The CardBoard

Full Version: WBB entering class 2021
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Bob deleted the high school class of 2021 recruits from the recruiting thread after they signed, so let's have a new thread for posts about them.

Elena Bosgana (Athens, Greece/American Community School of Athens)
Brooke Demetre (Foothill Ranch, Calif./Mater Dei)
Jzaniya Harriel  (Sacramento, Calif./Antelope)
Kiki Iriafen (Porter Ranch, Calif./Harvard-Westlake) 

https://gostanford.com/news/2020/11/11/w...g-day.aspx
Hope you don't mind I fixed the formatting.

BC
(11-20-2020, 08:11 PM)BostonCard Wrote: [ -> ]Hope you don't mind I fixed the formatting.

BC
I was working on fixing it myself. Whatever happened, apparently it is fixed now. :-)
Sacramento County’s top women’s basketball player gets into top university: Jzaniya Harriel

https://www.kcra.com/article/sacramento-...y/34735106
I don't think this has been posted here before. 

You can't tell much about basketball from these short introductory remarks, but as we might expect, they all sound like absolutely terrific young people that should fit really well at Stanford.
(11-21-2020, 12:34 PM)81alum Wrote: [ -> ]You can't tell much about basketball from these short introductory remarks, but as we might expect, they all sound like absolutely terrific young people that should fit really well at Stanford.

I learned how to pronounce Jzaniya. That had been worrying me since she first showed up on Bob's recruiting list!
(11-20-2020, 08:30 PM)CompSci87 Wrote: [ -> ]I don't think this has been posted here before. 

What kinda bums me out about those clips:

1.  they are recent (you can see some masks worn by spectators) - but perhaps not super-recent, given recent surge in cases;

2.  the games are being played up in Rocklin, I'm almost certain; and 

3.  my kids regularly played in tournaments in that place but have not done so in ages (for obvious reasons).  I really wish our girl's coach was more open to competing with his team, because it would have been a lot of fun for them (and for the spectators) - and competition is good.  I will say from a safety standpoint, the Jam On It Reno Tourney - scaled back in courts used, but still at monstrous Convention Center - strikes me as a safer environment than those Rocklin courts.
This is at the Roseville Rocklin border.
I don’t believe it was this year because travel tournaments in this area were cancelled. But maybe got one in 6 months ago
Big travel tournament for girls going on in Texas. Another in Arizona not sure what gender
I sure miss going. This is the place where I saw Demetre play a year abd tei years ago.
(11-21-2020, 04:36 PM)BobK Wrote: [ -> ]This is at the Roseville Rocklin border.
I don’t believe it was this year because travel tournaments in this area were cancelled. But maybe got one in 6 months ago
Big travel tournament for girls going on in Texas.  Another in Arizona not sure what gender
I sure miss going.  This is the place where I saw Demetre play a year abd tei years ago.

Bob, they have been playing tourneys at the place in Rocklin/Roseville.  Not every weekend, like they used to, but definitely some.
And how can you say this isn't recent?  Some of the players (not just spectators) are wearing masks.
(11-21-2020, 01:34 PM)CompSci87 Wrote: [ -> ]
(11-21-2020, 12:34 PM)81alum Wrote: [ -> ]You can't tell much about basketball from these short introductory remarks, but as we might expect, they all sound like absolutely terrific young people that should fit really well at Stanford.

I learned how to pronounce Jzaniya. That had been worrying me since she first showed up on Bob's recruiting list!

The "z" is silent.

BC
Lots of boys tournaments yes girls well none scheduled and given Harriel’s coach’s comments still don’t think any recent. April May could be. Masks then. Also

But next time you are here for a tournament holler I’m just 8 miles away
Post pandemic
The NCAA should postpone the season until February.
(11-21-2020, 06:28 PM)Phogge Wrote: [ -> ]The NCAA should postpone the season until February.

I agree, though I wouldn't necessarily set a date.  Just postpone it until the pandemic wanes (or a vaccine is available).

BC
(11-21-2020, 06:28 PM)Phogge Wrote: [ -> ]The NCAA should postpone the season until February.

I, honestly, would love to hear your reasons.  I’m all about protecting people and the spread of this virus, but regardless of whether they start now or in a few months, they will still be practicing and near each other.  One scenario just has two teams, but either way they will be practicing and in contact with each other.
Pages: 1 2