The CardBoard

Full Version: WBB: Women's Basketball Updated Recruiting 2019-2023, April 4
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39
Adding Talia and Kiki would make this an amazing class with three top-10 players. 

I think the biggest competition for von Oelhoffen is UCLA and Oregon State. I think I like our chances with her as well. Could come down to Stanford and Oregon State (although that last one didn’t end so well). 

The schools that seem to be in the running for Iriafen are Baylor, UConn, Stanford, Oregon, and UCLA. Does she think she may get buried too deep with Prechtel, Belibi, and Brink? I actually think that would be a great 4/5 rotation. There is always Betts and Gardiner in 2022 though. 

There was an article about some Rayah Marshall interest in the fall. Not sure if she is a possibility.
(05-14-2020, 12:09 PM)Lorcan Wrote: [ -> ]
(05-14-2020, 12:01 PM)BostonCard Wrote: [ -> ]So no Azzi?

BC

Azzi still up in the air, nobody really has any indication as to whether she'll join her really good friend Paige at UConn or not. If anything, I think many of us suspect that she's a UConn lean, but will be joyous if she joins Stanford. Given the current state of affairs, one would hope that getting a Stanford education helps tips the scales in our favor. Who knows if pro sports will come out of this okay?

The one thing I have wondered about with Fudd is why she hasn't already declared. If she was going to sign with UConn, what's stopping her? My hope (and it's pure hope, and highly unlikely) is that she's waiting for a Stanford admission to make her final decision. If that hasn't already come, that could explain why she's still waiting. Otherwise, I have no idea what she's holding out for.

One other thing, Bob: at some point you should considering making a new thread for WBB Recruits. (Best for your to do it so you can update your own posts at the top.) Now that 2020 is signed, sealed, and delivered, we are talking 2021+, and this beast of a thread that began with Class of 2019 is rounding onto its 40th page! Thanks!
(05-14-2020, 11:50 AM)BobK Wrote: [ -> ]Hughes blew up this season and even better in the state tournament.    A good friend who has watched Hughes Loves her

Rankings aren’t the end all. 

I looked at some highlights from this year's tournament (vs. Rogers) and she looked like an undersized post player that did not have a Pac-10 frame or athleticism. Perhaps she also has some perimeter skills that were not on display from that tape. I'd love to see some of her body of work at the top of her game.
Interestingly Scorebook Live Washington lists Hughes as the 3rd best player in the state.  This is what they say about her: 

"Is there a more enjoyable player to watch? Her in-game work rate is crazy, and the 4A KingCo MVP continues to develop into a complete scorer."

For reference, here are other players on that list and their HoopGurlz ranking:
1. Hailey Van Lith (#7)
2. Jayda Noble (#99)
3. Mia Hughes (NR)
4. Keeli Burton-Oliver (NR)
5. Dalayah Daniels (#13)
6. Talia Von Oelhoffen (#10)

BobK, do you know what position she plays?  The Scorebook Live stuff lists her as a PF and at 5'11" that might be tough in the PAC-12 unless you have the athleticism of Michaela Onyenwere.
I really think we won’t see much travel this summer hope I’m wrong. I’m not big on video I like to see the player doing everything. Offense defense interaction on the bench with coaches and players

Thanks BosCard. I gather Hughes is a 2-3 in college. You probably know Jump played post as a HS Sr so HS positions aren’t perfect for ones future

I think Talia’s big decision is to be a Point at Oregon State or a 2-3 at Stanford
(05-14-2020, 12:50 PM)BobK Wrote: [ -> ]I really think we won’t see much travel this summer hope I’m wrong.    I’m not big on video I like to see the player doing everything.  Offense defense interaction on the bench with coaches and players

Thanks BosCard.  I gather Hughes is a 2-3 in college.    You probably know Jump played post as a HS Sr so HS positions aren’t perfect for ones future

I think Talia’s big decision is to be a Point at Oregon State or a 2-3 at Stanford

Thanks BobK.  I hear you on Jump, but in high school she was draining threes as a "center".  The video I saw of Hughes was all layups in the post.
(05-14-2020, 12:28 PM)2006alum Wrote: [ -> ]
(05-14-2020, 12:09 PM)Lorcan Wrote: [ -> ]
(05-14-2020, 12:01 PM)BostonCard Wrote: [ -> ]So no Azzi?

BC

Azzi still up in the air, nobody really has any indication as to whether she'll join her really good friend Paige at UConn or not. If anything, I think many of us suspect that she's a UConn lean, but will be joyous if she joins Stanford. Given the current state of affairs, one would hope that getting a Stanford education helps tips the scales in our favor. Who knows if pro sports will come out of this okay?

The one thing I have wondered about with Fudd is why she hasn't already declared. If she was going to sign with UConn, what's stopping her? My hope (and it's pure hope, and highly unlikely) is that she's waiting for a Stanford admission to make her final decision. If that hasn't already come, that could explain why she's still waiting. Otherwise, I have no idea what she's holding out for.

One other thing, Bob: at some point you should considering making a new thread for WBB Recruits. (Best for your to do it so you can update your own posts at the top.) Now that 2020 is signed, sealed, and delivered, we are talking 2021+, and this beast of a thread that began with Class of 2019 is rounding onto its 40th page! Thanks!

Bob . . . I second this proposal re a new thread. And yes, it should be you who does it.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39