The CardBoard

Full Version: 2019 Stanford Football Personnel
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17
(09-26-2019, 10:28 PM)SamuelMcF Wrote: [ -> ]Did IBS really get snaps?!?!

I have seen him in the game on special teams.
M*A*S*H Unit. The following players did not appear against the Beavers due to injury.
  • Quarterback
    • KJ Costello, sr. Two games missed.
  • Running Back
    • Trevor Speights, sr. Five games missed.
    • Justus Woods, so. Five games missed.
  • Wide Receiver
    • Donald Stewart, sr. Five games missed. If anyone gets confirmation that Stewart is healthy and is merely sitting, please post.
  • Tackle
    • Walker Little, jr. Four games missed.
    • Grant Pease, so. Five games missed.
  • Guard
    • Devery Hamilton, sr. One game missed. I guess we did not take the "OR" in the depth chart seriously enough. I thought he'd be good to go for this game. It is incredible that we played THE ENTIRE GAME with only five OL. And Foster Sarell not at full strength.
    • Dylan Powell, sr. Five games missed.
    • Branson Bragg, fr. Two games missed.
    • Trey Stratford, so. Five games missed.
  • Inside Linebacker
    • Ricky Miezan, so. Three games missed.
    • JMF, so. Three games missed.
  • Cornerback
    • Ethan Bonner, so. Five games missed.
    • Treyjohn Butler, sr. Five games missed.
Other notes...
  • S Stuart Head, jr., played on ST after four games missed.
(09-30-2019, 11:13 AM)Langdude Wrote: [ -> ]Other notes...
  • S Stuart Head, jr., played on ST after four games missed.

This shocked the hell out of me. He was in line to either rotate or start at S before his injury; why not get his feet wet on defense when our secondary is getting roasted already?
(09-30-2019, 11:13 AM)Langdude Wrote: [ -> ]M*A*S*H Unit. The following players did not appear against the Beavers due to injury.

[*]Wide Receiver
  • Donald Stewart, sr. Five games missed. If anyone gets confirmation that Stewart is healthy and is merely sitting, please post.
[*]

I have no information on Stewart's status, but it seems pretty clear that he's been recruited over (a few times) and is now buried on the depth chart.
(09-30-2019, 05:02 PM)Strid340 Wrote: [ -> ]
(09-30-2019, 11:13 AM)Langdude Wrote: [ -> ]M*A*S*H Unit. The following players did not appear against the Beavers due to injury.

[*]Wide Receiver
[*]

I have no information on Stewart's status, but it seems pretty clear that he's been recruited over (a few times) and is now buried on the depth chart.

Yes, clearly he's been recruited over. Given his history, it's just interesting, and a bit mystifying. He was one of four true freshmen to play his first year (though barely; it was not a smart decision to burn his shirt), and his stock has steadily declined since an unspectacular sophomore season. Now even former redshirts and injury-ridden seldom-seens play in front of him. Don't know if it was injuries or off-field stuff or what. There was some reason coaches recruited him and played him so early. Then he didn't play at all last year after three games on ST. ST can always use big fast guys like him, but he did not see the field. Just weird.

-m.
(09-30-2019, 10:35 PM)Langdude Wrote: [ -> ]
(09-30-2019, 05:02 PM)Strid340 Wrote: [ -> ]

[*]Wide Receiver

[*]

Yes, clearly he's been recruited over. Given his history, it's just interesting, and a bit mystifying. He was one of four true freshmen to play his first year (though barely; it was not a smart decision to burn his shirt), and his stock has steadily declined since an unspectacular sophomore season. Now even former redshirts and injury-ridden seldom-seens play in front of him. Don't know if it was injuries or off-field stuff or what. There was some reason coaches recruited him and played him so early. Then he didn't play at all last year after three games on ST. ST can always use big fast guys like him, but he did not see the field. Just weird.

-m.

For the record he got hurt in/after that third game, out for the rest of the season. Still doesn't explain the total disappearance this season though. Last year counted as his redshirt so there's no reason not to play him if he's earned it...which I guess he hasn't. Hell, RS Fr Brycen Tremayne earned a scholarship and caught a TD vs Oregon State before Stewart even saw the field this year. I sense a grad transfer/retirement upcoming.
Bench Bunch. The following non-injured non-frosh scholarship players did not appear against the Beavers.
  • Quarterback
    • Jack West, so.
    • Jack Richardson, sr.
  • Defensive Tackle
    • Bo Peek, sr.
  • Outside Linebacker
    • Andres Fox, so. Redshirting?
    • Tangaloa Kaufusi, so.
    • Caleb Kelly, so.
  • Safety
    • J.J. Parson, sr.
    • Noah Williams, jr.
(10-01-2019, 09:11 PM)Langdude Wrote: [ -> ]Bench Bunch. The following non-injured non-frosh scholarship players did not appear against the Beavers.
  • Quarterback
    • Jack West, so.
    • Jack Richardson, sr.
  • Defensive Tackle
    • Bo Peek, sr.
  • Outside Linebacker
    • Andres Fox, so. Redshirting?
    • Tangaloa Kaufusi, so.
    • Caleb Kelly, so.
  • Safety
    • J.J. Parson, sr.
    • Noah Williams, jr.

I apologize if this has already been addressed-

Which frosh have crossed the 4-game threshold, and which are still at 4 or under?
If you go to the table at the first post in this thread, Lang dude has been nice enough to Mark freshmen who have played a game with a ‘+’ for every game they have played.

BC
(10-02-2019, 12:31 AM)BostonCard Wrote: [ -> ]If you go to the table at the first post in this thread, Lang dude has been nice enough to Mark freshmen who have played a game with a ‘+’ for every game they have played.

BC

Ahh, thanks! Looks like some ‘shirts get burnt this weekend.....
Yeah, looks like the following players will have their shirts burnt....

RB: Austin Jones and Nathaniel Peat
WR: Elijah Higgins
OT: Walter Rouse
OG: Barrett Miller (in a couple games)
CB: Kyu Blu Kelly
S: johnathan McGill
S: Brock Jones (in a couple games)

I am surprised that we haven’t brought on any of our inside linebackers (Tristan Sinclair has played one game).  It is a position that has not played well, where a couple of the key younger guys (mike an and JMF) have been injured, and for which we have virtually no depth.  This doesn’t bode well for the future.

BC
(10-02-2019, 02:38 AM)BostonCard Wrote: [ -> ]I am surprised that we haven’t brought on any of our inside linebackers (Tristan Sinclair has played one game).  It is a position that has not played well, where a couple of the key younger guys (mike an and JMF) have been injured, and for which we have virtually no depth.  This doesn’t bode well for the future.

BC

They are too young and not ready. ILB is probably the most cerebrally-taxing position on D; according to a well-known former ILB, when he played as a true frosh he was just running around with no clue wtf he was doing. (Hell, Curtis Robinson seems like HE'S doing that sometimes.) It's not like throwing a frosh DB in there and saying "cover this dude" or "play this zone." Plus Sinclair, while showing some speed and predilection to hit, is only ~210 right now...too light. And Damuni is likely a little out of shape after his mission.
Walk-On Union Watch. Six non-scholarship players got PT against the Beavers.
  • Alex Gracey. Sophomore. He again served as the holder for field goals and extra points. He has played in each game this season.
  • Spencer Jorgensen. Freshman. He played in his third game on ST, and did not record a tackle.
  • OLB Thunder Justice Keck. Junior. He got a tackle. He has played in all five games this season.
  • TE Kyle McCombs. Junior. He did not record a reception in his second appearance of the season.
  • OLB Caleb Phillips. Junior. He has played in all five games this year on ST. He did not record a tackle.
  • OLB Anthony Trinh. Senior. He dd not record a tackle in his fourth appearance of the season.
In addition...
  • ILB Ryan Beecher, a fifth-year former walk-on, played, but did not record a tackle. He has played in all five games this season.
  • Brock Jones, a freshman former walk-on, played in his fourth game, I think on ST only. He did not record a tackle.
  • P Ryan Sanborn, a freshman former walk-on, continues to serve as the team's punter, and had a great game. Three punts for a 50.3 yard average; two downed inside the 20, and one 50+ yard punt.
  • WR Brycen Tremayne, a sophomore former walk-on, played for the fifth time. He caught a three yard touchdown pass for his first collegiate reception. Congrats, Brycen!
Frosh Force. Ten true freshmen played against the Beavers. As this was the fifth game of the season, we saw seven true freshman officially use a year of eligibility.
  • WR Elijah Higgins played on ST; he did not record a reception or tackle. He has played in all five games this season; redshirt burned.
  • RB Austin Jones carried the ball twice for two yards; would love to see him get more work. He has played in all five games this season; redshirt burned.
  • Brock Jones, a former walk-on, played in his fourth game on ST, and did not record a tackle.
  • Spencer Jorgensen, a walk-on, played in his third game on ST, and did not record a tackle.
  • CB Kyu Blu Kelly started at CB for the second week, recording four tackles. He has played in all five games this season; redshirt burned.
  • Jonathan McGill played on defense as the starting NB for the second straight week. He had a great all around game; 11 tackles, a TFL, and a PBU; part of the inflated number of tackles, however, is due to linebackers not making them. Jonathan has played in all five games this season; redshirt burned.
  • OT Barrett Miller played in his fourth game of the season, starting at LG in place of Devery Hamilton, making an all-frosh left side.
  • RB Nathaniel Peat carried the ball once for five yards. He played in his fifth game; redshirt burned.
  • OT Walter Rouse started at LT for the fourth time. He has played in all five games this season; redshirt burned.
  • Ryan Sanborn, a former walk-on, had a great game. He's played in every contest; redshirt burned.
Notes...
  • I have moved the seven frosh whose redshirts were burned in the game against OSU to the "first year" eligibility column.
  • I have also added "+" to note the number of games played by previous shirt burns who have not yet used a year of eligibility this year, and thus may regain their redshirt, though it will likely not matter in the case of Walker Little.
  • It is incredible that it looks like we are burning 10 redshirts this year. That's more than the last two years combined. Though this is partially because of skill level (in the case of the RBs, I think) and because of patterns (we usually play one true frosh WR and CB), it is mostly because we have under-recruited at nearly every position, leaving gaping holes, especially with injuries.
-m.
M*A*S*H Unit. The following players did not appear against the Huskies due to injury.
  • Quarterback
    • KJ Costello, sr. Three games missed.
  • Running Back
    • Trevor Speights, sr. Six games missed.
    • Justus Woods, so. Six games missed.
  • Wide Receiver
    • Donald Stewart, sr. Six games missed.
  • Tackle
    • Walker Little, jr. Five games missed.
    • Grant Pease, so. Six games missed.
  • Guard
    • Devery Hamilton, sr. Two games missed.
    • Dylan Powell, sr. Six games missed.
    • Branson Bragg, fr. Three games missed.
    • Trey Stratford, so. Six games missed.
  • Outside Linebacker
    • Jordan Fox, sr. One game missed.
  • Inside Linebacker
    • Ricky Miezan, so. Four games missed.
    • JMF, so. Four games missed.
  • Cornerback
    • Ethan Bonner, so. Six games missed.
    • Treyjohn Butler, sr. Six games missed.
Other notes...
  • Past injuries
    • S Stuart Head, jr., missed four games.
    • DT Bo Peek, sr. missed one game.
    • OT Foster Sarell, jr. missed one game.
  • Henry Hattis, sr., was injured and is out for the season. We now have as many injured OL as healthy OL. I really feel for Henry. He worked his tail off for two years; he played in one game as a sophomore. He then came up of immense proportions last year, going from a backup to a central cog in the bowl game to a starter this year, and playing out of position. A guy that gave his heart and body to the team. I hope that he heals up well. It does bring up an interesting question: if he does come back next year, does he start over one of the frosh that will have ensconced themselves?
  • QB Davis Mills, jr., is out for the UCLA game, per BobK. He came out of the game vs. the Huskies and was checked out, then went back in. Then he came out for good. No idea what the injury is. This dude sure has a hard time staying healthy.
  • ILB Curtis Robinson, sr., is questionable for the UCLA game. He got injured in practice during the bye.
  • OLB Tobe Umerah, so. is out for the UCLA game. He apparently got injured in the UW game.
(10-11-2019, 11:33 PM)Langdude Wrote: [ -> ]
  • Henry Hattis, sr., was injured and is out for the season. We now have as many injured OL as healthy OL. I really feel for Henry. He worked his tail off for two years; he played in one game as a sophomore. He then came up of immense proportions last year, going from a backup to a central cog in the bowl game to a starter this year, and playing out of position. A guy that gave his heart and body to the team. I hope that he heals up well. It does bring up an interesting question: if he does come back next year, does he start over one of the frosh that will have ensconced themselves?

It is indeed an interesting question, but with an obvious answer: yes.
Frosh Force. Eleven true freshmen played against the Huskies. Of these eleven, two crossed the threshold of officially using a year of eligibility, bringing the season total to nine.
  • WR Elijah Higgins played on ST and on offense; he did not record a reception or tackle. He has played in all six games this season.
  • OG Jake Hornibrook played in his first game of the season when he came in to play RG in place of an injured Henry Hattis. Believe it or not, I may have been more excited about Jake than any other OL last recruiting season. His film seemed to show a player who was physical and had an attitude. It was amazing to see Stanford run behind him in his first collegiate game-time experience, and he did not disappoint. Congratulations, Jake!
  • RB Austin Jones carried the ball twice for no yards gained, and had one reception for five yards. Did not see the field much because Cam Scarlett was bringing it. Austin has played in all six games this season.
  • Brock Jones, a former walk-on, played in his fifth game on ST, and did not record a tackle; redshirt burned.
  • Spencer Jorgensen, a walk-on, played in his fourth game on ST, and did not record a tackle.
  • CB Kyu Blu Kelly started at CB for the third week, recording two PBUs and a sweet interception. He has played in all six games this season.
  • Jonathan McGill played on defense as the starting NB for the third straight week. He had one tackle. He has played in all six games this season.
  • OT Barrett Miller played in his fifth game of the season, starting at LG; redshirt burned.
  • RB Nathaniel Peat did not record a carry or reception. He played in his sixth game of the season.
  • OT Walter Rouse started at LT for the fifth time. He has played in all six games this season.
  • Ryan Sanborn, a former walk-on, had four punts for a 36.5 yard average, with one 50+ yard punt, 3 downed inside the opponent's 20, and one touchback. He's played in all six games.
Notes...
  • Added Tobe Umerah to the walking wounded.
  • Switched two more freshmen over to the first-year eligibility column and adjusted totals.
  • All starters and injured notations should be up to date, as well as shirt burns and redshirt games played. Let me know if I am off on anything.
Bench Bunch. The following non-injured non-frosh scholarship players did not appear against the Huskies.
  • Quarterback
    • Jack Richardson, sr.
  • Defensive Tackle
    • Bo Peek, sr.
  • Outside Linebacker
    • Andres Fox, so.
    • Caleb Kelly, so.
  • Cornerback
    • Donjae Logan, so.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17