03-10-2011, 11:01 AM
Quote: Major difficulty encountered: boredom - 55 minutes is a long time with nothing but your thoughts.
Had to have an MRI on my head a few years ago after a TIA (baby brother to a stroke, caused by a heart arrythmia). Anyway, I was told I had to stay absolutely still for an hour inside the MRI thingamajig, which as Jacketree notes, ain\'t easy. I filled the time by singing Tom Lehrer songs to myself (silently) and seeing how many of the songs off his second and third album I could remember. When the guy pulled me out of the machine I said, has it really been an hour? and he said, no, you stayed so still that it only took 45 minutes.
I\'m sure my dad had no idea when he came home with those albums 50 or so years ago what good use they would be put to. When my internist asked how the test had gone, she thought my technique was a good call, though she did take off points for forgetting all about "Masochism Tango." Â 8-)
