The CardBoard

Full Version: WBB: Women's Basketball Updated Recruiting 2019-2023, April 4
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39
Great to hear! I have only been able to see her in U19 where she was a year younger than almost everyone else on the team but Bueckers, Van Lith, and Clark, all of whom got more playing time.
Test post, ignore
Brink returned last night for her team’s win.

2 point win. 13 points, 10 rebounds and a block at the end to ice the win.
Cameron Brink - a day in the life  Video (1st posted on Fast Break Club)

https://www.mercurynews.com/2020/03/13/c...-farewell/

Seems like excellent news about Carrington and Wilson
(03-13-2020, 06:07 PM)BobK Wrote: [ -> ]https://www.mercurynews.com/2020/03/13/c...-farewell/

Seems like excellent news about Carrington and Wilson

Quote:Two of the four seniors, DiJonai Carrington and Anna Wilson, want to return next season as a medical redshirt. There is only scholarship space available for one of them. Wilson applied for the redshirt year before Carrington was lost for the season in November when aggravating a previous knee injury.
Yes indeed.
It seems like it has been forever since Wilson appealed, is it possible she still doesn't have an answer from the NCAA?  How long does it take to hear an appeal?

And am I dreaming, or does Wilson actually need a scholarship?  Her brother has a $140 million contract.  Wouldn't she play without a scholarship just so long as she gets eligibility from the NCAA?

I have been assuming that Carrington will get a medical redshirt.  Is there any question she will?
Does anyone know if you can use a medical red-shirt and then be a walk-on/non-scholarship athlete rather than an athletic scholarship athlete? Notwithstanding Russell Wilson's millions, that would be the major sticking point if not. 

It's also possible since both would either need to do co-terms or master's/grad degrees that Stanford financial aid could be more generous. Whereas undergraduate aid assistance is need-based, not all of the grad programs are need-based, so that might be another avenue depending on the program.

I guess the question with Carrington is not just whether she gets the medical red-shirt, but if she comes back to Stanford. In theory, she could grad transfer elsewhere and be immediately eligible. I don't have any reason to think she would, but who knows?
Yes Wilson could be a walk on
Carrington qualifies for a redshirt maybe that wasn’t your question?
Wilson and Stanford reapplied for a redshirt some time ago. It’s not a clear cut case. That said both Wilson and Stanford may have gotten a yes who knows
(03-14-2020, 06:40 AM)2006alum Wrote: [ -> ]Does anyone know if you can use a medical red-shirt and then be a walk-on/non-scholarship athlete rather than an athletic scholarship athlete? Notwithstanding Russell Wilson's millions, that would be the major sticking point if not. 

adding to bob's response, i can't find a direct answer via a web search. one indirect answer is that ivy league athletes can and do get a medical redshirt extra year of eligibility even though they do not receive athletic scholarships. also, stanford guarantees 4 years of scholarship even with injury; i have no idea if they guarantee 6 years. if stanford does guarantee a scholarship for all years played, i have no idea if anna could waive the scholarship.

in addition to a 15-player limit on scholarships, there is also a 15-player limit on travel, so one player would have to stay home for away games, at least those in league.
Given our recent injuries no problem on the travel.
It’s 4 years not 5 or 6 guaranteed

Bottom line I guess we wait to find out
But it beats no chance they return
It has been reported that both the ACT and the SAT have postponed giving their respective tests due the current C-19 virus outbreak.  I would assume this will impact Stanford's recruiting in Women's basketball, not to mention other Stanford sports.  Has anyone heard any changes in the admission process?
Greta Kampschroeder committed to Oregon State
Thanks for the update. Here’s another update

https://twitter.com/jbsbasketball/status...55744?s=21

On tara and Harriel
Darn. Glad there are a lot of other top recruit fish in the 2021 sea.
(03-30-2020, 10:24 AM)CardinalWBBFan Wrote: [ -> ]Greta Kampschroeder committed to Oregon State

Rats!
(03-30-2020, 10:46 AM)BobK Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks for the update.  Here’s another update

https://twitter.com/jbsbasketball/status...55744?s=21

On tara and Harriel

That one is pretty cryptic. Could mean almost anything.
Sean is Harriel’s HS and travel Coach
(03-30-2020, 12:35 PM)BobK Wrote: [ -> ]Sean is Harriel’s HS and travel Coach

I agree with CompSci that it is pretty cryptic, but assuming I have to believe it was a positive conversation if he tweeted about it.

Also, with Kampschroeder out, how are we looking for Citron?

BC
So Harriel if no Olivia Miles since both are PG?
Harriel is not a college or even HS point guard. I’ve seen her play. She’s a wing and a scorer.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39