The CardBoard
Outside Topic OT high school - Printable Version

+- The CardBoard (https://thecardboard.org/board)
+-- Forum: C-House! (https://thecardboard.org/board/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: The CARDboard (https://thecardboard.org/board/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Thread: Outside Topic OT high school (/showthread.php?tid=18460)

OT high school - Phogge - 11-08-2019

Mater Dei on top of USA rankings. Bryce Young throws 17 for 17 for about 380 in a half!

St. Louis Hawaii sixth and Nick Herbig is suspended for one game. Infer what you will.

De La Salle crushing Nor Cal opponents and ranked ninth. Has a chance against M.D.

RE: OT high school - JohnR34231 - 11-08-2019

(11-08-2019, 09:01 AM)Phogge Wrote:  Mater Dei on top of USA rankings. Bryce Young throws 17 for 17 for about 380 in a half!

St. Louis Hawaii sixth and Nick Herbig is suspended for one game. Infer what you will.

De La Salle crushing Nor Cal opponents and ranked ninth. Has a chance against M.D.

Yeah, California HS football doesn't seem to change much these days. It's DLS in the North and MD and St. John Bosco in the South.

Unfortunately it has in Tallahassee, where teams used to win State Championships.
Now they all pretty much suck.

RE: OT high school - martyup - 11-08-2019

What about Oaks Christian?

RE: OT high school - Phogge - 11-08-2019

They have fallen off a bit. So has Servite and Long Beach Poly. Centennial Corona has been good lately.

RE: OT high school - sunnyside sudser - 11-08-2019

SI at home Saturday afternoon vs Serra for a rare shot at a piece of the WCAL crown.  Serra D looked very tough in win over Valley Christian.  

Go Cats!!!

RE: OT high school - SamuelMcF - 11-08-2019

Harbor City Narbonne is loaded with D1 talent, but they've forfeited all their wins and have a 2-season postseason ban for having ineligible players. Rumor has it there may be a mass exodus of underclassmen.

Sunnyside, are you a Cat? Tom Brandi is getting a host of football alums together at the game including vets of the '62 National Championship team. Can't make it, have my birthday bird watching trip with my wife scheduled. Serra has a soph backup QB who is the Lamar Jackson of local high schools. I think SI's star QB/LB is hurt too. Best team in years.

My son graduated from SI last year.  Played quick offensive tackle so I've seen alot of SI football over the last few years.  They finally broke back through to make the playoffs last year and this year has been amazing.  

Saw the SI QB/LB (who is a stud) got hurt last week.  Heard it was a quad injury but didn't know status for tomorrow.  

Agree on the Serra replacement QB who has shown strong, especially on the ground.   Before he got hurt, McLemore (son of niner) was playing great after sitting behind Bottari for years.

Live in the shadows of Serra in San Mateo and would like nothing more than to finally get those guys.  I hope David has a few more rocks left for Goliath.

Beat Serra twice in baseball while we were in the AAA. When my son played football at SI Serra were biggest p*****. Any D1 prospects at SI?

Teddye Buchanan has committed to uc Davis.  Big lineman beau Gardner also looking to play at the next level.  May be a few more.  Haven’t seen them in person this year.

RE: OT high school - Mick - 11-09-2019

Bellarmine went to the state D1 championship games in 2009 and 2011, losing to Oceanside and Rancho Santa Margarita.  Kevin Danser, Usua Amanam and Kyle Olugbode from those teams played for Stanford.  They also went to the D-1AA game in 2015, losing to Mission Viejo.  Bellarmine hasn't had a winning season since 2015. 

St. Francis went to state 2A champ games in 2015 and 2017.

Serra went to state 2A champ game in 2016 and state 2AA champ game in 2017, beating San Bernardino.

Valley Christian went to state 2AA champ game in 2016.

Sacred Heart of Atherton went to D3 champ game in 2013 and 3A game in 2015.

Paly went to the D2 game in 2006.

Galileo went to the 6A champ game, winning in 2017 and Lincoln of SF went to the same game in 2018.  Milpitas won 4A that same year, and went to the champ 3A game in 2015 and the champ 4A game in 2016.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_California_state_high_school_football_champions