The CardBoard
Outside Topic OT: Some good Giants news - Printable Version

+- The CardBoard (https://thecardboard.org/board)
+-- Forum: C-House! (https://thecardboard.org/board/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: The CARDboard (https://thecardboard.org/board/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Thread: Outside Topic OT: Some good Giants news (/showthread.php?tid=18116)

OT: Some good Giants news - Phogge - 09-10-2019

Cueto... 5 IP, 0 runs, 1 hit, 4 K, 1 BB.

RE: OT: Some good Giants news - BobK - 09-11-2019

Other good news the Sacramento Rivercats won their playoff series and are now playing for the PCL title. This despite their best players hurt , Green, or with the Giants

The Giant bullpen is tryout city but they held on last night for win # 70.

Should Vogt be the catcher of the future?

Win # 1996 for Bouchy last night

RE: OT: Some good Giants news - Mick - 09-11-2019

(09-11-2019, 06:56 AM)BobK Wrote:  Other good news the Sacramento Rivercats won their playoff series and are now playing for the PCL title. This despite their best players hurt , Green, or with the Giants

The Giant bullpen is tryout city but they held on last night for win # 70.

Should Vogt be the catcher of the future?

Win # 1996 for Bouchy last night

I believe in Steven Vogt. At one time, I'd hoped the Giants would get rid of Brandon Belt and move Buster to 1B permanently, but I don't think Buster has any bat speed or batting eye left, regardless of whether he's behind the plate or not.

The Mercury had an interesting article this morning. It details Farhan's ongoing plans for next year, which will be a whirlwind of change. He's fired eight scouts (of 20, so far), including Stanford grad Brian Johnson and Andy Skeels, former manager of the SJ Giants. He'll be doing exit interviews with players and coaches. He hasn't discussed the head coach search. There have been many other changes.

https://www.mercurynews.com/2019/09/10/san-francisco-giants-fire-eight-pro-scouts-brace-for-significant-changes/

On the minor league front, Evans and Sabean had gutted the teams. In 2018, every team finished last in their league and/or division except the low-A team. This year, thanks to Farhan's trades, the River Cats won their AAA division (though they finished fifth among 16 teams in the PCL), the Richmond Flying Squirrels finished last of 12 teams in the AA Eastern League, the San Jose Giants finished second in their four-team division of the high-A California League, the Augusta Green Jackets finished first in the seven-team Southern Division of the class A Sally League, the Salem-Kaiser Volcanoes finished second among eight teams in the low-Class-A Northwest League, and the best news of all is that the Orange Giants finished first among 21 teams in the Rookie Arizona League.

So I'm saying there's a chance...

RE: OT: Some good Giants news - BobK - 09-11-2019

Don’t forget Farman will be hiring a GM. I would hope then they hire they Manager

RE: OT: Some good Giants news - qwerty49 - 09-11-2019

Anderson could be the closer next year if he continues to do well this month. He's probably one of those guys who gets too easy to figure out the second and third times through the batting order.

Dickerson with the oblique injury again and it's probably time to admit he's just made of glass.

How old is Vogt? 34?

RE: OT: Some good Giants news - Phogge - 09-11-2019

They won’t do it but Gerrit Cole pitching in PAC BELL, Oracle, AT&T Park would be the cat’s meow.

RE: OT: Some good Giants news - lex24 - 09-11-2019

Vogt is a liability behind the plate. Not an everday catcher. He’s been used perfectly this year. I hope they resign him and use him the same way next year. But I have a hunch hecsigns with an AL team. DH.

Sign him for family unity sake!

(09-11-2019, 07:06 PM)Phogge Wrote:  They won’t do it but Gerrit Cole pitching in PAC BELL, Oracle, AT&T Park would be the cat’s meow.

RE: OT: Some good Giants news - qwerty49 - 09-11-2019

(09-11-2019, 07:06 PM)Phogge Wrote:  They won’t do it but Gerrit Cole pitching in PAC BELL, Oracle, AT&T Park would be the cat’s meow.

Maybe Crawford can talk him into it. Assuming he’s still around.

RE: OT: Some good Giants news - BobK - 09-12-2019

In Scaramento the Rivercats are now 2-0. The starter who went 5 for Sac had won 4 games in 4 years. He gave up one run in five innings.

RE: OT: Some good Giants news - BobK - 09-14-2019

Sacramento wins the PCL championship in three straight

RE: OT: Some good Giants news - Phogge - 09-14-2019

Hey Bobbbbbbbb you old flycaster, is a River Cat a catfish?

RE: OT: Some good Giants news - Mick - 09-14-2019

(09-14-2019, 08:54 AM)Phogge Wrote:  Hey Bobbbbbbbb you old flycaster, is a River Cat a catfish?

A River Cat a large natural stream of fresh water flowing along a definite course, usually into the sea, being fed by tributary streams.

If you look up Sacramento River Cat on Urbandictionary.com, you get...a different definition.

RE: OT: Some good Giants news - lex24 - 09-14-2019

Going tonight. Wanted to see Bum in a Giants uni one more time. Man I love to watch him compete. Along with Juan, my all-time favorite Giant pitcher.