The CardBoard

Full Version: Week 3 Predictions Thread
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
"But, these little set-backs are just what we need to take a giant step forward. Right, Kent?" -- Chris Knight "Real Genius"
This won't be what I post, because I'm going to go with my heart. But my head tells me we are looking at a bad result. UCF is good, the game is in Florida, they will be hungry to beat a Power-5 team with some reputation. I wouldn't be surprised if it is 30+ for UCF to <20 for us.

But my heart wants different.

BC
I can't pick against our boys so I'm predicting a one-point victory
(09-10-2019, 04:59 AM)winflop Wrote: [ -> ]I can't pick against our boys so I'm predicting a one-point victory

That's a victory in your heart.
Not feeling good at all. . . .

Disappointingly for UCF, if we had won last Saturday, I bet GameDay would have been in Orlando. Anyway, the place will be rocking, I just don't think we'll have enough or be ready. Been worried about this one since it was announced . . . .
I agree. This really doesn't feel good. The last few years have really ground down my positive outlook with all the injuries, medical retirements and early departures. I am certain that the players themselves believe they can prevail. Ultimately, I will do what I can to reinforce their confidence and determination. One of Colin Powell's daily affirmations is "Optimism is a force multiplier". I like that. Go Cardinal!!!!
(09-10-2019, 07:23 AM)CornFed Wrote: [ -> ]I agree. This really doesn't feel good. The last few years have really ground down my positive outlook with all the injuries, medical retirements and early departures. I am certain that the players themselves believe they can prevail. Ultimately, I will do what I can to reinforce their confidence and determination. One of Colin Powell's daily affirmations is "Optimism is a force multiplier". I like that. Go Cardinal!!!!

Then there's this too. "It's never come easy for me. I don't think my mind allows me to rest ever. I have, I think, a chip on my shoulder, and some deep scars that I don't think were healed." Tom Brady

And this: "Don't live with a chip on your shoulder. Live with one on each." Minh Tan (whoever that is)
Well if the team wants bulletin board material, they can get it from the fact that a fan site is predicting a 2 point loss.

BC
[Image: sssapppanders-500x500-crop.png] 27
[Image: ECvf-X_XsAAc4q5.jpg]24
7 point ‘dogs
(09-10-2019, 10:15 AM)BostonCard Wrote: [ -> ]Well if the team wants bulletin board material, they can get it from the fact that a fan site is predicting a 2 point loss.

BC

Or 35 point margin of defeats.
With Little out and Sarell doubtful. . . .

When was the last time a player listed as "doubtful" actually played? Hell, when was the last time a player listed as "questionable" played?

BC
(09-10-2019, 01:02 PM)BostonCard Wrote: [ -> ]When was the last time a player listed as "doubtful" actually played? Hell, when was the last time a player listed as "questionable" played?

BC

During the Wlat and Teevens years, we had a lot of questionable players play.
Does the prediction software have a way of discounting clearly unrealistic predictions made just to move the line? Asking...for a friend.
(09-10-2019, 03:05 PM)French Rage Wrote: [ -> ]Does the prediction software have a way of discounting clearly unrealistic predictions made just to move the line? Asking...for a friend.

Your “friend” can enter a more realistic prediction. George can correct me if I am wrong, but I think it takes the last entry anyone puts in.

BC
Vegas says the knights are 6.5 point favorites with an over/under of 58. That would suggest a 32-26 score (32.25 - 25.75 to be precise).

Can we hold UCF to 33 points? Can we score 26?

If I were a dispassionate bettor I’d thane UCF and the over.

BC
(09-10-2019, 04:52 PM)BostonCard Wrote: [ -> ]Vegas says the knights are 6.5 point favorites with an over/under of 58. That would suggest a 32-26 score (32.25 - 25.75 to be precise).

Can we hold UCF to 33 points? Can we score 26?

If I were a dispassionate bettor I’d thane UCF and the over.

BC

Wow--it opened at a 7.5 spread. With injuries, one would have thunk it would go the other way.
(09-10-2019, 03:31 PM)BostonCard Wrote: [ -> ]
(09-10-2019, 03:05 PM)French Rage Wrote: [ -> ]Does the prediction software have a way of discounting clearly unrealistic predictions made just to move the line? Asking...for a friend.

Your “friend” can enter a more realistic prediction. George can correct me if I am wrong, but I think it takes the last entry anyone puts in.

BC

Your prediction can be updated as much as you want but it is only the one prediction. So if you make a big one to move the line, that impact will go away as soon as you update to your more "accurate" prediction.
By Sagarin ratings, UCF has played the 212th team in FL A&M, and the 81st team in FAU to average 55 points a game.
Unfortunately, Sagarin has UCF itself at 8th. EIGHTH. With a 16 game home winning streak. Stanford at 43rd after starting 1-1.
Our Cardinal need to get healthy, and losing both Tackles is a big blow for a tough road game, even with KJ back.
I don't see us running Power -- so let's THROW early and often. The WRs and Colby have played fine -- give em the ball.

But, the Hack-blade Kniights bring a bevy of skill players and D.Gabriel gets the QB start, not Wimbush (We beat Wimbush at NDAM).
Our Defense will be chasing quick RBs and decent WRs on a team where lots of players see the pigskin.
With the OLine below par... I go:
Trees-minus-a-few limbs 20
Hack-blades at home 31.

Unless we get 3 Turnovers and score on Defense, we could get down early.
Pages: 1 2 3