The CardBoard

Full Version: Terry staying in the draft
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Not surprised, but still disappointed (personally/selfishly).  Hope this works out best for him in the end.

Stanford's first ever one-and-done. Congrats and good luck to Ty!
We might not even have a college basketball season.  This was the right call for him.  Best of luck, and come back to finish your degree later!
The right call given that the NBA has done well with the bubble THIS year.

Plus hasn't Haase recruited a replacement?
Might end up being the lesser of two bad choices given that there may not be a college basketball season, but I can't help but continue to believe that Terry is undersized and lacks the ball control skills to succeed in the NBA. I will be surprised if he's on an opening day roster next season.
Very disappointed, but not surprised with all the doubt with the upcoming season. TBD if it turns out to be the right choice for TT in the long run (1st round draft? On opening day roster? On opening day roster in 2021-22 season?).

I hope he proves the doubters, including myself, wrong.
Daejon Davis probably moves back to PG with frosh Michael O'Connell as the backup, at least until Isael Silva joins next year.

O'Connell was a Maryland lacrosse commit whom Haase pried away after Terry declared for the draft https://basketballrecruiting.rivals.com/...-o-connell
(07-31-2020, 01:17 PM)SamuelMcF Wrote: [ -> ]Stanford's first ever one-and-done. Congrats and good luck to Ty!
since McEnroe?  or just for hoops?
(07-31-2020, 06:26 PM)slide Wrote: [ -> ]
(07-31-2020, 01:17 PM)SamuelMcF Wrote: [ -> ]Stanford's first ever one-and-done. Congrats and good luck to Ty!

I assume the reference was to basketball, but Mickey Wright was also an important one-and-done.

McEnroe is not the only tennis one-and-done, e.g. David Wheaton.
Anna Ivan women's tennis one and done also?  

Minneapolis TV full of clips about TT today . . . so a bit of good publicity for Stanford on this.
Mark Pitchford one and done. Great shooter late 70s. Bad back ended his career after one year.
(07-31-2020, 06:26 PM)slide Wrote: [ -> ]

The only tennis match I’ve ever been to was McEnroe when with Stanford at Cal.  In Harmon.  Don’t remember who he played. (Larry Stefanki perhaps). I do remember McEnroe screaming a lot....
Wasn't Reese Witherspoon a "one and done"?
(08-01-2020, 01:28 PM)terry Wrote: [ -> ]Wasn't Reese Witherspoon a "one and done"?

That's a good one.

Elon Musk, two days and done?
Josh Rosen, no days.
(07-31-2020, 05:33 PM)Spiny_Norman Wrote: [ -> ]Daejon Davis probably moves back to PG

I hope not. Davis is not a good enough ball-handler to run the point and I think it takes away from his offensive abilities. But might not have a better alternative, which would be a shame with the strength of the roster.
Almost certainly Davis.
(08-01-2020, 09:22 PM)Phogge Wrote: [ -> ]Josh Rosen, no days.

John F. Kennedy, summer days.
Dishonorable mention to Elizabeth Holmes, also a one-and-done.  In another sense, a none-and-done...
Actually the school year 1940-41. JFK took a class with my mom. Came once only but I gather than was the plan