03-09-2011, 09:33 AM
I don\'t like the way the Athletics Department handled these reporters. The AD should have just acknowledged the obvious truth. The denial is almost laughable and really unbecoming.
The article states that this list has been around since at least 2001. I was not a varsity athlete, but I seem to recall hearing about the list during my time on the Farm in the mid-1990s. (At that time, "Portuguese Literature in Translation" was a particular favorite of many Stanford athletes, as well as non-athletes, who were looking for an easy GPA boost.)
On some level, the existence of a written list is almost beside the point. This information will continue to be passed along informally. Going forward, I\'d guess that the Athletics Department will just make sure not to put it in writing.
The article states that this list has been around since at least 2001. I was not a varsity athlete, but I seem to recall hearing about the list during my time on the Farm in the mid-1990s. (At that time, "Portuguese Literature in Translation" was a particular favorite of many Stanford athletes, as well as non-athletes, who were looking for an easy GPA boost.)
On some level, the existence of a written list is almost beside the point. This information will continue to be passed along informally. Going forward, I\'d guess that the Athletics Department will just make sure not to put it in writing.

