The CardBoard

Full Version: 2019 Stanford Football Personnel
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17
It's fair to call Brock Jones a former walk-on - I'm also not sure when he got the schollie, but it was after he had joined the team.
I believe being a recruited athlete it was once he played in a game

Terry where are you ? :)
M*A*S*H Unit. The following players did not appear against the Knights due to injury.
  • Running Back
    • Justus Woods, so.
    • Trevor Speights, sr.
  • Wide Receiver
    • Donald Stewart, sr.
  • Tackle
    • Walker Little, jr.
    • Foster Sarell, jr.
    • Grant Pease, so.
  • Guard
    • Trey Stratford, so.
    • Dylan Powell, sr.
  • Inside Linebacker
    • Ricky Miezan, so.
    • JMF, so.
  • Cornerback
    • Ethan Bonner, so.
    • Treyjohn Butler, sr.
  • Safety
    • Stuart Head, jr.
In addition, the following players were injured in the game, and are out against Oregon.
  • OT Branson Bragg, fr.
(09-17-2019, 10:58 PM)BostonCard Wrote: [ -> ]Kelly actually took more snaps than Eboh.  And didn't Miller play tackle when Hattis had to move inside because of an injury there?  I'm starting to lose track.

BC

Thanks for the info re: Kelly vs Eboh; did not watch the game. Perhaps all the bullishness on Eboh over the summer was a bit premature.

Miller took over for Sarell at RT in the SC game when the latter went out (and not Bragg, for whatever reason). But against UCF, it was Bragg, who had been listed primarily at guard, to start for Sarell at RT. If Bragg really is better than Miller, I find it odd that they did not start Hamilton or Hattis at tackle and Bragg at guard. Instead, I believe that Hattis and Hamilton have both stayed at guard the whole time.

-m.
On the eligibility front assuming Little takes a hike and Sarell can get over the "made of glass" situation I think all return next year if Powell, Hattis and Hamilton play a fifth year.
(09-19-2019, 10:33 AM)Phogge Wrote: [ -> ]On the eligibility front assuming Little takes a hike and Sarell can get over the "made of glass" situation I think all return next year if Powell, Hattis and Hamilton play a fifth year.

Little has precedent to come back, interestingly enough. Current UW senior OT Trey Adams tore his ACL in their first game last year and decided to come back even though he was a projected first round pick.

I'm not holding out hope for it, but the possibility is there.
Bragg had been hurting. Now of course out for months
Bench Bunch. The following non-injured non-frosh scholarship players did not appear against the Knights.
  • Quarterback
    • Jack West, so.
    • Jack Richardson, sr.
  • Wide Receiver
    • IBS, 6th yr.
  • Outside Linebacker
    • Tangaloa Kaufusi, so.
    • Caleb Kelly, so.
(09-17-2019, 04:41 PM)Langdude Wrote: [ -> ]Frosh Force. An unprecedented 13 true freshmen played against the Knights.
  • OT Branson Bragg played in his first game of the season, starting at RT for Foster Sarell. He had been listed as a "guard/tackle," but apparently he is more tackle than Barrett Miller.
  • WR Elijah Higgins played, presumably on ST; he did not record a reception. He has played in all three games this season.
  • RB Austin Jones saw the field extensively, carrying the ball six times for 69 yards and his first collegiate score, and one reception for four yards. He has played in all three games this season, and seems to have leapfrogged Dorian Maddox in the pecking order at RB.
  • Brock Jones, who at some point since his signing was given a scholarship, played in his second game. Not sure if it was ST or on defense. He did not record any tackles.
  • S Spencer Jorgensen, a walk-on, played in the first game of his college career, and did not record a tackle. ST?
  • CB Kyu Blu Kelly played, recording three tackles. He has played in all three games this season, and seems to be the third corner.
  • CB Zahran Manley played in his second game of the season, and did not record a tackle. ST?
  • Jonathan McGill played on defense, recording three tackles and recovering a fumble and returning it for 28 yards and a touchdown. He has played in all three games this season. How long until he starts at safety?
  • OT Barrett Miller played in his second game of the season, presumably as the extra lineman in jumbo.
  • RB Nathaniel Peat played in his second game, recording a reception for -4 yards.
  • OT Walter Rouse started at LT for Walker Little again. He has played in all three games this season.
  • Ryan Sanborn, a walk-on, got a lot of work in his third game. He punted seven times for a healthy 41.4 yard average. He had one 50+ yard punt, and three inside the 20 yard line. Easily his best game so far.
  • ILB Tristan Sinclair made his collegiate debut, recording an impressive four tackles. Perhaps he was thrust into action early due to injuries, but if he can contribute, have at it.

According to Troy Clardy's recent podcast, CB Salim Turner-Muhammad also debuted vs. UCF.
Frosh Force. Ten true freshmen played against the Ducks.
  • WR Elijah Higgins played, presumably on ST; he did not record a reception. He has played in all four games this season.
  • RB Austin Jones saw the field a lot, and now seems to be the backup RB. He carried the ball three times for 20 yards, and had one reception for four yards. He has played in all four games this season, and seems locked in as our RB of the future.
  • Brock Jones, a former walk-on, played in his third game, recording a tackle. We need safeties.
  • Spencer Jorgensen, a walk-on, played in his second game, and did not record a tackle, so probably was on ST.
  • CB Kyu Blu Kelly started at CB over Obi Eboh. He recorded four tackles, including a TFL and scored a quarterback hit. He has played in all four games this season. Maybe the next Quenton Meeks?
  • Jonathan McGill played on defense, supplanting J.J. Parson as the starting NB. He did not record a tackle, but did have a PBU. He has played in all four games this season.
  • OT Barrett Miller played in his third game of the season, presumably as the extra lineman in jumbo.
  • RB Nathaniel Peat played, but did not record a carry or reception. The official website insists that he did appear against Northwestern, so I am going to say this was his fourth game.
  • OT Walter Rouse started at LT. He has played in all four games this season.
  • Ryan Sanborn, a walk-on, got a lot of work again, punting six times for an improved 42.7 yard average. He had one 50+ yard punt, and one inside the 20 yard line. He's played in every contest, and seems to be improving every game.
(09-24-2019, 04:12 PM)Langdude Wrote: [ -> ]
  • OT Barrett Miller played in his third game of the season, presumably as the extra lineman in jumbo.

FYI, we don't run jumbo because there aren't enough healthy linemen to risk doing so. (Unless you count Tucker Fisk in-line blocking.) Miller came in when Devery Hamilton went down.
(09-24-2019, 04:53 PM)SamuelMcF Wrote: [ -> ]
(09-24-2019, 04:12 PM)Langdude Wrote: [ -> ]

FYI, we don't run jumbo because there aren't enough healthy linemen to risk doing so. (Unless you count Tucker Fisk in-line blocking.) Miller came in when Devery Hamilton went down.

Good point. Though I suppose they probably do use him as an extra lineman for FG?

-m.
Walk-On Union Watch. Seven non-scholarship players got PT against the Ducks.
  • Alex Gracey. Sophomore. He again served as the holder for field goals and extra points. He has played in each game this season.
  • Spencer Jorgensen. Freshman. He played in his second game.
  • OLB Thunder Justice Keck. Junior. He did not record a tackle. He has played in all four games this season.
  • ILB Jake Lynch. Sophomore. Made his collegiate debut; he did not record a tackle. Congrats, Jake!
  • OLB Caleb Phillips. Junior. He has played in all four games this year.
  • Ryan Sanborn. Freshman. Did markedly better again as the team's punter. He has played in each game this season.
  • OLB Anthony Trinh. Senior. He dd not record a tackle in his third appearance of the season.
In addition...
  • ILB Ryan Beecher, a fifth-year former walk-on, played, but did not record a tackle. He has played in all four games this season.
  • Brock Jones, a freshman former walk-on, played in his third game, and recorded a tackle.
  • WR Brycen Tremayne, a sophomore former walk-on, played for the fourth time. No catches.
  • Noah Williams, a junior former walk-on, played for the third time. He did not record a tackle.
(09-25-2019, 09:49 PM)Langdude Wrote: [ -> ]Walk-On Union Watch. Seven non-scholarship players got PT against the Ducks.
  • Alex Gracey. Sophomore. He again served as the holder for field goals and extra points. He has played in each game this season.
  • Spencer Jorgensen. Freshman. He played in his second game.
  • OLB Thunder Justice Keck. Junior. He did not record a tackle. He has played in all four games this season.
  • OLB Jake Lynch. Sophomore. Made his collegiate debut; he did not record a tackle. Congrats, Jake!
  • OLB Caleb Phillips. Junior. He has played in all four games this year.
  • Ryan Sanborn. Freshman. Did markedly better again as the team's punter. He has played in each game this season.
  • OLB Anthony Trinh. Senior. He dd not record a tackle in his third appearance of the season.
In addition...
  • ILB Ryan Beecher, a fifth-year former walk-on, played, but did not record a tackle. He has played in all four games this season.
  • Brock Jones, a freshman former walk-on, played in his third game, and recorded a tackle.
  • WR Brycen Tremayne, a sophomore former walk-on, played for the fourth time. No catches.
  • Noah Williams, a junior former walk-on, played for the third time. He did not record a tackle.

Thanks for these, Langdude. A couple quick comments:

Jake Lynch is an ILB.

I'm genuinely surprised former walk-on JJ Parson didn't play at all. Seems like an abrupt turnaround for a previously starting DB, although I'm not complaining, since he was...uh...not very good. Hoping we get Head (was in line for serious PT) and Bonner (coaches liked him and Eboh got benched for Kelly already) back shortly to give the DBs some help, but the game experience Kelly, McGill, and B Jones are already racking up is encouraging for the future of the room.

It wouldn't surprise me if Sanborn is already on scholarship considering he's our starting punter. I'm not claiming insider information on this one; I genuinely don't know. He should be, imo.
Passing on inside, LOL Yes Sanborn is on scholarship, confirmed
(09-25-2019, 10:19 PM)SamuelMcF Wrote: [ -> ]Jake Lynch is an ILB.

Shoot. I totally know that. Corrected.

-m.

M*A*S*H Unit. The following players did not appear against the Ducks due to injury.
  • Running Back
    • Trevor Speights, sr. Four games missed.
    • Justus Woods, so. Four games missed.
  • Wide Receiver
    • Donald Stewart, sr. Four games missed.
  • Tackle
    • Walker Little, jr. Three games missed.
    • Grant Pease, so. Four games missed.
  • Guard
    • Dylan Powell, sr. Four games missed.
    • Branson Bragg, fr. One game missed.
    • Trey Stratford, so. Four games missed.
  • Inside Linebacker
    • Ricky Miezan, so. Two games missed.
    • JMF, so. Two games missed.
  • Cornerback
    • Ethan Bonner, so. Four games missed.
    • Treyjohn Butler, sr. Four games missed.
  • Safety
    • Stuart Head, jr. Four games missed.
Bench Bunch. The following non-injured non-frosh scholarship players did not appear against the Ducks.
  • Quarterback
    • Davis Mills, jr.
    • Jack West, so. I think I'd like to see the young man throw a few passes.
    • Jack Richardson, sr.
  • Defensive End
    • Ryan Johnson, jr. Injury?
  • Outside Linebacker
    • Andres Fox, so. Woah. Either he's injured, or the coaches are rethinking the burnt shirt.
    • Tangaloa Kaufusi, so. OK; so it is strange that he has not played one down yet.
    • Caleb Kelly, so. Ditto.
  • Safety
    • J.J. Parson, sr. To go from starting nickel to not even playing?
(09-26-2019, 09:02 PM)Langdude Wrote: [ -> ]Bench Bunch. The following non-injured non-frosh scholarship players did not appear against the Ducks.
  • Quarterback
    • Davis Mills, jr.
    • Jack West, so. I think I'd like to see the young man throw a few passes.
    • Jack Richardson, sr.
  • Defensive End
    • Ryan Johnson, jr. Injury?
  • Outside Linebacker
    • Andres Fox, so. Woah. Either he's injured, or the coaches are rethinking the burnt shirt.
    • Tangaloa Kaufusi, so. OK; so it is strange that he has not played one down yet.
    • Caleb Kelly, so. Ditto.
  • Safety
    • J.J. Parson, sr. To go from starting nickel to not even playing?
Ryan Johnson and Donald Stewart are perfectly healthy AFAIK. Shocking that Peek played and Johnson didn't.

Did IBS really get snaps?!?!
(09-26-2019, 05:36 AM)BobK Wrote: [ -> ]Passing on inside, LOL Yes Sanborn is on scholarship, confirmed

Thanks, Bob. I updated on chart. I also demarcated Brock Jones on scholarship. Freshman class now at 23 scholies!

-m.
Chart updated to reflect KJ Costello injury.

-m.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17