11-17-2014, 09:47 AM
(11-17-2014, 07:55 AM)FarmBoy link Wrote:Most people thought the Richardson trade a bad one from Day 1.
Whaaa? From what I saw you're exactly backwards, everyone thought that the Browns were idiots for doing that trade.
Anyway, I don't think you can necessarily blame the Colts GM here. For one, he inherited a dumpster fire of a roster, and many of the bright spots from that (like Saturday and Freeny) have left. How many Manning-era pieces are left besides Wayne (and Vinatieri, I guess)? They need to get some OL help (and find a decent RB, but given that the Pats have turned a carousel of UDFAs into stars I'm guessing that's not necessarily on the GM), but otherwise that offense is pretty stacked. I mean, how many other teams have weapons like Allen, Fleener, Wayne, Hilton, and Nicks? That's a solid set of receivers, and Bradshaw isn't a bad back either.
I'm not certain what their issue is on defense, but it might just be coaching. Either way they're in a pretty good spot considering they went 2-14 a few years ago.
