The CardBoard

Full Version: Pac-12 week 7
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Oregon beat Colorado 45-3.  Montez threw 4 interceptions.  Hey, we scored twice as much as Colorado and held Oregon to less than half as many points!

Since we have the week off, some interesting games to keep track of tomorrow:
WSU at ASU: interestingly, WSU is a 1 point favorite, despite being on the road at a ranked team.  Guess we get to see if it is the fat and lazy WSU players that were the problem, the now departed defensive coordinator, or if the pirate can right his ship.  Will be interesting to see if WSU has reverted to the early years of Leech (pass a ton, no defense or running game) or if the rough patch was just temporary
USC at ND: I'm rooting for the sweet meteor of death.
Washington at Arizona: UW is favored by 5.5 points.  The question is whether we beat an overrated team.  A win by Washington would give us some degree of confidence against Arizona later this year.  A loss would devalue the UW win, and increase the restlessness among Huskie fans
There's also Utah at Oregon State, but that doesn't seem very relevant or interesting.

BC
(10-11-2019, 11:20 PM)BostonCard Wrote: [ -> ]Oregon beat Colorado 45-3.  Montez threw 4 interceptions.  Hey, we scored twice as much as Colorado and held Oregon to less than half as many points!

Since we have the week off, some interesting games to keep track of tomorrow:
WSU at ASU: interestingly, WSU is a 1 point favorite, despite being on the road at a ranked team.  Guess we get to see if it is the fat and lazy WSU players that were the problem, the now departed defensive coordinator, or if the pirate can right his ship.  Will be interesting to see if WSU has reverted to the early years of Leech (pass a ton, no defense or running game) or if the rough patch was just temporary
USC at ND: I'm rooting for the sweet meteor of death.
Washington at Arizona: UW is favored by 5.5 points.  The question is whether we beat an overrated team.  A win by Washington would give us some degree of confidence against Arizona later this year.  A loss would devalue the UW win, and increase the restlessness among Huskie fans
There's also Utah at Oregon State, but that doesn't seem very relevant or interesting.

BC

The incredible fact about Oregon's team this year is the stellar play of its defense.  The Ducks gave up 27 points in their season-opening loss to Auburn, but in the following five games have only given up 25 points total (yes, 5 points per game on average).  That is a different Oregon from what we have been used to in years past.  

We held them to 21, which is four more points than their lowest offensive output this year against the Bears and tied with their point total vs. Auburn.  If we had been able to muster any kind of offense during that game, it might have been a much closer contest.  But, yeah, Oregon is not allowing teams to put up many points this year.

As for the Dawgs, yes, it will be interesting to see what caliber of team Petersen's squad really is.
The Huskies play much, much better in the friendly confines of Husky Stadium than they do on the road. While I realize most teams play better at home, this is particularly true for Washington. The Kal game was an outlier because the weather delays had caused most of the fans to go home.
It wouldn't surprise me a bit if they beat the Ducks at home.
Luton makes OSU interesting.
(10-12-2019, 04:30 AM)Phogge Wrote: [ -> ]Luton makes OSU interesting.

Yeah, the Beavs took us down to the wire and beat UCLA convincingly in Lala land. It will be interesting to see how they do against one of the better teams in the conference.
Of note: Colorado had the nation's #8 ranked S&P+ offense. Oregon's D is terrifying.
Was making an oblique reference to this thread...

https://thecardboard.org/board/showthread.php?tid=18182

Maybe not quite as pathetic as we thought.

BC
He is very good. 

(10-12-2019, 04:30 AM)Phogge Wrote: [ -> ]Luton makes OSU interesting.
So far WSU is beating ASU handily.

BC

By the way, USC will get Slovaks back against the Domers.

BC
(10-12-2019, 01:38 PM)BostonCard Wrote: [ -> ]So far WSU is beating ASU handily.

BC

BC

But with only 3 yards rushing.  A 7 point lead is nothing for the Cougs.  They couldn't hold on to a 32 point lead against the worst team in the Pac 12
(10-12-2019, 01:38 PM)BostonCard Wrote: [ -> ]So far WSU is beating ASU handily.

BC

BC

17-14 Cougs with a buck 55 to go in the first half.  Wazzu moving the ball well, but some big chunk plays by ASU have cost them.  Game wide open at this point.

Anthony Gordon is clearly not Gardner Minshew II.

17-17 ASU-WSU at the half.
Wazzu's defense still looks pretty poor, even after the coordinator change. 24-24 late 3rd.
WSU vs. ASU coming down to who wins the last 11 minutes and change, all knotted at 31-31.  Entertaining game.
34-31 WSU with 2+ min left.  ASU has the ball near midfield.  Anyone want to bet on the Cougar defense? (Watch the seal the game with a turnover)

BC

38-34. Did ASU score too soon?  WSU has 34 seconds left.

BC
ASU scores with 34 seconds to play.  Could be game.  Let's see.  38-34 ASU.
And the cougs coug it again.

38-34 is your final, and WSU is 0-3 in the PAC-12.

BC
(10-12-2019, 04:03 PM)BostonCard Wrote: [ -> ]And the cougs coug it again.

BC
Indeed.  Great comeback by the Sun Devils.  Herm Edwards is a likable dude.  0-3 for Wazzu.  Who would have predicted that entering conference play?
I can’t believe I’m saying this, but between the Domers and Trojans, if they can’t be swallowed by the ground, I think it would be better for us if USC won.  First I’d rather not face Notre Dame with a chance for them to go to the Playoffs.  Secondly, a win might preserve Clay Heltons job. Go... uh... Trojans?

BC

Notre dame had a delay of game.  Just sayin’

BC
There was a lot os snickering when ASU hired Edwards. Not so much now.  And I’m always happy to see Leach lose. The more painful the loss, the better.
(10-12-2019, 04:03 PM)BostonCard Wrote: [ -> ]And the cougs coug it again.

BC

Wazzu's QB, Gordon, was 44-64.  They only ran the ball 9 times.  Borghi should have come to Stanford.
Pages: 1 2