The CardBoard
Fball Recruiting Class of 2022 - Printable Version

+- The CardBoard (https://thecardboard.org/board)
+-- Forum: C-House! (https://thecardboard.org/board/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: The CARDboard (https://thecardboard.org/board/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Thread: Fball Recruiting Class of 2022 (/showthread.php?tid=19080)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28

RE: Class of 2022 - VB Card - 06-03-2021

(08-29-2020, 10:09 AM)SamuelMcF Wrote:  A THIRD QB.

https://247sports.com/Player/MJ-Morris-46079322/

We are now at 40 offers before 2021 hit 20, or 2019/20 hit 30. Uncharted territory.

Morris committed to NC State today. We'd been out of his recruitment for a few weeks now. 

https://twitter.com/mj_morris7/status/1400531427603648514?s=20 

RE: Class of 2022 - OutsiderFan - 06-03-2021

Is it fair to say David Shaw's program is stale and needs new ideas to sell it effectively?

Does more time need to be given before this conclusion can be accurately drawn?

RE: Class of 2022 - SamuelMcF - 06-03-2021

(06-03-2021, 03:22 PM)OutsiderFan Wrote:  Is it fair to say David Shaw's program is stale and needs new ideas to sell it effectively?

Morris' only remaining committable P5 offer was NC State. Everyone else backed off - even hometown GT - because dad was a headache and his junior film and camp performances were bad. Remember how Jack West looked like a world-beater as a sophomore (even flirting with a 5* rating) then steadily got worse? Same thing.

Braden Davis was the bad beat. This was not.

I will say, not being able to get guys to campus up until this point has been just awful for our recruiting.

RE: Class of 2022 - OutsiderFan - 06-03-2021

(06-03-2021, 05:23 PM)SamuelMcF Wrote:  
(06-03-2021, 03:22 PM)OutsiderFan Wrote:  Is it fair to say David Shaw's program is stale and needs new ideas to sell it effectively?

Morris' only remaining committable P5 offer was NC State. Everyone else backed off - even hometown GT - because dad was a headache and his junior film and camp performances were bad. Remember how Jack West looked like a world-beater as a sophomore (even flirting with a 5* rating) then steadily got worse? Same thing.

I will say, not being able to get guys to campus up until this point has been just awful for our recruiting.

Aren't on-campus visits allowed now?

RE: Class of 2022 - VB Card - 06-04-2021

(06-03-2021, 07:49 PM)OutsiderFan Wrote:  
(06-03-2021, 05:23 PM)SamuelMcF Wrote:  

Aren't on-campus visits allowed now?

Yes, they are allowed as of June 1st and Stanford has already scheduled many of its recruits for visits this month. Sam was talking about how visits not being allowed for the last 15 months has badly hurt our recruiting.

RE: Class of 2022 - Goose - 06-04-2021

(06-04-2021, 08:09 AM)VB Card Wrote:  Sam was talking about how visits not being allowed for the last 15 months has badly hurt our recruiting.
Stanford certainly has beautiful facilities. It has great weather. Recruits already know these things. The thing I really don't understand is why recruits actually have to see it to believe it. I can understand how a visit can make you feel a certain way about a place. You may find a vibe you like. However, my experience is that the summer quarter isn't a very "intense" experience. Much of the faculty is gone. Most of the classwork is either "for fun" or "take it in the summer because it is easier". I am not sure why this is so attractive to recruits.
Probably just me. I went to Stanford pretty much sight unseen. I had been driven through the campus for about 10 minutes by an adult that had not been there before. The visit wasn't germane to my decision, that is for sure.

RE: Class of 2022 - BostonCard - 06-04-2021

(06-04-2021, 08:22 AM)Goose Wrote:  
(06-04-2021, 08:09 AM)VB Card Wrote:  Sam was talking about how visits not being allowed for the last 15 months has badly hurt our recruiting.
Stanford certainly has beautiful facilities. It has great weather. Recruits already know these things. The thing I really don't understand is why recruits actually have to see it to believe it. I can understand how a visit can make you feel a certain way about a place. You may find a vibe you like. However, my experience is that the summer quarter isn't a very "intense" experience. Much of the faculty is gone. Most of the classwork is either "for fun" or "take it in the summer because it is easier". I am not sure why this is so attractive to recruits.
Probably just me. I went to Stanford pretty much sight unseen. I had been driven through the campus for about 10 minutes by an adult that had not been there before. The visit wasn't germane to my decision, that is for sure.

As much as we try to make decisions like where to go to college to play football rational, the truth is that generally it is an emotional response.  We then bend the reasons to fit our decision, rather than the other way around.  And being able to picture oneself in a place can drive such an emotional response, which is why a visit can make such a big difference.

Once upon a time, there was an adage we used, "If they visit, they will come."  Part of that was that anyone who made it that far had already self-selected for being highly likely to come, but also, it spoke to how alluring actually seeing the campus was.

BC

RE: Class of 2022 - Phogge - 06-04-2021

Andrew Luck is ancient history to today’s HS QB’s. Stanford needs more visible NFL stars and needs the Panthers to start winning behind McCaffrey. Wouldn’t hurt if Watson is released or suspended either. Maybe on campus summer visits will corral a couple of studs but beyond this year the Covid excuse is history.

RE: Class of 2022 - SamuelMcF - 06-04-2021

(06-04-2021, 09:17 AM)Phogge Wrote:  beyond this year the Covid excuse is history.

This I agree with. The class of '23 should tell us more.

RE: Class of 2022 - 82lsju - 06-04-2021

(06-04-2021, 08:22 AM)Goose Wrote:  

I think the visits are also about meeting the other players and coaches in person to see what they are like.  I for one would be unlikely to do all virtual interviewing for a job and accept it without meeting some of the people face-to-face.

I also came to Stanford sight unseen (from Ohio), and the impression it made when I arrived was significantly better than the image I had in my mind

RE: Class of 2022 - DC 86 - 06-04-2021

(06-04-2021, 10:27 AM)82lsju Wrote:  I think the visits are also about meeting the other players and coaches in person to see what they are like.  I for one would be unlikely to do all virtual interviewing for a job and accept it without meeting some of the people face-to-face.

I also came to Stanford sight unseen (from Ohio), and the impression it made when I arrived was significantly better than the image I had in my mind

This. I'm another one who came out to Stanford sight unseen, but the information that was germane to my college choice (quality of education, academic reputation) didn't require me to visit in person. However, ff I was going to play power five football I would definitely want to spend time with my future teammates, interact with the coaching staff in person, get the inside scoop from current players as to what the program is like, etc.

RE: Class of 2022 - OutsiderFan - 06-04-2021

If I am contemplating playing college football for a school, you can bet yer ass I want to see the S&C, training, rehab, nutrition, locker room, and meeting facilities I would be having for 4-5 years.

RE: Class of 2022 - SamuelMcF - 06-04-2021

As an aside, a new ILB offer came out yesterday, looks like a good one:

RE: Class of 2022 - TrumpCard - 06-04-2021

Tabo is from the same high school as ‘21 recruit Coco Lukrich, and he seems solid academically. He posts a 3.797 gpa on Twitter (as though 3 decimal places matter).  I hope Lance Anderson’s connections in UT are helping him find diamonds in the rough as these guys are moderately recruited. I don’t have the expertise to evaluate the film, but am interested if you all have thoughts. 

Also, is Stanford doing a football camp this year?

RE: Class of 2022 - BobK - 06-04-2021

Camps

https://stanfordfootballcamps.totalcamps.com/About%20Us

All on gostanford

RE: Class of 2022 - TrumpCard - 06-04-2021

Thanks, Bob

RE: Class of 2022 - OutsiderFan - 06-04-2021

(06-04-2021, 02:44 PM)TrumpCard Wrote:  Tabo is from the same high school as ‘21 recruit Coco Lukrich, and he seems solid academically. He posts a 3.797 gpa on Twitter (as though 3 decimal places matter).  I hope Lance Anderson’s connections in UT are helping him find diamonds in the rough as these guys are moderately recruited. I don’t have the expertise to evaluate the film, but am interested if you all have thoughts. 

Well, I'd say he can be classified simply as a "Football Player" because he does everything for his team. Doesn't have top end speed, but he's certainly physical and skilled otherwise. Only 2-3 plays of him on defense on that highlight, but based on how what I saw, I can see him translating to ILB. Seems like the kind of guy who will use his instincts for the game to make up for his lack of straight line speed.

RE: Class of 2022 - SamuelMcF - 06-05-2021

(06-04-2021, 04:18 PM)OutsiderFan Wrote:  
(06-04-2021, 02:44 PM)TrumpCard Wrote:  Tabo is from the same high school as ‘21 recruit Coco Lukrich, and he seems solid academically. He posts a 3.797 gpa on Twitter (as though 3 decimal places matter).  I hope Lance Anderson’s connections in UT are helping him find diamonds in the rough as these guys are moderately recruited. I don’t have the expertise to evaluate the film, but am interested if you all have thoughts. 

Well, I'd say he can be classified simply as a "Football Player" because he does everything for his team. Doesn't have top end speed, but he's certainly physical and skilled otherwise. Only 2-3 plays of him on defense on that highlight, but based on how what I saw, I can see him translating to ILB. Seems like the kind of guy who will use his instincts for the game to make up for his lack of straight line speed.

11.54 100m PR at 225lbs seems pretty straight-line fast to me.

RE: Class of 2022 - Phogge - 06-06-2021

Having probably struck out on QB's Shaw needs to get over his mental block and bring in two in '23. Sooner or later if you don't have the numbers, somebody gets hurt and you have to play Tom Matte at QB. Look it up.

RE: Class of 2022 - BobK - 06-06-2021

Remember Matte well.