The CardBoard

Full Version: Week 0
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I haven't been watching, but UH (Hawaii) is leading UA 14-7 with 14+ left in 2Q.
A tad surprised, though not unhappy.
Hawai'i outgaining on yards per play too. 

Meanwhile for all the rhetoric about letting Tate run more, only 3 carries for 19 yards.
Yeah, I don’t know much about Hawaii but they’ve scored 35 points in less than three quarters and the Arizona defense has given up 350 yards  and four touchdowns passing.

I’m thinking Costello is excited for this game.

BC

Don’t look now, but Arizona has narrowed it to a TD 35-28.

BC
Just tuned in and I wonder which game you guys are watching.  Hawaii is somehow ahead, but looks terrible and it seems like it's only a matter of time before AZ wins 70-35.

Edit: Hah! just when I post, Hawaii puts in a new QB and he gets it done for them, then Tate throws a pick in the end zone.
35-35 and 6 turnovers for UH. Entertaining, I guess!
Tied at 35.

BC
Hawaii wins 45-38.  Not a good start for the PAC-12.

BC
Heck of an ending.  Arizona loses 45-38. Khalil Tate scrambled for a long gain on the last play but got stopped one yard from the end zone with no time left on the clock.
(08-24-2019, 11:29 PM)CompSci87 Wrote: [ -> ]Heck of an ending.  Arizona loses 45-38. Khalil Tate scrambled for a long gain on the last play but got stopped one yard from the end zone with no time left on the clock.

Yes. Not sure about the whole game (which I watched most of), but the last play was very entertaining.
I saw nothing of Arizona at Hawaii, but watched all of Miami at Florida in Orlando. Never seen so much play-action passing. It’s almost like word has gotten about out how effective play action passing is in coaching circles.

Really odd to see Florida rack up 10 sacks, and still need a couple Miami ST gaffes to win. Florida secondary tackling was heinous, something we need to watch. The programs that have dedicated practice time to tackling may be the ones who do the winning. You can’t count on 10 sacks per game to win them.