The CardBoard

Full Version: WBB: Women's Basketball Updated Recruiting 2019-2023, April 4
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39
Not sure how much room we have for a 6-4 forward (with Brink and Belibi already on board), but Dalayah Daniels top-6 includes Cal, UCLA, Stanford, Oregon State, Princeton, and Duke.
Several months ago she listed a top three
I haven’t seen anything since.

What’s your source
(08-08-2019, 07:58 PM)BobK Wrote: [ -> ]Several months ago she listed a top three

What’s your source
Her instagram post: 
(08-08-2019, 08:18 PM)CardinalWBBFan Wrote: [ -> ]
(08-08-2019, 07:58 PM)BobK Wrote: [ -> ]Several months ago she listed a top three

What’s your source
Her instagram post: 

Seems like pretty good news for us.  The addition of Princeton shows how important academics are.  Plus Duke just isn't recruiting the way it used to.  I like our chances!
I’m worried now but thanks for the info.

It was UConn, Washington and Stanford
(08-08-2019, 07:49 PM)CardinalWBBFan Wrote: [ -> ]Not sure how much room we have for a 6-4 forward (with Brink and Belibi already on board), but Dalayah Daniels top-6 includes Cal, UCLA, Stanford, Oregon State, Princeton, and Duke.

thanks for this info. speaking of not needing another post, oregon state will have 4 highly rated posts between 6'6" and 6'9" on the roster next year.

bob, can you say what your concern is? i would think our chances are better competing agains osu, cal, ucla, duke, and princeton than against UConn. what am i missing?
(08-08-2019, 08:59 PM)BobK Wrote: [ -> ]I’m worried now but thanks for the info.

It was UConn, Washington and Stanford

I like seeing UConn eliminated. :-> I suppose your worry comes from several more schools being added, and that's understandable I hope admission isn't in any doubt.
Oregon State will have:
6’7” So. Patricia Morris
6’9” RS Fr. Andrea Aquino (may never play)
6’9” Fr. Jelena Mitrovic
6’6” Fr. Kennedy Brown
6’4” Fr. Taylor Jones

Stanford will have:
6’1” Fr. Fran Belibi
6’5” Fr. Ashten Prechtel
6’4” HS Sr. Cameron Brink

The thing is none of their posts were ranked as highly as ours (though Aquino was top-6 at one time and Brown was top-20). 

I like how education is clearly very important to her.
Keep in mind I once posted about a recruit who said no to Stanford which caused me to say probably not admitted. Then she sent me her acceptance letter. She is my favorite non Stanford player of course. :)

But adding schools is never good for Stanford. Now given no news from Daniels for months and months could well mean her current list is not new to her just to us.

We have 2 openings and 3 possibles Daniels being one. I don’t think Turner or Keely are still possible. FYI and I’ll be mum on the two I think are possible. For now
(08-09-2019, 08:08 AM)BobK Wrote: [ -> ]Keep in mind I once posted about  a recruit who said no to Stanford which caused me to say probably not admitted.   Then she sent me her acceptance letter. She is my favorite non Stanford player of course.  :)

But adding schools is never good for Stanford.   Now given no news from Daniels for months and months could well mean her current list is not new to her just to us.  

We have 2 openings and 3 possibles Daniels being one.    I don’t think Turner or Keely are still possible.  FYI and I’ll be mum on the two I think are possible.   For now

Just curious, is this info regarding the recruit who sent you a copy of the acceptance letter public -- or can you make it public?
Mikayla Pivec at Oregon State. I posted here probably not accepted, she emailed me her acceptance letter. I was punked big time. LOL BTW she graduated in three years now Grad school.

She is playing with Williams at the Pan Am games and doing awesome.
agree Pivec my favorite non-Stanford too. Saw her also at Vancouver last year and so dedicated, real team player who never stops hustling. Wish they were playing in Vancouver again this year with us!
Have to wonder if ND Ivey departure will impact any 2020 recruits? Might any reconsider Stanford?
(08-09-2019, 10:04 AM)BobK Wrote: [ -> ]Mikayla Pivec at Oregon State.    I posted here probably not accepted, she emailed me her acceptance letter.   I was punked big time.  LOL    BTW she graduated in three years now Grad school.

She is playing with Williams at the Pan Am games and doing awesome.

do you see box scores for the pan am games somewhere?
(08-12-2019, 03:08 PM)Jskass Wrote: [ -> ]Have to wonder if ND Ivey departure will impact any 2020 recruits? Might any reconsider Stanford?
Notre Dame has two 2020 recruits so far: #20 Allison Campbell, PG and #35 Natalija Marshall 6'5" forward.  They have only 10 players on the roster this year, including Marta Sniezek and one senior, so theoretically they could recruit 7 for 2020.  Not having Ivey might hamper their recruiting a bit, but they are going to need a lot of players who will get a lot of playing time.

Which brings me to a question.  Tara always seems to want to give 15 scholarships--it is rare when she does not.  But Geno and Muffet often run with fewer than that.  Why?
Playing time.  It’s hard to keep 15 really really good players happy because there aren’t enough game minutes.  That’s why UConn and ND usually have 10-12 players.  Stanford is different because the Stanford degree is such a of immense proportions draw.  We don’t have that many transfers because giving up a free Stanford undergrad degree is a of immense proportions cost.  We do have grad transfers who redshirt like Sniezek but those players are still graduating with a Stanford degree.
(08-12-2019, 05:13 PM)81alum Wrote: [ -> ]Which brings me to a question.  Tara always seems to want to give 15 scholarships--it is rare when she does not.  But Geno and Muffet often run with fewer than that.  Why?

Tara has said she wants to give as many young women the opportunity to get a Stanford degree (and have the Stanford experience) as possible. I don't think either Geno or Muffet are as focused on that pastoral aspect of their jobs as coaches. OTOH, speaking as a snotty partisan, neither the Domer nor Huskie experience is anything quite like the one offered on the Farm. ;)
Thank you 2006. The perfect answer and you beat me to it.
Look at schools like Oregon. They brought in that monster 7 player class, and Campisano, McGwire, and Jayde Woods all left. Anneli Maley and Aina Ayuso left the class after. It’s simply because when you have a big roster and a lot of top-100/international players, it becomes hard to keep everyone happy, and players leave.

Oregon State typically has a roster of 12ish, and they rarely see a transfer
leave, but the ones who ride the bench there typically aren’t top-100. 

UConn also typically has a 12ish roster, but they have top-30 recruits riding the pine, so they leave (Espinoza-Hunter, Coombs, Gordon, Ekmark at AZ. St, Edwards at USC)
UConn has 11 and Westbrook shouldn’t be eligible. Last year UConn had 9.

Their reason for transfer is Geno normally plays 7 and reserves might just might play the last 2 minutes of a 40 point rout
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39