The CardBoard

Full Version: WBB: Women's Basketball Updated Recruiting 2019-2023, April 4
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39
(08-13-2019, 08:07 AM)BobK Wrote: [ -> ]Geno normally plays 7 and reserves might just might play the last 2 minutes of a 40 point rout

Ah yes, but they get the benefit of a UConn degree and all the doors that opens over the next 40 years.  ;-)

Sorry, couldn't resist.
(08-13-2019, 08:07 AM)BobK Wrote: [ -> ]UConn has 11 and Westbrook shouldn’t be eligible. Last year UConn had 9.  

Their reason for transfer is Geno normally plays 7 and reserves might just might play the last 2 minutes of a 40 point rout
Last year they had:
1. Napheesa Collier
2. Katie Lou Samuelson
3. Batouly Camara
4. Crystal Dangerfield
5. Kyla Irwin
6. Molly Bent
7. Megan Walker
8. Mikayla Coombs [midseason transfer]
9. Lexi Gordon [midseason transfer]
10. Christyn Williams
11. Olivia Nelson-Ododa

Geno typically has a roster of 11-12, but a lot also transfer out.
Good one. That’s how I got to 9
Adding Agnes Emma-Nnopu a 6-0 Wing from Australia. This is based on several follows on Twitter. Agnes is a 2020

https://www.deccanherald.com/sports/emma...00959.html

https://www.deccanherald.com/sports/emma...00959.html
Nice. I see you made some other changes too. 

You might as well delete Poffenbarger... unless you think she might flip. ;-)
Just looked on the StanfordWBB instagram page, and they follow:

- Payton Verhulst
- Greta Kampschroeder
- Olivia Miles
- Sonia Citron
- Kiki Rice
- Caroline Lau
- Timea Gardiner

I’m very interested to see who we land in 2021. I’m guessing some will have to do with how we close out the 2020 class a little bit.
Here's an article about Lau.

https://stamfordadvocate.com/sports/high...079590.php

She's from Connecticut and the article (in her local newspaper) mentions that UConn has contacted her. But the next sentence is  "Lau said she is looking for a school rich in basketball tradition and with high academic standards."
attached is link to recruiting period dates - when what is allowed and not allowed

https://ncaaorg.s3.amazonaws.com/complia...endars.pdf
(08-15-2019, 03:46 PM)mbdude Wrote: [ -> ]attached is link to recruiting period dates - when what is allowed and not allowed

https://ncaaorg.s3.amazonaws.com/complia...endars.pdf

BobK, what are your thoughts on adding Courtney Ogden (2023) to our potential recruit list?  She is a wing from Atlanta and I've seen her height listed between 5'11" and 6'1".  She is one of the 20 players listed on HoopGurlz for the class of 2023 (they are not ranked yet).  Kate Paye has been following her on twitter for quite a while (she's been following Ogden longer than she's been following 2019 Hannah Jump or 2020 Jana VanGytenbeek).  And here is a writeup on her from Passthaball about the Jr. NBA Global Championship

Courtney Ogden, 6-1, forward, 2023, U.S. Southeast (Atlanta, Georgia)

With her squad short on size, Ogden, normally more of a baseliner, played a lot more inside and was productive doing so. Reported to be strong academically, high academic institutions should be monitoring her development.

https://www.passthaball.com/news_article/show/1041909
I have one not who has not yet played her first Game as a high school so I’m not ready yet. That said I’ve follow Ogden on twitter for about two years

I’m currently worried about 2020 recruiting. Two openings to full or not fill
(08-16-2019, 09:58 AM)BobK Wrote: [ -> ]I’m currently worried about 2020 recruiting.  Two openings to full or not fill
So in 2020 we need to replace Nadia Fingall, Dijonai Carrington, Anna Wilson, and Mikaela Brewer.  We currently have a highly ranked post (Brink) and an interesting pg (Van Gytenbeek) coming in.  If we don't get to 4, maybe that means that Anna Wilson might get an extra year?  Or maybe we look a little more like UConn and Notre Dame and don't go with 15 scholarships?  Could there be an international recruit that is off the radar that Tara already has sewn up?

Bob, why are you worried?  Is it that the list is so short and other than the two commits you are not very confident?
I’m so sadden by you my friend not reading who I added to the 2020 list lol

Please see above
(08-16-2019, 02:36 PM)BobK Wrote: [ -> ]I’m so sadden by you my friend not reading who I added to the 2020 list lol

Please see above
But I did read about Emma-Nnopu.  I meant some international prospect who is "off the radar" the way Smith was, who we did not find out about until the last minute.

And you still did not answer my question about your worries, my friend.  You are the eternal optimist, so you being worried has me shaken!
Daniels has gone from three schools and Stanford was one for most of a year. Now she has 6 schools. Has a recruit in any sport ever expanded their list when considering Stanford and then committed to Stanford? Thus my worry.
(08-16-2019, 03:09 PM)BobK Wrote: [ -> ]Daniels has gone from three schools and Stanford was one for most of a year.  Now she has 6 schools.   Has a recruit in any sport ever expanded their list when considering Stanford and then committed to Stanford?   Thus my worry.
Ah, I see.   Yes, a justifiable worry.

Well, maybe our four will be Brink, Gytenbeek, Emma-Nnopu, and Anna Wilson, or some mystery recruit who has defied (had to believe, I know) our all-seeing scrutiny.  Then again, looking back the last few years, there has almost always been one complete surprise, hasn't there?
A complete surprise of those who committed after their Jr year of HS, Smith and and and???
(08-16-2019, 03:31 PM)BobK Wrote: [ -> ]A complete surprise of those who committed after their Jr year of HS, Smith and and and???
Smith of course was a pleasant surprise.

In the next class, Fingall was not mentioned on this board, as I recall, until she committed, so there is another surprise.  Brewer was added late after Pivec declined, as I recall, so that was two surprises in that class.  Neither was on the Cardboard radar that I can recall.  I'll do some searches in the old threads to verify.

In the next class we had Dodson, Williams, and Moschkau well known in our thread but Jerome was a late surprise.  Not until October 11 when she committed did we know about her.  I had seen her when watching Alanna's Aussie team play Canada that summer, but had no idea she was a possible recruit.

Last year's class of the Hulls and Brown was well known in advance.  No surprises there.
Not many surprises on other boards. However thanks for your post on these players
This list for Daniels of Washington, UConn, and Stanford was never a complete list. It came from ProspectsNation who sometimes adds a few schools of interest for a player. 

For instance they currently have Hailey Van Lith’s finalists as Oregon State and UConn, but Baylor is heavily in the mix - it isn’t complete. 

Oregon State has always been in the mix for Daniels, while I don’t believe UW ever was.
Re Daniels: based on what the Boneyard folks say, the UConn/Stanford/UW list was never correct, and UW hasn't been in the mix for (literally) years, so I'm not sure if I would take the list "expanding" with more than a grain of salt since we never had an accurate earlier list from the horse's mouth, just (wrong) speculation.

My guess is that the Daniels issue is a door 1 issue that won't be resolved for another couple of months, and Emma-Nnopu is one possible backup options, especially if there's still some possibility of Wilson getting a waiver. All things considered, if Wilson had a fully healthy year this year and next, she could contribute a lot to our team in terms of guard defense and 3 point shooting, so I'd be delighted if we kept her plus added Daniels or Emma-Nnopu + Brink and Van Gytenbeek. And that would open up one more slot for 2021, which seems like a loaded class with a lot of options for us.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39