The CardBoard

Full Version: WBB: Women's Basketball Updated Recruiting 2019-2023, April 4
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39
Big loss if it was possible.
(04-24-2020, 08:43 AM)mbdude Wrote: [ -> ]Olivia Miles to Notre Dame per Raoul- we were on her list. Ivey has already made difference

Yeah, I had a feeling that ship was sailing as soon as ND announced Ivey as their head coach.
oh nooooooooh!
(04-24-2020, 08:43 AM)mbdude Wrote: [ -> ]Olivia Miles to Notre Dame per Raoul- we were on her list. Ivey has already made difference

:(
Rori Harmon committed to Texas.
CoVid made me seriously wonder whether she would come all the way to CA (though I thought she'd end up possibly at UNC) and yes Ivey now puts Notre Dame back in there for some recruits. Congrats to her and a of immense proportions disappointment here. However I surmise that Tara had a sense she was a longshot anyway given other conversations with recruits....and hoping some of the others we await who are West Coast based stay here. To that end, can you remind me when the "early" 2021 admissions occur? IIRC Chiney knew or committed in May. So perhaps a few of those wings or forwards from WA/CA know?
(04-24-2020, 11:13 AM)Jskass Wrote: [ -> ]
CoVid made me seriously wonder whether she would come all the way to CA (though I thought she'd end up possibly at UNC) and yes Ivey now puts Notre Dame back in there for some recruits. Congrats to her and a of immense proportions disappointment here. However I surmise that Tara had a sense she was a longshot anyway given other conversations with recruits....and hoping some of the others we await who are West Coast based stay here. To that end, can you remind me when the "early" 2021 admissions occur? IIRC Chiney knew or committed in May. So perhaps a few of those wings or forwards from WA/CA know?

Based on no inside information, my best guess is that assuming they get through door 1, our likeliest pickups are Iriafen, Harriel, and Van Oelhoffen. Harriel has made clear she will come if offered, and everything I've read and heard about Iriafen suggests she's a perfect fit for Stanford. I'm less clear on Van Oelhoffen vs. a third. My guess is Citron and Fudd end up elsewhere, alas.
Agree on your top three but think Citron is very likely.

Wish we would get the good news on someone
(04-24-2020, 11:54 AM)BobK Wrote: [ -> ]Agree on your top three but think Citron is very likely.

Wish we would get the good news on someone

I hope so. She has a lot of East Coast schools among her finalists, including UConn, and the Boneyarders seem to think she is a likely pickup for them. But the non-athlete pipeline from Scarsdale to Stanford is substantial, so depending on how much the 40-year decision influences her, she certainly wouldn't be a surprising pickup.
If you read the boneyard you know they are all going to UConn lol
(04-24-2020, 11:59 AM)BobK Wrote: [ -> ]If you read the boneyard you know they are all going to UConn lol

Somewhat true - almost no one on BY thought Miles was going to UConn. Citron and Fudd have been the two they've been disproportionately focused on the past 6 months. I agree that Fudd is more hopes and dreams, but Citron seems probable given the number of Westchester/upstate NY recruits who've had terrific success at UConn.
(04-24-2020, 12:06 PM)2006alum Wrote: [ -> ]
(04-24-2020, 11:59 AM)BobK Wrote: [ -> ]If you read the boneyard you know they are all going to UConn lol

Somewhat true - almost no one on BY thought Miles was going to UConn. Citron and Fudd have been the two they've been disproportionately focused on the past 6 months. I agree that Fudd is more hopes and dreams, but Citron seems probable given the number of Westchester/upstate NY recruits who've had terrific success at UConn.

I really have a hard time seeing Citron to UConn.  They already have Poffenberger and Ducharme in the same class who play the same position.  The UConn fans like to imagine all those players can be on the same team and some of them will be happy playing 5 minutes a game but the reality is that UConn has recruited like that before.  Their class of 2017 had 4 guards/wings.  Megan Walker left after 3 years and the other 3 players all transferred.

I am changing my guess/hope for our 2021 class to be Iriafen, Von Oelhoffen, Citron and Harriel.  It is tough missing out on a bigger point guard but hopefully Von Oelhoffen can play some of that role as well as Kiki Rice in 2022.
and Verlhurst verbals Louisville. Don't know how much she was on our radar, but thought it was a possible.
(04-24-2020, 12:59 PM)BosCard Wrote: [ -> ]
(04-24-2020, 12:06 PM)2006alum Wrote: [ -> ]

I really have a hard time seeing Citron to UConn.  They already have Poffenberger and Ducharme in the same class who play the same position.  The UConn fans like to imagine all those players can be on the same team and some of them will be happy playing 5 minutes a game but the reality is that UConn has recruited like that before.  Their class of 2017 had 4 guards/wings.  Megan Walker left after 3 years and the other 3 players all transferred.

I am changing my guess/hope for our 2021 class to be Iriafen, Von Oelhoffen, Citron and Harriel.  It is tough missing out on a bigger point guard but hopefully Von Oelhoffen can play some of that role as well as Kiki Rice in 2022.

UConn is not recruiting Citron.  Not sure they ever really showed much interest in her likely because the UConn staff knew she wouldn't be interested.  There's no talk of Citron on the Boneyard.  ND fans seem to covet her.
Niele Ivey will focus initially on Fudd, Iriafen and Citron for '21.
has azzi fudd visited?
Citron to Notre Dame.  Ugh.
Noooooooooooooo. Damn
Time for us to grab the top recruits from WA and CA. Would make an amazing class as we already have Demeter. Disappointed but not shocked by Miles and Citron staying within one time zone of East Coast homes but now we want to keep ours here!
Ivey certainly making a great start to her tenure and rebuilding the program after all 5 starters left after their national title runner-up run.

Demetre was a great start, but we missed out on a few good prospects on the long list, that is dwindling without any of them being added to our column.

Hoping for the long shot and possibly getting Fudd, but not holding my breath.

Any updates on Rayah Marshall? There was the article a few months ago saying we were interested, but haven't seen anything else. She's from SoCal, which might help us
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39