The CardBoard
Donald Stewart? - Printable Version

+- The CardBoard (https://thecardboard.org/board)
+-- Forum: C-House! (https://thecardboard.org/board/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: The CARDboard (https://thecardboard.org/board/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Thread: Donald Stewart? (/showthread.php?tid=16957)

Donald Stewart? - OutsiderFan - 12-06-2018

Does anyone know what has happened with Donald Stewart?  He is on the roster, but there is no mention of him playing in any game this season.  Is this a voluntary redshirt or was he injured and it wasn't widely reported or I missed it?

RE: Donald Stewart? - Langdude - 12-06-2018

He's played in three games.

I don't think he's injured. Either he was passed over for performance reasons, in which case he will not be asked back for a fifth year, or else he was intentionally redshirted, and he will be...

-m.

RE: Donald Stewart? - OutsiderFan - 12-06-2018

(12-06-2018, 09:02 AM)Langdude Wrote:  He's played in three games.

I don't think he's injured. Either he was passed over for performance reasons, in which case he will not be asked back for a fifth year, or else he was intentionally redshirted, and he will be...

-m.

This is only his third year at Stanford. Hard to imagine he wouldn't be asked back for his fourth year. If he's only played in 3 games, a Redshirt year must be happening, and we may see him in the Sun Bowl.

RE: Donald Stewart? - Langdude - 12-06-2018

(12-06-2018, 09:11 AM)OutsiderFan Wrote:  
(12-06-2018, 09:02 AM)Langdude Wrote:  He's played in three games.

-m.

This is only his third year at Stanford. Hard to imagine he wouldn't be asked back for his fourth year. If he's only played in 3 games, a Redshirt year must be happening, and we may see him in the Sun Bowl.

Right. I meant that he won't be asked back after next year if he's not a contributor, so getting a redshirt wouldn't matter anyway.

-m.

RE: Donald Stewart? - Phogge - 12-06-2018

Can he play safety?

RE: Donald Stewart? - SamuelMcF - 12-06-2018

(12-06-2018, 12:33 PM)Phogge Wrote:  Can he play safety?

Cmon Phogge, you know we don't recruit players who can play safety.

RE: Donald Stewart? - OutsiderFan - 12-06-2018

Well, Stewart does already have one thing going for him. He has jersey #8. The last two Stanford Safeties to wear that number both won Rose Bowls and are on NFL rosters, so...

RE: Donald Stewart? - Hank 91 - 12-06-2018

I think the main thing that happened to Stewart was Osiris St. Brown and Connor Wedington.

RE: Donald Stewart? - CTcard - 12-06-2018

(12-06-2018, 02:17 PM)Hank 91 Wrote:  I think the main thing that happened to Stewart was Osiris St. Brown and Connor Wedington.

I am not sure, but I don't think so. 

Neither of those two played enough to keep Stewart from even appearing in games. 
Wedington hasn't even been in many of the games that Stewart missed. 
I think the main reason for the complete absence of Stewart has been injury, perhaps followed by keeping the possibility of a redshirt. 

More broadly, Wilson seems to be the one who has moved the furthest up the depth chart. He has the third most catches among the WRs. I think he likely has the third most snaps, though haven't charted that.