The CardBoard

Full Version: Softball-vs Utah
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Stanford coming to the plate in bottom of first. Card and Utes 0-0.
Stanford taking a 1-0 lead into the T5. Hannah Howell getting the Card the lead
as she was robbed of a base hit, but the fielder's choice still delivered the run
for the Cardinal.
Ugh, misread it. Utah scored 2 in the top of the sixth.

BC
(04-12-2019, 08:03 PM)d4cohn Wrote: [ -> ]Stanford taking a 1-0 lead into the T5. Hannah Howell getting the Card the lead
as she was robbed of a base hit, but the fielder's choice still delivered the run
for the Cardinal.

Carolyn makes her first mistake, and Utah makes the Cardinal pay. Rise ball
up in the zone is crushed to right center for 2 run HR, and Utah now leads 2-1.
2-1 is your final.  Too bad.

BC
A poor night at the plate, coupled with a generous strike-zone for Utah, dooms Stanford
in Game #1 against the Utes. This loss is particularly costly, as that is a second
sub #100 RPI home loss, and third sub #100 RPI loss on the season for Stanford.

And with a very difficult schedule after this series, the Card will have added pressure
to win the final two.

Stanford's hopes of hosting a regional are also probably all but over after tonight.
Last night Oregon beat UCLA. Amazing.
(04-13-2019, 09:35 AM)BobK Wrote: [ -> ]Last night Oregon beat UCLA.  Amazing.

This was big Bob, since we already have a series win over them. 
This will mitigate significantly any drop in the RPI/Massey rankings
from losing to a sub-100 team like Utah.

To wit, we only fell to #27 in Massey after last night's game.

Oregon is all the way up to #41 in Massey.
Stanford and Utah scoreless through 1/2 an inning in the first of two
incredibly critical contests to end this series. Card coming to the plate
for first time today.

(04-13-2019, 03:05 PM)d4cohn Wrote: [ -> ]Stanford and Utah scoreless through 1/2 an inning in the first of two
incredibly critical contests to end this series. Card coming to the plate
for first time today.

Stanford off to a so much better start today. Kristina Inouye and Montana Dixon
go back-to-back jacks to left field as Card take a 2-0 lead to T2.
Card and Utes trade pairs of runs, giving Cardinal a 4-2 lead in T5.
(04-13-2019, 04:04 PM)d4cohn Wrote: [ -> ]Card and Utes trade pairs of runs, giving Cardinal a 4-2 lead in T5.

Senior Molly Fowkes delivers two more runs for Stanford (one courtesy of error) to give Cardinal a 4 run lead
heading into T7.

Stanford dispatches Utah in Game #2 to win 6-3. Card improves to 29-7 on the season,
and 6-2 in Pac-12 play. Critical contest tomorrow to decide the series.
More PAC-12 TV grumbles:  The PAC-12.com schedule still shows that Friday's Utah@Stanford SB game was to air at 4:30AM Saturday on the national channel.  But my recording of that time slot shows one of the many repeats of the same program over and over and over and over again.  There was no announcement or ticker to say why or even that the scheduled program was not being shown.

I'm in the process of cutting the cable cord.  I see no reason to pay for PAC-12 TV during at least half the year as they have little original programming for that long.
(04-13-2019, 06:38 PM)M T Wrote: [ -> ]More PAC-12 TV grumbles:  The PAC-12.com schedule still shows that Friday's Utah@Stanford SB game was to air at 4:30AM Saturday on the national channel.  But my recording of that time slot shows one of the many repeats of the same program over and over and over and over again.  There was no announcement or ticker to say why or even that the scheduled program was not being shown.

I'm in the process of cutting the cable cord.  I see no reason to pay for PAC-12 TV during at least half the year as they have little original programming for that long.

I’ve have purchased Sling TV which carries all the Pac 12 games and you can just pay for the months during the season. Cancel anytime

(04-13-2019, 06:38 PM)M T Wrote: [ -> ]More PAC-12 TV grumbles:  The PAC-12.com schedule still shows that Friday's Utah@Stanford SB game was to air at 4:30AM Saturday on the national channel.  But my recording of that time slot shows one of the many repeats of the same program over and over and over and over again.  There was no announcement or ticker to say why or even that the scheduled program was not being shown.

I’ve have purchased Sling TV which carries all the Pac 12 games and you can just pay for the months during the season. Cancel anytime
Game #3 underway from the Farm.
(04-14-2019, 12:09 PM)d4cohn Wrote: [ -> ]Game #3 underway from the Farm.

Stanford breaks Game #3 crucially wide open. Stanford sends 10 to the plate,
scoring six as Whitney Burks, Kristina Inouye and Taylor Gindleberger all plate
a pair. 

Cardinal lead 6-0 heading to T3.
6-0 Card after 2

Worst home plate umpire ever. I’m watching on tv but his strike zone is terrible. Not helping either team. Add the hit by pitch not allowed.
(04-14-2019, 12:59 PM)BobK Wrote: [ -> ]6-0 Card after 2

Worst home plate umpire ever.   I’m watching on tv but his strike zone is terrible.  Not helping either team.    Add the hit by pitch not allowed.

We frankly lost Friday's game because of the strike-zone. That was way worse than even today. Coaches commenting
about how they have never seen a strike-zone that wide all year.
Utah has cut into the margin, but Stanford takes a 6-2 lead into the B6.

(04-14-2019, 01:45 PM)d4cohn Wrote: [ -> ]Utah has cut into the margin, but Stanford takes a 6-2 lead into the B6.

And Stanford wins its fourth consecutive Pac-12 series (who would have thought I would be typing those
words this time last year, or in prior years). Stanford gets its 30th win on the season, and improves
to 7-2 in Pac-12. Although the remaining road will be very difficult, the Cardinal are now officially
closing in on an NCAA Tournament berth. A couple of more wins over the final 13 games should be
enough to lock up Stanford's return to the postseason for the first time in six years.

Cardinal off to best start since 2010, when the Card hosted a regional. Maybe, with UCLA perhaps looking
more vulnerable than previously expected, along with Washington, the dream of hosting a regional is not 
done just yet? 

However, up next, by far the most difficult series of the season, against Arizona at Hillenbrand, await the 
Cardinal.
Winning more than 3 of the last 13 would be wonderful. It gets extremely difficult now.
But what a year

We have just 4 Srs. Our best pitcher and our 1B and 2 OF subs. Good class coming in and 4 are pitchers.
Thoughts on if we have a chance of taking one from AZ this weekend?
Pages: 1 2