The CardBoard

Full Version: How do I ...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
This thread will contain tips and tricks for using the CardBoard.
The board has two places to log in, the quick login at the upper right of each page and the dedicated login page. To log in permanently or for a period of time you specify, go to the dedicated login page by selecting the login link on the main menu or in the upper right. Type in your user name and password and either select the "keep my logged in" box or type in the duration of time you want to stay logged in.
Well, it's kind of convoluted, but you go to your own profile, then select Modify profile > Buddies/Ignore lists > Edit ignore list, and type in the member's user name.

How does one choose to be invisible?  A more difficult question to answer perhaps would be:  can you speculate on the reasons someone would feel the need to be invisible?
(08-12-2018, 09:35 AM)CornFed Wrote: [ -> ]How does one choose to be invisible?  A more difficult question to answer perhaps would be:  can you speculate on the reasons someone would feel the need to be invisible?

In the User CP, select Edit Options. At the very top of the page is an option to leave yourself off the "Who's Online?" list. The only reason I can think of for not showing yourself in the list is that you might think people are more likely to PM you if they see your handle. Perhaps, there are other reasons. We had the capability with the old software, as well.
(08-12-2018, 09:35 AM)CornFed Wrote: [ -> ]. . .  A more difficult question to answer perhaps would be:  can you speculate on the reasons someone would feel the need to be invisible?

So coach Shaw can get advice from the real experts.  ;•)
Some links such as to Youtube seem to be special in that content is displayed rather than just a link.  Can we specify that a link should just be a link?
I'm unable to figure out how to  add an attachment.  I'm trying to add a file named IMG_4188a.jpg of size 671KB.

I click Browse and choose a file (its name  is shown).  (If I Post Reply now, it isn't attached.)
I click Add Atachment, and the filename goes away, but I see nothing added. (If I Post Reply now, it isn't attached.)
I click Browse and choose a file (its name  is shown).  (If I Post Reply now, it isn't attached.)
[If I click on Preview Post, the filename goes away.)

What am I doing wrong?  (OSX, both Firefox  &  Safari)
(12-09-2018, 08:28 AM)M T Wrote: [ -> ]I'm unable to figure out how to  add an attachment.  I'm trying to add a file named IMG_4188a.jpg of size 671KB.

I click Add Atachment, and the filename goes away, but I see nothing added. (If I Post Reply now, it isn't attached.)
[If I click on Preview Post, the filename goes away.)

What am I doing wrong?  (OSX, both Firefox  &  Safari)

I remember a discussion about this feature being broken, but I don't remember what the outcome was -- if someone was going to try to fix it, or if they (thought they) did fix it... ??