The CardBoard

Full Version: WBB: Women's Basketball Updated Recruiting 2019-2023, April 4
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39
(03-24-2019, 10:23 AM)2006alum Wrote: [ -> ]BobK, should we add Alyssa Ustby to our prospective recruits list for 2020? Her playing style sounds like a slightly taller, more forward-oriented version of Mikayla Pivec, and also very similar to the Hulls. Apparently she has a Stanford offer(?), along with a 3.9 GPA:

agree that she is like the hulls. another quick, ball-handling wing, that can shoot, play defense, and even bring the ball up the court.
Ustby is a 6-0 wing ranked 37 on PN not inthe top 60 espn. I’ll add her soon
(03-28-2019, 08:39 AM)BobK Wrote: [ -> ]https://mobile.twitter.com/raoul_000/sta...3598646272

I’ll add her soon

Wow, a 5-star with a 4.7 GPA who wants to be valedictorian and just happens to have an older brother trying to make the NFL.  Right out of the cookbook, LOL
(03-28-2019, 08:55 AM)qwerty49 Wrote: [ -> ]
(03-28-2019, 08:39 AM)BobK Wrote: [ -> ]https://mobile.twitter.com/raoul_000/sta...3598646272

I’ll add her soon

Wow, a 5-star with a 4.7 GPA who wants to be valedictorian and just happens to have an older brother trying to make the NFL.  Right out of the cookbook, LOL

"Dream School" has such a nice ring to it...
To Be clear she is a Nor cal not national 5 star. However a friend who saw her play was very impressed
(03-28-2019, 04:09 PM)BobK Wrote: [ -> ]To Be clear she is a Nor cal not national 5 star.   However a friend who saw her play was very impressed

she looks good in videos. very very quick. let's give her a name: jzaniya harriel.
Is Goforth still a prospect? UConn board points out she has a pinned tweet with the logos of schools of interest, and UConn isn't included. I looked and I see that Stanford isn't either.

Thanks Tim
Looks like we can scratch Paige Bueckers - just committed to UConn. (ugh.)

That's frustrating. I thought we would have a chance with Bueckers, especially since she posted some dunks of Fran Belibi on her Twitter.

Maybe this will help in getting Azzi Fudd the following year since they play the same position.

Hopefully Tara can continue her recruiting success with a Marshall or Daniels to join Brink and van Gytenbeek in the class succeeding DiJonai, Nadia, Mikaela and Anna.
(04-02-2019, 05:51 AM)TheFarm07 Wrote: [ -> ]That's frustrating. I thought we would have a chance with Bueckers, especially since she posted some dunks of Fran Belibi on her Twitter.
We weren't even in her list of final 9 schools mentioned in the ESPN article. Unless there was something about our program that really turned her off, I'm guessing it became clear she wasn't admissible. I never saw any mention of "academics are important" or "4.x GPA," which are the types of story color that usually signal a future Stanford commitment. I the ship sailed on her quite a while ago.

(04-02-2019, 05:51 AM)TheFarm07 Wrote: [ -> ]Maybe this will help in getting Azzi Fudd the following year since they play the same position.
I think Fudd is more of a SG, so I think they'd be complementary (and terrifying), and they're very good friends. So if anything, I think this enhances UConn's chances of landing Fudd, unfortunately. 

The reality is that the nature of the Stanford admissions process means we're not really in the running for many tippy top recruits. Often times folks like Bueckers and Fudd are listed among those we are recruiting early on, in their freshman or sophomore years, and then as they get into their junior years they suddenly seem to lose interest in Stanford and folks we hadn't earlier heard of with sterling academic credentials (e.g. Marshall) suddenly become prominent. I'd love for Azzi Fudd to follow her namesake Jennifer Azzi to Stanford, but if I'm being realistic, the odds are probably not great.
just please let Hailey Van Lith go to OSU or Oregon and not UConn - wouldn't want her at UConn with the other two. I am also guessing that there's a decent chance that Evina Westbrook (TN) heads to OSU or Oregon (especially if Sabrina leaves)...
Thankfully Westbrook got her wish so maybe she stays at Tennessee

Charmin just quit cal for the WNBA Liberty
(04-02-2019, 10:41 AM)Jskass Wrote: [ -> ]just please let Hailey Van Lith go to OSU or Oregon and not UConn - wouldn't want her at UConn with the other two. I am also guessing that there's a decent chance that Evina Westbrook (TN) heads to OSU or Oregon (especially if Sabrina leaves)...

I too hope that we have more top recruits on the way.  However, I think we have a great core with top recruits Jones and Brink playing together for three years.  And Belibi has the potential to be in that category as well as she is the most physically gifted of the three.  My hope is that Belibi learns how to finish at the rim like say a Ruthy Hebard.  If she can do that, then she will definitely belong in the same conversation as Jones and Brink.
So sad, I was hoping it was an April fool's joke when I saw the news :(
I hope that we could land Daniels/Marshall/Bessoir/Wilson could get her hardship and stay for 5th year (any two of them would be awesome for me)
It's so frustrating every time when our bigs were in foul trouble. 
Especially by 2020, Smith, Coffee and Fingall will be all graduated...
(04-02-2019, 10:15 AM)2006alum Wrote: [ -> ]
(04-02-2019, 05:51 AM)TheFarm07 Wrote: [ -> ]Maybe this will help in getting Azzi Fudd the following year since they play the same position.
I think Fudd is more of a SG, so I think they'd be complementary (and terrifying), and they're very good friends. So if anything, I think this enhances UConn's chances of landing Fudd, unfortunately. 

The reality is that the nature of the Stanford admissions process means we're not really in the running for many tippy top recruits. Often times folks like Bueckers and Fudd are listed among those we are recruiting early on, in their freshman or sophomore years, and then as they get into their junior years they suddenly seem to lose interest in Stanford and folks we hadn't earlier heard of with sterling academic credentials (e.g. Marshall) suddenly become prominent. I'd love for Azzi Fudd to follow her namesake Jennifer Azzi to Stanford, but if I'm being realistic, the odds are probably not great.

UConn thought they would get both Haley Jones & Aliyah Boston this year because they are such good friends. In the end, they didn't get either recruit. Though it certainly helps the Huskies that Bueckers and Fudd are good friends, it doesn't guarantee that Fudd will also go to UConn. I know there were other reasons at play, but we weren't able to convince Katie Lou to come here even though Bonnie and Karlie did.

It will always be tougher for us, since our academic requirements rule out a lot of potential recruits. So it hurts even more when a top recruit has the academic credentials, is admitted and then decide on another school, since we don't have another top tier recruit at the ready. UConn fans bemoaned a "down" year recruiting this class, but they bounced right back with Bueckers for next year. We can't do that as easily. Iif Bueckers stays #1 in the rankings, they will have 3 of the last 4 top recruits and 4 of the last 6.

I hope it will just be more than her namesake that will attract Azzi Fudd to come to the Farm. An elite guard will complement the top interior prospects (Belibi, Brink) we are getting over the next couple years.
Added 2021 Harriel, great student from Antolope HS near Sacramento

Deleted Goforth and Bueckers
(04-04-2019, 10:39 AM)BobK Wrote: [ -> ]Added 2021 Harriel, great student from Antolope HS near Sacramento

Deleted Goforth and Bueckers

Thanks for all you do on this.  What about Ustby, though?
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39