The CardBoard
KJ To Return - Printable Version

+- The CardBoard (https://thecardboard.org/board)
+-- Forum: C-House! (https://thecardboard.org/board/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: The CARDboard (https://thecardboard.org/board/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Thread: KJ To Return (/showthread.php?tid=17147)

KJ To Return - Stanfan1 - 01-09-2019

[/url]
[url=https://twitter.com/kj_costello/status/1083179636589096960]

RE: KJ To Return - BostonCard - 01-09-2019

RE: KJ To Return - BostonCard - 01-09-2019

Free piece from the bootleg:

https://247sports.com/college/stanford/Article/KJ-Costello-Announces-His-Return-To-Stanford-For-2019-127613370/

BC

RE: KJ To Return - admin - 01-09-2019

We don't have the capability of embedding a tweet by simply pasting. If you want to embed a tweet, encase the link in square brackets 
Code:
[tweet]twitter link[/tweet]

RE: KJ To Return - Austroturf - 01-10-2019

(01-09-2019, 08:35 PM)BostonCard Wrote:  Free piece from the bootleg:

https://247sports.com/college/stanford/Article/KJ-Costello-Announces-His-Return-To-Stanford-For-2019-127613370/

BC
Good article.  Thanks for sharing.  This is excellent news all around.

RE: KJ To Return - martyup - 01-10-2019

[Image: tenor.gif]

RE: KJ To Return - ColoradoTree - 01-10-2019

I will confess that it hadn't even occurred to me that he might leave this year. (You folks probably discussed the possibility at length, but I must have just not clicked on those threads.) I know it's a weak QB class, and he could crush it at the combine, but he hasn't exactly shown he should be a 1st round pick yet. Not a knock on KJ; I think he had a very good year and could absolutely be in Round 1 conversations next year, even though the 2020 class is so much better than this year's. I just feel like he's got more improvement in front of him before he enters "it's worth it to leave before I've exhausted eligibility" territory. It's a much cleaner fit next year, as he will have completed four years here and presumably improved enough on the field that while he might not be seen as part of that top tier of QBs (Justin Herbert, Tua Tagovailoa, and Jake Fromm are the trio I usually hear about) before the 2019 season, he could play his way into it this fall or at least establish himself as still a first- or second-round guy. 

Now that I think on it, of course, there's a real argument for leaving this year. With a strong combine and Pro Day, and enough flashes on tape, it's possible he could go reasonably high. Just because it's a weaker QB class doesn't mean there aren't a bunch of QB-needy teams who will overdraft one, so he might have a better shot at the first round this year than he does next year.

RE: KJ To Return - Phogge - 01-10-2019

Who are we to question Shaw but I’ll do it anyway. Shaw should sit down the three QB’s and outline a plan to give Mills and West some snaps. Not garbage time either. SC should be a lot better with somebody like Brett Venables running their show in 2020 (for about seven milllion). It won’t be like Colorado for Hogan or SJS for Plunkett. Mills and West need meaningful snaps next year.

RE: KJ To Return - BostonCard - 01-10-2019

(01-10-2019, 04:57 PM)Phogge Wrote:  Who are we to question Shaw but I’ll do it anyway. Shaw should sit down the three QB’s and outline a plan to give Mills and West some snaps. Not garbage time either. SC should be a lot better with somebody like Brett Venables running their show in 2020 (for about seven milllion). It won’t be like Colorado for Hogan or SJS for Plunkett. Mills and West need meaningful snaps next year.

Don’t worry TC, if we make a bowl game, they’ll get to play the whole game.

BC

RE: KJ To Return - CTcard - 01-11-2019

(01-10-2019, 04:57 PM)Phogge Wrote:  Who are we to question Shaw but I’ll do it anyway.

Isn't that the entire reason for the existence of fan message boards?

(01-10-2019, 04:57 PM)Phogge Wrote:  Shaw should sit down the three QB’s and outline a plan to give Mills and West some snaps. Not garbage time either.

I am not sure if that is a good idea or not, but it rarely happens to any great extent - Shaw the coach or anyone.

I actually think Shaw has done so more than most.
In 2012 Hogan had some snaps in a package before he took over vs Colorado.
In 2016 Chryst had a regular rotation for Burns before he took over.
In 2017 that seemed to be the plan for Costello, but it got complicated by injuries.
Of course not all of those QB situations were met by universal approval on message boards.

(01-10-2019, 04:57 PM)Phogge Wrote:  SC should be a lot better with somebody like Brett Venables running their show in 2020 (for about seven milllion).

Every couple of years $C hires a new coach. Much moaning and hand wringing ensues that "this time is different, Coach X means U$C will be unbeatable now." Occasionally that has happened. Mostly not. 
[By my count, 8 of their last 9 head coach hires haven't turned out to be all that scary.]

(01-10-2019, 04:57 PM)Phogge Wrote:  It won’t be like Colorado for Hogan or SJS for Plunkett. Mills and West need meaningful snaps next year.

I thought we were scheduled to start 2020 against William and Mary. That would seem to be a manageable first game for a new QB.

(Though perhaps apologies are in order for taking the post too seriously.)

RE: KJ To Return - Mick - 01-11-2019

(01-11-2019, 10:17 AM)CTcard Wrote:  I thought we were scheduled to start 2020 against William and Mary. That would seem to be a manageable first game for a new QB.

I think both at once would be too difficult.  We should just limit ourselves to taking on Mary.

RE: KJ To Return - CTcard - 01-11-2019

(01-11-2019, 11:15 AM)Mick Wrote:  
(01-11-2019, 10:17 AM)CTcard Wrote:  I thought we were scheduled to start 2020 against William and Mary. That would seem to be a manageable first game for a new QB.

I think both at once would be too difficult.  We should just limit ourselves to taking on Mary.

Perhaps, but eleven on two still shouldn't be so bad.

RE: KJ To Return - Phogge - 01-11-2019

Mary died. William took over and he couldn’t even speak English.

RE: KJ To Return - BostonCard - 01-11-2019

Maybe start Mills against William and West against Mary?

BC

RE: KJ To Return - CowboyIndian - 01-11-2019

(01-11-2019, 11:15 AM)Mick Wrote:    We should just limit ourselves to taking on Mary.

We will do that for our last home game in November (Catholic school alert!)