03-09-2011, 06:53 AM
While I attended Stanford during the first half of the last decade, there was a course called EDGE: Ethics of Development in a Global Environment.
It was labeled as ENGR297, when it had absolutely nothing to do with engineering.
4 units, minimal work, the median grade of an A, 200-300 students (> 75% athletes).
The biggest travesty was that it could be taken three times during your Stanford career (ENGR297A in Autumn, ENGR297B in Winter and ENGR297C in Spring)
I believe that there was quite a bit of controversy surrounding this course, and it was either modified or discontinued.
It was labeled as ENGR297, when it had absolutely nothing to do with engineering.
4 units, minimal work, the median grade of an A, 200-300 students (> 75% athletes).
The biggest travesty was that it could be taken three times during your Stanford career (ENGR297A in Autumn, ENGR297B in Winter and ENGR297C in Spring)
I believe that there was quite a bit of controversy surrounding this course, and it was either modified or discontinued.