Greeeaatttt !
I\'m now listening to an interview going on at KNBR, the dominant bay area sports radio station, with two of the Stanford students from California Watch (Ryan Mac and Amy Harris. who I\'ll) who both sound inarticulate and halting. The entire tone of the interview is how Stanford is making easy A\'s available to athletes.
One example - the interviewer drew attention to the "recent loosening of academic admittance standards" and Stanford\'s Orange Bowl success and asked if they were related. "Uhhhhhh ... We looked into it and, uh, I can\'t comment on that". Even the interviewer followed up in the next section by noting the students "were just getting started and probably not used to doing this sort of thing."
And the suggested subject for the next segment? Listeners were prompted to phone in with "the easiest class YOU took in college."
I wonder how many will call in with Calculus 19. :P
I\'m now listening to an interview going on at KNBR, the dominant bay area sports radio station, with two of the Stanford students from California Watch (Ryan Mac and Amy Harris. who I\'ll) who both sound inarticulate and halting. The entire tone of the interview is how Stanford is making easy A\'s available to athletes.
One example - the interviewer drew attention to the "recent loosening of academic admittance standards" and Stanford\'s Orange Bowl success and asked if they were related. "Uhhhhhh ... We looked into it and, uh, I can\'t comment on that". Even the interviewer followed up in the next section by noting the students "were just getting started and probably not used to doing this sort of thing."
And the suggested subject for the next segment? Listeners were prompted to phone in with "the easiest class YOU took in college."
I wonder how many will call in with Calculus 19. :P
In 1938 Neville Chamberlain declared "Peace in our time", Superman first appeared in Action Comics, Seabiscuit beat War Admiral ....... and C.a.l last won the Rose Bowl.
