The CardBoard

Full Version: The Pac 12's Best Players
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

ESPN (meaning some reporter) named their midseason All Pac 12 team.  And we’ve pretty much seen the whole team in defense, 

Four Huskies named, as expected: Marcus Peters at corner, the unreal Shaq Richardson at LB (four TDs already this season), and Kikaha and Shelton upfront. 

We’ve also seen the last of the two SC picks, DE Leonard Williams—a likely top five draft pick—and CB Su’a Cravens. 

We don’t face off against Arizona LB Scooby Davis and our own first team pick, Jordan Richards. 

So the only first teamers will will face in our final six games are a Utah DE, UCLA LB Eric Kendricks, and the  reporter's one reluctant choic, Oregon CB Ife Ekpre-Olumu, who’s been beaten badly a few times this season, perhaps in the midst of his just-stay-healthy coast to the draft.

Four other players got serious consideration for the first team defense, but we don’t face any of them.  That's largely because three of them—Tarpley, Parry, and Henry Anderson—play for us. The fourth is a DB for Arizona.

Of added interest:  All four of the Huskies will be gone after this season, assuming that the lone guy with remaining eligibility, Richardson, declares.  I’ve read that all four Husky defenders could go in the first two rounds.

The Pac-12 Offense:

QB Marcus Mariota, Oregon
RB  Javorius Allen, USC
RB  Paul Perkins, UCLA
TE  Pharaoh Brown, Oregon
WR Nelson Spruce, Colorado
WR Vince Mayle, Washington State
OT Andrus Peat, Stanford
OT Jake Fisher, Oregon
OG Jamil Douglas, Arizona State
OG  Mickey Baucus, Arizona
C  Hroniss Grasu, Oregon

ASU WR Jaelen Strong and RB D.J. Foster were listed among the ten “also considered” offensive players.  Ty Montgomery was not among them.

The reporter also opined it was a weak year for Pac-12 offensive linemen, other than the two tackles and Grasu.  The reporter named no other "also considereds" to the OL other than his five "starters."
(10-17-2014, 01:45 PM)Hulk01 link Wrote:We’ve also seen the last of the two SC picks, DE Leonard Williams—a likely top five draft pick—and CB Su’a Cravens. 

I sure hope not.  December 5th, my friend.
And no question that I'm certainly not impartial, but I would without any doubt put Devonte Booker ahead of Perkins.
I think Peat is in on reputation, not performance, unless the other OTs in the conference aren't very good.
(10-17-2014, 01:45 PM)Hulk01 link Wrote:Four Huskies named, as expected: Marcus Peters at corner, the unreal Shaq Richardson at LB (four TDs already this season), and Kikaha and Shelton upfront. 

I assume you meant Shaq Thompson.  And better he be at UW than at Cal, where he had originally committed.

BC