The CardBoard

Full Version: WBB: Women's Basketball Updated Recruiting 2019-2023, April 4
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39
(11-03-2019, 03:38 PM)jonnyss Wrote: [ -> ]i notice that okikiola "kiki" iriafen, 6'2" forward ranked #9 in 2021, goes to harvard westlake in l.a. that's a rigorous, academic school that sends many of its students to stanford and the ivy league. anyone know if there is any mutual interest between stanford and iriafen?
I've been wondering the same. She is super athletic and versatile. She would be a great fit. I've seen very little on her recruitment.
2021 Amari DeBerry committed to UConn this afternoon.
Thanks. And darn
Should Latasha Lattimore be on our 2021 list?  She is a 6'4" forward from Toronto Canada who is #11 on HoopGurlz.  She seems to be being recruited by everyone including us.  She has a picture on her instagram with ~30 school logos including Stanford.  The caption under the picture is "where should I go?"
I need to update the list a bit. Add a couple plus add a note on recent visitors.
As for someone who has Stanford one of thirty. Not now lol
Added Stedman , Harriel and Darius to the 2021 list.
(11-13-2019, 12:12 PM)BobK Wrote: [ -> ]Added Stedman , Harriel and Darius to the 2021 list.
don't know if we have room for harriel with all the top-15 possibilities among 2021 recruits, but if we do - wow! - she seems like an amazing person. wants to be a judge.
Brink signed. There is a video on instagram of Brink dunking. Yes a teal dunk
(11-13-2019, 01:47 PM)BobK Wrote: [ -> ]Brink signed.  There is a video on instagram of Brink dunking. Yes a teal dunk

I was hoping for a mauve dunk, or maybe chartreuse.
The Naismith Trophy has announced the 50 players on the watch list for the Girls High School Player of the Year award.  Brink on list, and Demetre - 1 of only 3 juniors on list

https://twitter.com/CBC_bball_club/statu...84/photo/1
Van Gytenbeek signed
We have 4 seniors on the roster which normally would mean we have four scholarship slots for next year, but so far just 3 commits.  Is this because:

1) Tara knows that Anna Wilson is going to get a redshirt year and Tara is committed to saving the slot for her?
2) We could not get an acceptable 4th recruit so will carry the scholarship to give us 5 in 2021 where there seems to be a bumper crop of recruits?
3) There is a fourth recruit that we don't yet know about?

It was on November 13, 2018 that Stanford issued the press release on Belibi, Jump, and Prechtel and November 28 for Jones, who was delayed with the fires and arranging her press conference. There should be a press release soon I would think about 2020.
We had a football recruit takevthe SAT or ACT 7 times before he got accepted. Sometimes people stop just no mas.
Or sometimes players like our 4th just couldn’t get in. No we did t rank her 4th it seemed to end a bit ago.

My chalk question is your question. Unless you beat me to it
(11-13-2019, 05:22 PM)BobK Wrote: [ -> ]We had a football recruit takevthe SAT or ACT 7 times before he got accepted.  Sometimes people stop just no mas. 
Or sometimes players like our 4th just couldn’t get in.  No we did t rank her 4th it seemed to end a bit ago.

My chalk question is your question.  Unless you beat me to it
sounds interesting, but i'm not quite sure what you're saying. are you referencing a particular recruit? can you perhaps clarify?
I think it’s obvious why she was on our list so long.

Our commits

https://mobile.twitter.com/stanfordwbb/s...1248014337
(11-13-2019, 06:07 PM)jonnyss Wrote: [ -> ]
(11-13-2019, 05:22 PM)BobK Wrote: [ -> ]We had a football recruit takevthe SAT or ACT 7 times before he got accepted.  Sometimes people stop just no mas. 
Or sometimes players like our 4th just couldn’t get in.  No we did t rank her 4th it seemed to end a bit ago.

sounds interesting, but i'm not quite sure what you're saying. are you referencing a particular recruit? can you perhaps clarify?

What he's saying is that we would have taken a fourth recruit, who was trying to get a qualifying test score and after repeated attempts gave up.  I think she's been mentioned in this thread.

BC
Plus this is an open board and I’ve posted about this player several times.

That said recruiting for 2021 looks great thus far. Long ways to go of course
(11-13-2019, 06:41 PM)BostonCard Wrote: [ -> ]

What he's saying is that we would have taken a fourth recruit, who was trying to get a qualifying test score and after repeated attempts gave up.  I think she's been mentioned in this thread.

BC

Also, by the chalk talk question, I think Bob meant that we don't know what Tara will do with the 15th scholarship. We can try asking at chalk talk and see if we get any answers.

Heck, maybe Tara doesn't know yet! There are a few possibilities that come to mind.

The year when Anna Wilson missed so many games with injuries doesn't qualify for the NCAA criteria on an injury redshirt, which require that the player appeared in less then 30% of team competitions, none of them past the midpoint of the season. Anna did play some after the midpoint, but then had a second separate injury and couldn't play anymore, so there's a chance the NCAA would take that into consideration and grant an exception, allowing her to come back next year. The NCAA seems to have gotten less generous with exceptions lately, though.

Or there could be a plan B or a walkon who could use the scholarship -- perhaps only for a year, if Pac-12 and Stanford policies still allow that.

Or just save it to allow a larger 2021 class.
(11-13-2019, 07:21 PM)BobK Wrote: [ -> ]Plus this is an open board and I’ve posted about this player several times. 

That said recruiting for 2021 looks great thus far.  Long ways to go of course
Yes, having 5 for 2021 would not be a bad thing, and this would create the possibility of a redshirt for Anna too if she qualifies and wants it.   It is beginning to look more and more like that is the direction things are going.

Let's not forget to mention that 2020 is an outstanding class already!

https://gostanford.com/news/2019/11/13/w...nford.aspx

So when did they do this publicity photo?  And are these the numbers they will be assigned?  12 is Lexie's number, 14 is Brewer's, and 22 is currently open--it was Alexa Romano's.  So Lexie would have to give up her number?
(11-13-2019, 06:41 PM)BostonCard Wrote: [ -> ]

BC
oh! if we're talking about a recruit mentioned here that chose another school, i would offer that we can be respectful by naming her and saying she chose to go elsewhere rather than by saying she must not have passed admissions, therefore we won't name her, but you know who she is.
(11-13-2019, 08:16 PM)81alum Wrote: [ -> ]And are these the numbers they will be assigned?  12 is Lexie's number, 14 is Brewer's, and 22 is currently open--it was Alexa Romano's.  So Lexie would have to give up her number?

There were photos from last year's class with conflicting numbers too: 
http://fbcrecruiting.blogspot.com/2019/0...s.html?m=1

I bet when a player visits, Stanford just finds her a jersey that fits to be photographed in, with little or no regard for the number.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39