The CardBoard
2019 Football schedule announced - Printable Version

+- The CardBoard (https://thecardboard.org/board)
+-- Forum: C-House! (https://thecardboard.org/board/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: The CARDboard (https://thecardboard.org/board/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Thread: 2019 Football schedule announced (/showthread.php?tid=16944)

Pages: 1 2 3

2019 Football schedule announced - Spiny_Norman - 12-04-2018

Stanford better be ready to go from day 1 in 2019. They start against the Big 10 runner up (home), USC (road) and then the school with the longest winning streak in the nation (in Orlando).

Good news - no Friday games! Stanford gets a week off in the middle of the season again in advance of a Thursday night home game vs. UCLA. And then a full bye week after game 8.

More good news - only 1 of the 7 home games will be played before the students arrive.

RE: 2019 Football schedule announced - stupac2 - 12-04-2018

Huh, when I checked FBS schedules for us earlier it said we were playing @KSU, not vs Northwestern. At any rate this is still a tough slate, we'll have a great idea of how good the team is after the first 3 games.

Also, anyone else kinda hoping that the Northwestern game is a late kickoff to get some bodyclock revenge on them after 2015?

RE: 2019 Football schedule announced - Spiny_Norman - 12-04-2018

(12-04-2018, 10:14 AM)stupac2 Wrote:  Huh, when I checked FBS schedules for us earlier it said we were playing @KSU, not vs Northwestern. At any rate this is still a tough slate, we'll have a great idea of how good the team is after the first 3 games.

Also, anyone else kinda hoping that the Northwestern game is a late kickoff to get some bodyclock revenge on them after 2015?

Stanford goes to Manhattan (Kansas) in 2021.

Yeah that site must have been wrong, or perhaps I misread (they are, after all, both purple wildcats).

RE: 2019 Football schedule announced - d4cohn - 12-04-2018

That @SC, @UCF double is going to be absolutely brutal. I will say, off the top, that we will probably be lucky to get a split.

RE: 2019 Football schedule announced - BostonCard - 12-04-2018

(12-04-2018, 10:24 AM)d4cohn Wrote:  That @SC, @UCF double is going to be absolutely brutal. I will say, off the top, that we will probably be lucky to get a split.

I am glad we get them early.  UCF's QB may still be out (his injury was absolutely brutal), and USC will be adjusting to its new coordinators, and Daniels will still be learning.  Still a horribly brutal way to start the year, and I agree we could easily be 0-3 (Northwestern is no gimme either) to start the season.  Starting 2-1 would be a tremendous job.

BC

Quick edit: It may not matter when we play UCF; Milton will be lucky to play football again, which is horribly sad.  He was at risk for losing his leg.

https://www.orlandosentinel.com/sports/open-mike/os-sp-ucf-mckenzie-milton-knee-surgery-nerve-damage-career-threatening-20181127-story.html

At times like this, the impact of his injury on his ability to play us early in the year seems secondary.  I wish him the best of luck in his recovery.

(12-04-2018, 10:34 AM)BostonCard Wrote:  
(12-04-2018, 10:24 AM)d4cohn Wrote:  That @SC, @UCF double is going to be absolutely brutal. I will say, off the top, that we will probably be lucky to get a split.

I am glad we get them early.  UCF's QB may still be out (his injury was absolutely brutal), and USC will be adjusting to its new coordinators, and Daniels will still be learning.  Still a horribly brutal way to start the year, and I agree we could easily be 0-3 (Northwestern is no gimme either) to start the season.  Starting 2-1 would be a tremendous job.

BC

Really good OC they will be adjusting to, with the news that just came out.

http://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/25451253/usc-trojans-hire-kliff-kingsbury-offensive-coordinator

The opening stretch just got that much tougher.

And yes, all the best wishes to McKenzie in his recovery, whether that ultimately includes football again or not.

RE: 2019 Football schedule announced - BostonCard - 12-04-2018

(12-04-2018, 10:38 AM)d4cohn Wrote:  
(12-04-2018, 10:34 AM)BostonCard Wrote:  

BC

Really good OC they will be adjusting to, with the news that just came out.

http://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/25451253/usc-trojans-hire-kliff-kingsbury-offensive-coordinator

The opening stretch just got that much tougher.

Agree, but I suspect there will be a bit of an adjustment to Kingsbury.  By 2020, Daniels has the potential to be scary.

BC

I think we can predict the choice for homecoming - October 26 vs. Arizona.

Also notable - for the first time since 2014, Stanford will NOT have to play UW and WSU back to back. That has been brutal the last 4 years.

RE: 2019 Football schedule announced - French Rage - 12-04-2018

- The opening 4 and closing 3 look tough.  The middle 5 still isn't a walk in the park, and includes UW.
- I wish the home games were a little more spread out.  We essentially open at home, have nothing for a month, then have 4 in the span of roughly a month, and the nothing for a month, then close with two at home.
- Never crazy about weekday games, but I guess we should be thankful for just one.

RE: 2019 Football schedule announced - donkey687 - 12-04-2018

I bet we are the only team in the country with 100% of their non-conference games next year against teams that are currently ranked. Looks brutal on paper, but 2 of those 3 at home, and in conference we miss Utah this year and replace with Colorado so that helps.

RE: 2019 Football schedule announced - 82lsju - 12-04-2018

(12-04-2018, 10:41 AM)Spiny_Norman Wrote:  I think we can predict the choice for homecoming - October 26 vs. Arizona.

Also notable - for the first time since 2014, Stanford will NOT have to play UW and WSU back to back. That has been brutal the last 4 years.

that is confirmed here

https://gostanford.com/news/2018/12/3/football-2019-schedule.aspx?utm_source=schedann&utm_medium=button_2018-12-04_1A2ARO&utm_campaign=football_season_otherp__stm

so who else thinks the UCF kick-off will be at noon ET (9am PT)????

RE: 2019 Football schedule announced - OutsiderFan - 12-04-2018

That schedule is BRUTAL.

Even aside from the quality of the teams, Orlando the first week of September.  Not only is it hot and humid that time of year, there could also be a hurricane that postpones a game. Then, at the end of the year, Colorado and WSU in November on the road back to back weeks could be really bad weather.

No team will have a tougher 4 games to open their season. David Shaw will have to be better than this year just to equal this year, and way better to get to conference title contention.

(12-04-2018, 11:00 AM)82lsju Wrote:  

Without fail. If you're UCF, why wouldn't you push for noon TV slot?

(12-04-2018, 11:09 AM)d4cohn Wrote:  
(12-04-2018, 11:00 AM)82lsju Wrote:  

Without fail. If you're UCF, why wouldn't you push for noon TV slot?

Uh, because that's probably the best Week 2 matchup in the country? The special neutral-site matchups are usually week 1, week 2 is often completely bereft of interesting games. Obviously this has to wait for the other conferences' schedules to come out, but I'd be shocked if that game wasn't a prime-time game.

RE: 2019 Football schedule announced - Vandelay - 12-04-2018

Brutal schedule.  Probably the most difficult in the country.  Good news is 7 home games.

(12-04-2018, 11:23 AM)stupac2 Wrote:  Uh, because that's probably the best Week 2 matchup in the country? The special neutral-site matchups are usually week 1, week 2 is often completely bereft of interesting games. Obviously this has to wait for the other conferences' schedules to come out, but I'd be shocked if that game wasn't a prime-time game.

Some other P12 games on September 14:
Texas Tech at Arizona
Arizona State at Michigan State
USC at BYU
Oklahoma at UCLA

But if UCF is still undefeated heading into the Stanford game, it could be more intriguing than anything else on the calendar that day. The networks will want a prime time game.

RE: 2019 Football schedule announced - Phogge - 12-04-2018

10-3 with Costello, 3-10 without him.

RE: 2019 Football schedule announced - magnus - 12-04-2018

(12-04-2018, 11:46 AM)Phogge Wrote:  10-3 with Costello, 3-10 without him.

You got an extra win or loss in the latter prediction.  Unless you're including the Sun Bowl.
(Hopefully one of our unproven talents will be ready to roll regardless)

RE: 2019 Football schedule announced - Phogge - 12-04-2018

No math at SF State. Plus speling errrors abound.

I did however like the meter in the line.