represent their brands. I suspect that is the only justice I will witness with this one.Â
It seems obvious that the FSU administrators know he is in the wrong, but are hiding behind the "He said he didn't do it" excuse. My guess is if Winston was a 3rd string LB FSU would have kicked him off the team.
I would be curious to see if the committee elects to exclude FSU if THEY believe FSU is likely to be forfeiting many of their 2014 games at some point in the future.
Notre Dame success seems more likely to impact Stanford recruiting, so that drives my interests here. My preference? FSU wins this game BIG, establishing clearly that Notre Dame can't win away from home against speedy teams.
My guess is that FSU will get beat later once Winston is removed from the squad.
FWIW - This disciplinary system is flawed. Winston, now in two different occasions, seems certain to have done something, but because he denies everything he gets to play football. Meanwhile, more forthcoming and/or honest students, have been suspended for similar or related deeds. Just awful. While I am sure Winston will find a home in the NFL, I doubt many corporations will want him to represent their brands. I suspect that is the only justice I will witness with this one.Â
It seems obvious that the FSU administrators know he is in the wrong, but are hiding behind the "He said he didn't do it" excuse. My guess is if Winston was a 3rd string LB FSU would have kicked him off the team.
I would be curious to see if the committee elects to exclude FSU if THEY believe FSU is likely to be forfeiting many of their 2014 games at some point in the future.

