The CardBoard

Full Version: 2018 Admits, Commits, and Prospects
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Your one-stop shop to find out who has committed and admitted in the class of 2018.  Admins, please pin...

Admitted and committed:

Commits returning from a mission:
WR Semi Fehoko ****

Admitted and committed walk-ons:

Committed pending admissions:
QB Jack West ****
RB Justus Woods ***
WR Michael Wilson ****
LB Tobe Umerah ***
CB Ethan Bonner ***

Admitted but not commited:

Offers; neither admitted nor committed:
WR Amon-Ra St. Brown *****
DE Max Wright ****
CB Braden Lenzy ****
LB Teradja Mitchell ****
LB Solomon Tuliaupupu ****
OG Jamaree Salyer *****
TE Jeremy Ruckert ****
LB Jesse Luketa
LB Dax Hollifield ****
CB Kyler Gordon ****
DE KJ Henry ****
WR/RB/CB Malone Mataele ****
WR Jalen Hall  *****
OG Jamaree Salyer ***** [I assume he's been offered]

Offered but commited elswhere:
S Isaiah Humphries **** (Committed to Penn State)
TE Zach Kuntz **** (Committed to Penn State)
LB Damone Clark **** (Committed to LSU)

Decommitments/Admissions casualties:

Offer status unknown:
CB Tyreke Johnson ***** (no official offer per kuz)
OG James Ohonba **** (we didn't offer per BobK)
ATH BJ Foster ****
QB Blake Stenstrom *** (Yes, Steve's son; Committed to Colorado)

A lot of prospects to add...
Looking at the list so far, it looks like we are pushing hard for linebackers, which is definitely a position of need.

Those who keep track of these things, how many scholarships are we looking at giving out?

BC
We presently have 11 openings

However if you look at those who could be 5th year SRs it's not hard to come up with 5 who might not return. 

There was rumor of a back up retiring but I did t learn more at the reception tonight

We have the 2 returning from
Missions that will count

BC with a flurry of offers today hope you can catch up and thanks for doing this

I didn't know Stenstrom was a Colo commit.  His sister is a Frosh swimmer at Stanford
Those St. Brown brothers must be really something. (I guess we'll find out this fall...)
Bob...

Stentstrom is based on the other site; he apparently committed on Dec. 17.

http://www.scout.com/player/208723-blake-stenstrom?s=18

Of course, we have West, and I'm guessing that Shaw isn't going to take 2, especially with a not large class.

Doing the math... 11 - 2 + ~5 = 14 or so.  Another smallish class, so let's make it up with quality again.

Are the two LDS Mission returnees Kafusi and Fehoko?  They are both from Utah and neither are on the roster.  IF so, that's help at WR and TE, though we have a plethora of tight ends atm.

BC
Kaufusi is listed as OLB for us:

http://www.gostanford.com/roster.aspx?rp_id=9051

so by default we will have at least 1 OLB and 1 WR in class of 2018.

Tyreke Johnson and BJ Foster have offers. Ohonba and Stenstrom do not.
Thanks BC yes those are the mission kids

Also adjust for stanny boy's post.  He knows 😀
remind me how many total scholarships a program has? 
(02-02-2017, 09:26 AM)hurlburt88 link Wrote:remind me how many total scholarships a program has?

BC, you are amazing. There is no off-season!
(02-01-2017, 11:02 PM)Nan3cy link Wrote:Those St. Brown brothers must be really something. (I guess we'll find out this fall...)

I happened to catch one game on tv, and Amon-Ra was even more impressive than Osiris! I hope we get him too! Grades don't seem to be an issue.
[Image: c440edd8f9c8dd0df8d39c93c93ccb9f.jpg]
Blake may have taken the CU offer as a safety net with the intent to wait on Stanford's admissions/offer decision(s).  Who knows.
Stenstrom won't be getting an offer with West committed.

Latest offer is Malone Mataele. https://n.rivals.com/content/prospects/18068

The initial 11 offers are in the list Eubanks keeps on Twitter. He hasn't updated it since the recent offers went out.

https://mobile.twitter.com/maeubanks/lis...18/members
(02-08-2017, 12:56 AM)StannyBoy link Wrote:The initial 11 offers are in the list Eubanks keeps on Twitter. He hasn't updated it since the recent offers went out.

https://mobile.twitter.com/maeubanks/lis...18/members

Wow -- Never knew about this. Thanks for pointing it out!
(02-05-2017, 04:25 PM)JJJ link Wrote:[quote author=Nan3cy link=topic=16533.msg187916#msg187916 date=1486015331]
Those St. Brown brothers must be really something. (I guess we'll find out this fall...)

I happened to catch one game on tv, and Amon-Ra was even more impressive than Osiris! I hope we get him too! Grades don't seem to be an issue.
[/quote]

Grades certainly won't be an issue, but from what I've read about these three brothers, they seem to be their own people intent on going their own ways. While it would be great to get Amon-Ra, I bet he makes his own road and chooses somewhere else. Of course, I'm sure he'll spend several Saturdays in Palo Alto this fall, and six months of listening to Osiris's glowing reports of Stanford could change his mind.
(02-08-2017, 01:08 PM)Hank 91 link Wrote:[quote author=JJJ link=topic=16533.msg188198#msg188198 date=1486337152]
[quote author=Nan3cy link=topic=16533.msg187916#msg187916 date=1486015331]

[/quote]

Grades certainly won't be an issue, but from what I've read about these three brothers, they seem to be their own people intent on going their own ways. While it would be great to get Amon-Ra, I bet he makes his own road and chooses somewhere else. Of course, I'm sure he'll spend several Saturdays in Palo Alto this fall, and six months of listening to Osiris's glowing reports of Stanford could change his mind.
[/quote]

The early word was that he favored UCLA, but we will see.

BC
(02-08-2017, 02:36 PM)Boston Card link Wrote:[quote author=Hank 91 link=topic=16533.msg188354#msg188354 date=1486584504]
[quote author=JJJ link=topic=16533.msg188198#msg188198 date=1486337152]
[quote author=Nan3cy link=topic=16533.msg187916#msg187916 date=1486015331]

[/quote]

[/quote]

The early word was that he favored UCLA, but we will see.

BC
[/quote]
If you follow UCLA recruiting sources, they assume everyone wants to go to UCLA.  They are as bad as ND in this respect, though ND's confidence might have taken a beating lately.
Edited to include woods' commitment.
Pages: 1 2 3