The CardBoard
Harbaugh\'s TE plan, revealed at last - Printable Version

+- The CardBoard (https://thecardboard.org/board)
+-- Forum: C-House! (https://thecardboard.org/board/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: The CARDboard (https://thecardboard.org/board/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Thread: Harbaugh\'s TE plan, revealed at last (/showthread.php?tid=190)

Harbaugh\'s TE plan, revealed at last - garvin - 06-08-2010

You know how they do those overpopulation experiments where eight zillion lab rats are stuffed in a single cage and they all turn psycho, eating one another or running their exercise wheels until their feet fall off or whatever? It appears that Jim Harbaugh has been running the same experiment with tight ends, and now the results have started replicating. It\'s being reported that Jordan Navjar, a tight end we signed out of Texas last year, is transferring to Baylor. Which hasn\'t had a decent football team since Don Trull graduated in, like, 1963.

Re: Harbaugh\'s TE plan, revealed at last - Robbie - 06-08-2010

Aren\'t in-conference transfers more restricted? And haven\'t Baylor been in our conference since yesterday?

Re: Harbaugh\'s TE plan, revealed at last - washingtonismoney - 06-08-2010

No mention of everyone\'s favorite pants-dropping coach Samurai Mike?

Re: Harbaugh\'s TE plan, revealed at last - fullmetal - 06-08-2010

Baylor of two years ago was fairly dangerous with Michael Griffin III running his own Vince Young impersonation (he\'s quick--seen him play against Texas from the seventh row).  Last year he injured his ACL and was out for a good chunk of the season, iirc.  Not sure if he has a redshirt from that, but I\'m sad to see someone leave Stanford.  

Najvar\'s academics at Baylor are never going to be a problem for his football pursuits though, I\'ll tell you that.

Re: Harbaugh\'s TE plan, revealed at last - CowboyIndian - 06-08-2010

As he leaves, can we spell his name right? Najvar. That\'s better.

Re: Harbaugh\'s TE plan, revealed at last - garvin - 06-08-2010

I thought it was spelled D-E-A-D-T-O-U-S?

I mean, Stanford to Baylor?  Baylor?  Sigh.

Texas boy back to Texas. Hmmm - Redrum - 06-08-2010

I wonder if the Baptist factor had anything to do with this.   Maybe Baylor was the only school that was interested,  but maybe Najvar had an affinity for the religious school before he committed to Stanford.

I don\'t think Baylor is a very strongly religious school, or at least, the students aren\'t a groupthink-y bunch.  They have a code of conduct, but it\'s still a party school.  I remember one of the frats had been mentioned as a party frat in Playboy\'s top 10 party campus rankings, thus earning a suspension.  Obviously not too straight-laced.

Of all things,  I once saw on Baylor\'s campus - Redrum - 06-09-2010

A, ummm,  cleaned-up version of the musical Guys and Dolls..  The performance, on the whole, was very well executed.  But there were certain things in the original play that were missing.  Somehow more, umm, chaste, sober and less ga-gah over gambling.  Strange experience.

But, Baylor has enough Baptist character to be different from Stanford and other secular universities, no matter what the Kappa Sigs are doing down in the basement.   Anyway, I was just wondering.  Running into a conservative Baptist kid isn\'t that rare in Texas.  Najvar could be one of those.  Or, not.

Re: Harbaugh\'s TE plan, revealed at last - terry - 06-09-2010

We recruited four TEs in last year\'s freshman class. One of them, Ryan Hewitt, has moved to fullback/H-back and appears to be in line to replace Owen Marecic. Of the others, Levine Toilolo and Zach Ertz reportedly have done more than Najvar to distinguish themselves. Going into the fall, Najvar probably was 5th on the depth chart at TE, behind Fleener, K. Reuland, Toilolo, and Ertz. Najvar probably figured he was going to have limited opportunities to play, not just this fall but for the next four years, given that he\'s in the same class as Toilolo and Ertz. From a football standpoint, this seems like a somewhat understandable decision. I can\'t guess how Najvar might have viewed the non-football issues (academics, location, religion, etc.).

Re: Harbaugh\'s TE plan, revealed at last - stanfan - 06-09-2010

Good luck to Jordan.   Sorry it didn\'t work out for him at Stanford.  Hope he has a great experience and career at Baylor  (excepting, of course, any games against the Cardinal).