02-06-2015, 11:29 AM
Did the kid say Stanford ADMISSIONS said he needed an ACT score of 26 to be admitted?
That doesn't sound like a conversation the school would have with a prospective applicant in a one on one conversation. I can see them discussing a typical profile in a group setting or a college admissions "coach" discussing how to increase application strength but giving targets to a single applicant seems out of character unless admissions has changed a heck of a lot. There was a WIDE range of SAT and ACT scores in my all freshman dorm and test scores were obviously balanced against the strength of the overall application and individual circumstances. I hope that hasn't changed.
That doesn't sound like a conversation the school would have with a prospective applicant in a one on one conversation. I can see them discussing a typical profile in a group setting or a college admissions "coach" discussing how to increase application strength but giving targets to a single applicant seems out of character unless admissions has changed a heck of a lot. There was a WIDE range of SAT and ACT scores in my all freshman dorm and test scores were obviously balanced against the strength of the overall application and individual circumstances. I hope that hasn't changed.
In 1938 Neville Chamberlain declared "Peace in our time", Superman first appeared in Action Comics, Seabiscuit beat War Admiral ....... and C.a.l last won the Rose Bowl.
