The CardBoard

Full Version: WBB: Women's Basketball Updated Recruiting 2019-2023, April 4
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39
I am aware of OSU starting forward Bre Brown transferring to Georgia Tech after the '16-'17 season as a grad transfer and reserve guard Taylor Kalmer transfering to San Diego State after the '17-'18 season. Not sure of who the third one in the past five years is who is referenced above.

Brown was reportedly seeking a grad program that OSU did not offer, while Kalmer sought increased playing time and got it after redshirting a year.
Terea Green was the 3nd
(04-01-2020, 07:29 AM)2006alum Wrote: [ -> ]
(04-01-2020, 07:09 AM)BobK Wrote: [ -> ]As Paul Harvey used to say “and now for the rest of the story”

Oregon State has had 3 transfer out in the past 5 years and none were starters
Stanford with Rooks Thompson and Carrington has had 3 also. 

Gossip here is fun fake news is not appreciated at all

We are not called the laughing stock on the Oregon State board with this fake news.

And yes I see the quote from S was deleted

Amazing memory Bob. I can't think of a single player off the top of my head, so I guess no one who got serious playing time? Tell the OSU folks that this wasn't "we" but one random poster with 1 post to their name! ;)

Did Carrington decide to transfer or is she trying to come back to Stanford for a 5th year?  Marta Sniezek transferred to ND for her 5th year.
Whoops we have had 4 transfers. Three grad Oregon state 3 last 5 years.

Carrington just posted Oregon ucla and a third unknown not Stanford
I don't believe that Green transferred anywhere. I believe that she stopped playing basketball after being in the program for two or three years at OSU. If she played somewhere else, I am not aware of it.
I've deleted the rest of the posts that advanced or quoted rumors that are inappropriate here.
(04-01-2020, 01:34 PM)CompSci87 Wrote: [ -> ]I've deleted the rest of the posts that advanced or quoted rumors that are inappropriate here.

Thank you!
Thanks NW Bias I couldn’t find more on Green either.

Lots of activity on the Beaver board on our recent poster who is very active there as a critic of Oregon State WBB. I have a great PM from a Beaver poster and last I looked 10 pluses from my post this morning

Btw Winterburn of Oregon now in the transfer portal. Gives them an opening
ETA: Destiny Slocum of OSU Grad Transferring:

Perhaps our evanescent guest was right, as I recall them saying Thursday would be the day the news would drop.
He was right and is there another one coming. Wow stay turned rumor only right now
I'm hearing the same thing too, and she is on the other end of the height spectrum.
Where can I find the OSU board and maybe other pac-12 schools? I googled it but all the services required a monthly/yearly subscription fee.
(05-25-2018, 04:27 PM)BobK Wrote: [ -> ]2021: 
Caroline Ducharme, 6-1 Wing MA – Prospectsnation #22, Bluestar #7, ESPN 41.  Has visited 

To UCONN:

(04-01-2020, 10:28 AM)BobK Wrote: [ -> ]Carrington just posted Oregon ucla and a third unknown  not Stanford
Sheesh.  Just terrible news.  Not only to lose her--and seemingly unnecessarily so, but to Oregon or UCLA?  A double disaster.

I hate what the grad transfer rules are doing.  Terrible for Oregon State too.

And the third for Carrington?  Probably Maryland, right?
High time for the NCAA to allow transfers without penalty when there are head coaching changes. Across the board all sports.
Transfers without sitting out a year are possible in all NCAA sports except about 6
(04-02-2020, 03:46 PM)2006alum Wrote: [ -> ]ETA: Destiny Slocum of OSU Grad Transferring:

Perhaps our evanescent guest was right, as I recall them saying Thursday would be the day the news would drop.
not only were they right, but we owe them an apology for our response, which went beyond skeptical to downright unwelcoming with some character assassination.
(04-02-2020, 04:46 PM)kjimenez707 Wrote: [ -> ]Where can I find the OSU board and maybe other pac-12 schools? I googled it but all the services required a monthly/yearly subscription fee.

https://bennyshouse.com/
for OSU - Bernice's Place has WBB - no fee

Another Duck in portal; Lucy Cochrane sophomore 6'5 center from Australia
Tough break for OSU.

BC
(04-02-2020, 08:31 PM)mbdude Wrote: [ -> ]Another Duck in portal; Lucy Cochrane sophomore 6'5 center from Australia
Oregon has seen a LOT of transfer outs over the last few years.  It makes me wonder if they were pushed so Graves could free slots.  If this is what college sports are coming to--with elite coaches using "free agency" to staff their teams (Erin Boley, Minyon Moore, and now perhaps Dijonai Carrington) then the game loses its lustre for me.  I don't want college sports to be like pro sports, and it seems it is on that path.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39