The CardBoard

Full Version: WBB: Women's Basketball Updated Recruiting 2019-2023, April 4
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39
(09-08-2018, 10:55 AM)81alum Wrote: [ -> ]
(09-08-2018, 10:45 AM)BobK Wrote: [ -> ]Surprised me and agree on your thought
I have no particular reason to believe this about Haley, but sometimes I wonder if these kids have their minds made up long before they actually publicly announce their decisions.  Some may enjoy the visits, meeting the coaches and players at various schools, etc.  Being recruited may be fun for certain kids so why not play it out and enjoy the attention?

On the other hand, I know I would want to make a decision of that importance early enough to think about it for a long time before reaching the point of no return.  Hard to imagine a kid visiting a school and then making the 40 year decision within a week or two after.

"Hard to imagine a kid visiting a school and then making the 40 year decision within a week or two after"
     Unless, of course, that decision were to choose Stanford.
Alli Campbell committed to Notre Dame yesterday. Our list is now updated
(09-08-2018, 09:54 AM)BobK Wrote: [ -> ]Jones

https://mobile.twitter.com/haleyjoness19...4628191232

i am surprised to see the fans on twitter soliciting her to go to their school. if they are boosters, which is likely, aren't such solicitations in violation of ncaa rules?
This is the most recent recruiting thread, I think.
Oops, I bumped an old one. And I forgot about Prechtel.
Bumped for updates . Brink and 2022 Rice
Thanks Bob! BTW, if you want, you can also update our commits' rankings since, like fine wine and Palo Alto real estate, they've all appreciated substantially since you first noted them:

COMMIT:   Francesca Belibi , 6-1 Post/Forward, Co. Ranked # 33 --> now # 23 per ESPN

COMMIT:   Hannah Jump, Pinewood, 5-11 Guard, ranked # 57 --> now # 50 per ESPN

COMMIT:   Ashten Prechtel, 6-5 Post, Colorado, ranked # 25. --> now # 16 per ESPN

And Jones, of course, is now the consensus # 1, displacing Amihere, who's slid down to # 10, presumably due to the injury that wiped out her senior season.
I did update the ranking However I used the highest espn or PN

I did update the ranking However I used the highest espn or PN
Bump for Haley Jones commitment.
Do we still have four spots for next year?  Anyone hazard a guess as to who the most likely recruits would be?

BC
(11-28-2018, 02:48 PM)BostonCard Wrote: [ -> ]Do we still have four spots for next year?  Anyone hazard a guess as to who the most likely recruits would be?

BC

2 of the 4 2020 spots are spoken for:

COMMIT: Jana Van Gytenbeek 5-7 Guard Colorado. Ranked # 30

COMMIT:   Cameron Brink 6-4 Post / Forward  Oregon ranked #2 

Don't really know where we stand as far as filling the remaining 2 - BobK, please come to the white courtesy telephone.....
Wouldn’t it be nice if we were to attract Bueckers and Daniels?
Updated our list

Daniels is a very real possibility.
Keeping in mind that while one strong class is great, the trick is to string together 2-3 successive classes where you can have a rotation of 6-7 players with potential all-Pac 12 talent and one or two who have all-American skills.  To my eyes, the 2019 class going forward or backward one class looks to have that championship potential if health and development breaks our way.  That being said, here is a recap of the most recent classes, with some of 2010 hanging in the balance:

2020 (so far):
Jana Van Gytenbeek 5-7 Guard 
Cameron Brink 6-4 Post / Forward 
TBD #1
TBD #2

2019:
Francesca Belibi , 6-1 Post/Forward
Hannah Jump, Pinewood, 5-11 Guard
Ashten Prechtel, 6-5 Post
Haley Jones, 6-1 Wing/Guard 

2018:
Jenna Brown, 5-10 Guard
Lexie Hull, 6-1 Forward
Lacie Hull, 6-1 Forward

2017:
Kiana Williams, 5-7 Guard
Maya Dodson, 6-3 Post/Forward
Estella Moschkau, 6-2 Wing
Alyssa Jerome, 6-1 Wing/Forward

2016:
Nadia Fingall, 6-3 Forward
DiJonai Carrington, 6-0 Wing/Guard
Anna Wilson, 5-7 Guard
Mikaela Brewer, 5-10 Guard
Yes, we are on an upward trend. Compare our class rankings over the past 5 seasons:

2015: NR
2016: 9th (4 players)
2017: 5th (4)
2018: 10th (3)
2019: 2nd (4)

Indeed, in the entire span of 2016-19, we had only three recruits who weren't ESPN Top 100 - Brewer and Jerome (both Canadian), and Lacie (who just matched the best single-game steals number since Candice Wiggins in 2007 six games into her frosh year). Tara will have a deep bench and will be able to wear teams down with the Princeton, a lot of ball movement, and rotation changes that will make it hard to scout against us. We also have a lot of highly athletic players coming in - much more than Stanford usually gets. I really really can't wait to see Jones dish an alley oop to Bellibi off a fast break. You know they're going to try it. (Jones said as much in one of her interviews).
Seems like the plan for our remaining 2020 class is a big combo guard (Bueckers or Clark) and a forward/post (Marshall, Daniels or Watson).  If we get one of those two combo guards and one of the three posts, 2020 could be the best recruiting year ever, which is saying a lot considering how amazing 2019 was.  Combine those classes back to back and we have a multiple final four/competing for national championships team.  And to be honest, I think we already have that now but filling out the 2020 class could further improve our chances.
With the caveat that all the young women will need to live up to their recruiting ratings.  Injuries, lack of development, etc.... all happen.

BC
I read a story on Clark a couple of days ago. She had visited 6-7 schools including ucla and Oregon. No Stanford mention. That’s not the end all of course but not promising
Also looking forward to welcoming Azzi Fudd when the time comes.
(11-29-2018, 02:41 PM)BostonCard Wrote: [ -> ]With the caveat that all the young women will need to live up to their recruiting ratings.  Injuries, lack of development, etc.... all happen.

BC

This. Times 1000. Wilson was at one point the number 4 recruit in the country. Due to a series of seriously unfortunate incidents, now into her junior year and we still haven't seen her able to get serious minutes. 

Oregon State just redshirted 6'9" Andrea Aquino because she needs more time to get in D1 playing shape. She was ESPN no. 7, OSU's highest rated recruit ever. Meanwhile Gulich wasn't ranked (international) and Second Team All-American Sydney Wiese was no. 80 her year.

Closer to home, Taylor Rooks was ESPN No. 18. Barely played for us her frosh year, then transferred. Kailee Johnson was No. 20 (and I think at one point low teens) - Tara basically said she never really seriously committed to bball once on the Farm. No. 13 Aly Beebe, meant to be our Chiney replacement, had 3 ACL tears and retired from the sport after a redshirt frosh year on the team.

Injuries happen. Life happens. Interests change. Bodies change. Recruiting is step one, but there's no guarantees. Let's lap up the joy of our great incoming recruits, and cross our fingers everything goes according to plan. (Hi woofing gods!)
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39