The CardBoard
Niners v. Cowboys and tight end U. - Printable Version

+- The CardBoard (https://thecardboard.org/board)
+-- Forum: C-House! (https://thecardboard.org/board/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: The CARDboard (https://thecardboard.org/board/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Thread: Niners v. Cowboys and tight end U. (/showthread.php?tid=17918)

Niners v. Cowboys and tight end U. - Mick - 08-10-2019

Josh Garnett, Levine Toilolo, Kaden Smith, Richard Sherman and Solomon Thomas on the 49ers.  Cameron Fleming and Dalton Schultz for the Cowboys.  And 49er GM John Lynch talking at the beginning of the second quarter.

Toilolo had a nice, 9 yard catch and at least two solid blocks in the first quarter.

RE: Niners v. Cowboys and tight end U. - barrister7 - 08-11-2019

(08-10-2019, 06:54 PM)Mick Wrote:  Josh Garnett, Levine Toilolo, Kaden Smith, Richard Sherman and Solomon Thomas on the 49ers.  Cameron Fleming and Dalton Schultz for the Cowboys.  And 49er GM John Lynch talking at the beginning of the second quarter.

Toilolo had a nice, 9 yard catch and at least two solid blocks in the first quarter.

Interesting aspect was that 49ers did not suit up 31 players.  Cowboys were playing first string Oline against 5rd and 4th stringers on the D.
Coaching staff for 9ers do not believe in extended preseason or "practice" games.  Makes sense when yoou see the injuries that occur in these 
ganes that are put on only for the dollars for the owners.

Re the Stanford players, Garnett can not seem to get on the field for injuries.  I am really anxious to see how Solomon turns it around after his personal tragedy.  Ironic if Toiolo bumps Smith off the roster.

RE: Niners v. Cowboys and tight end U. - Mick - 08-11-2019

(08-11-2019, 11:49 AM)barrister7 Wrote:  
(08-10-2019, 06:54 PM)Mick Wrote:  Josh Garnett, Levine Toilolo, Kaden Smith, Richard Sherman and Solomon Thomas on the 49ers.  Cameron Fleming and Dalton Schultz for the Cowboys.  And 49er GM John Lynch talking at the beginning of the second quarter.

Interesting aspect was that 49ers did not suit up 31 players.  Cowboys were playing first string Oline against 5rd and 4th stringers on the D.
Coaching staff for 9ers do not believe in extended preseason or "practice" games.  Makes sense when yoou see the injuries that occur in these 
ganes that are put on only for the dollars for the owners.

Re the Stanford players, Garnett can not seem to get on the field for injuries.  I am really anxious to see how Solomon turns it around after his personal tragedy.  Ironic if Toiolo bumps Smith off the roster.

In reverse order...

Announcers seemed to think Toilolo would end up on the roster.
Tough for Garnett and his dislocated finger.  Hope he gets on.
Shanahan has said that he thinks there should only be two preseason games, one to shake off the rust and one to check out the new guys.  Anyone remember when there were SIX preseason games?  Yikes.
Shanahan also said there were four injuries during the game, but the announcers said the Niners were going full speed in training camp.
The announcers repeatedly mentioned that Cowboys were suiting up starters against the Niner second, third and eighth string...

BTW, the 49ers had 18 penalties for 216 yards, which would be the NFL record if done during the regular season.

RE: Niners v. Cowboys and tight end U. - Phogge - 08-11-2019

Garnett a long shot. Always hurt.

RE: Niners v. Cowboys and tight end U. - BobK - 08-11-2019

Please send Greg Papa back to Cale. His pronouncing of cal. Terrible non stop mumbles.
Bring back Ted Robinson.

RE: Niners v. Cowboys and tight end U. - Mick - 08-11-2019

(08-11-2019, 05:36 PM)BobK Wrote:  Please send Greg Papa back to Cale.  His pronouncing of cal.   Terrible non stop mumbles.  
Bring back Ted Robinson.

+1,000,000.  Greg Papa makes my teeth grind.  Perfect announcer...for Da Rayduzz...

And I really, really liked Ted Robinson.

RE: Niners v. Cowboys and tight end U. - Phogge - 08-12-2019

By mistake looking for some 50’s music on FM I tuned in a local sports show and listened to Papa for a few minutes. I got the feeling that the silent co-host wanted to strangle him. Bring back Bob Fouts!

RE: Niners v. Cowboys and tight end U. - OutsiderFan - 08-12-2019

The dumbest comment heard in my limited time watching part of that game:

"Kaden Smith was more of a blocker at Stanford."  Uh, no he wasn't. And Tim Green should know this as Kaden Smith had some big games against his University of Scandal & Corruption teams.

OL aren't suppose to grab as it is, and Garnett plays Guard. No position on the field outside of Place Kicker has less need for hands than a Guard.  Steph Curry played the entire NBA playoffs with a dislocated left middle finger.  Really surprised Garnett didn't continue with it taped and/or wrapped up.  His NFL career is hanging by a thread at this point it wold seem, but I have to think he is better than Najee Toran, so maybe he ekes out a roster spot as a backup once again. But at this point, safe to say he was a draft bust.

I'm just hoping Solomon Thomas steps up because if he doesn't, that would mean the last three #1 picks the Niners made from Stanford were busts; Kwame Harrris, Josh Garnett, and Thomas.

RE: Niners v. Cowboys and tight end U. - Mick - 08-12-2019

(08-12-2019, 05:35 AM)OutsiderFan Wrote:  I'm just hoping Solomon Thomas steps up because if he doesn't, that would mean the last three #1 picks the Niners made from Stanford were busts; Kwame Harrris, Josh Garnett, and Thomas.

Thomas might find success, but I suspect it will be elsewhere.  The 49er DL is the deepest in the NFL, I think.  Even the fourth stringers played ferociously on Saturday.