The CardBoard
Introductions - Printable Version

+- The CardBoard (https://thecardboard.org/board)
+-- Forum: C-House! (https://thecardboard.org/board/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: The CARDboard (https://thecardboard.org/board/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Thread: Introductions (/showthread.php?tid=2014)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28

Re: Welcome, new posters! - Griffins78 - 02-19-2014

(02-18-2014, 06:43 PM)jcbowman link Wrote:I am John and live in Santa Barbara. I am one of the old ones, now 72. My wife and I graduated in '63. and our youngest son graduated in '95.
Welcome jcbowman. Our family moved to Santa Barbara in 1968. La Cumbre JH and SBHS. Stanford grad in '78. Always glad to meet a Santa Barbarian. Lots of favorites.

Re: Welcome, new posters! - Papa John - 02-19-2014

Santa Barbara is representing! My wife and I moved to SB in 2000--we still describe ourselves as "refugees from Los Angeles."

Re: Welcome, new posters! - jcbowman - 02-19-2014

Griffin and Papa John:

LOve to meet you both. We also moved here in '68 and have been in our present house in Rancho Embarcadero since '75. Kids all went to Ellwood, Goleta Valley JH and DP. Wonderful town to live in if you bought at the right time.

Re: Welcome, new posters! - Mick - 02-19-2014

(02-19-2014, 11:43 AM)jcbowman link Wrote:Kids all went to Ellwood, Goleta Valley JH and DP. Wonderful town to live in if you bought at the right time.

Dos Pueblos has hosted the largest boys' volleyball tournament in the state sine 1975.  They host it at the UCSB Thunderdome, one day, round robin pools of five teams, the 1st and 2nd place in each pool goes to the round of 16 (top 2 get first round byes).  Some great volleyball:
http://dospueblosvolleyballtournament.org/

Tournament history.  My sons played in it from 2008-2012.
http://dospueblosvolleyballtournament.org/history.pdf

Re: Welcome, new posters! - jcbowman - 02-19-2014

Do you also live in SB or Goleta?

Re: Welcome, new posters! - Mick - 02-20-2014

(02-19-2014, 07:05 PM)jcbowman link Wrote:Do you also live in SB or Goleta?

NO, but I've spent so much time there that the people at the Cajun Kitchen know me by first name...;)

Re: Welcome, new posters! - garvin - 02-20-2014

Hey, chimera, jcbowman and cmp -- welcome aboard. Don't worry, you won't be tested on knowledge of the Civil War until you've been here three weeks.

Re: Welcome, new posters! - chimera - 02-20-2014

(02-20-2014, 07:17 AM)garvin link Wrote:Hey, chimera, jcbowman and cmp -- welcome aboard. Don't worry, you won't be tested on knowledge of the Civil War until you've been here three weeks.

Open book test, I hope.  ;)

Re: Welcome, new posters! - slide - 02-20-2014

(02-20-2014, 12:39 PM)chimera link Wrote:[quote author=garvin link=topic=4543.msg84141#msg84141 date=1392905873]
Hey, chimera, jcbowman and cmp -- welcome aboard. Don't worry, you won't be tested on knowledge of the Civil War until you've been here three weeks.

[/quote]

open book only after you can correctly answer these questions three:

Dana Delany or Uma Thurman?
who's fault was the Ink Bowl touchdown?
which campus has the best bollards?

:)

Re: Welcome, new posters! - chimera - 02-20-2014

(02-20-2014, 12:56 PM)slide link Wrote:[quote author=chimera link=topic=4543.msg84149#msg84149 date=1392925189]
[quote author=garvin link=topic=4543.msg84141#msg84141 date=1392905873]

[/quote]

open book only after you can correctly answer these questions three:

Dana Delany or Uma Thurman?
who's fault was the Ink Bowl touchdown?
which campus has the best bollards?

:)
[/quote]

Good thing I still have three weeks to study...    :-[

Pssstt! chimera. I can help you ace that test - Redrum - 02-20-2014

And for gawdsakes, don't listen to anything garvin has to say.  Not a word is true.  He's a raving looney. Mad as snakes. Listening to him will only bring heartbreak.

Re: Welcome, new posters! - yvonne - 02-20-2014

I know this has something to do with Redrum and Garvin, but whose fault was the Ink Bowl touchdown?

Re: Welcome, new posters! - Nan3cy - 02-20-2014

(02-20-2014, 07:37 PM)Yvonne link Wrote:I know this has something to do with Redrum and Garvin, but whose fault was the Ink Bowl touchdown?

Redrum's. Or Garvin's. Depends on whom you talk to...  ;)

"Depends..." ?? No it doesn't - Redrum - 02-20-2014

What defensive linemen forgot the basic idea of contain and let the QB get to the outside with no pressure and only me between him and the goalline?  Everything that followed came from garvin's misogynistic need to bullrush  Michigan's female OT to teach her a thing or two.  Yeah, he showed her and meanwhile the QB had all day and a whole half of the field to either run or pass. 

Re: Pssstt! chimera. I can help you ace that test - Robbie - 02-21-2014

(02-20-2014, 03:55 PM)Redrum link Wrote:And for gawdsakes, don't listen to anything garvin has to say.  Not a word is true.  He's a raving looney. Mad as snakes. Listening to him will only bring heartbreak.

From the registration agreement:

Quote:...you will not post any material which is false, defamatory, inaccurate, abusive, vulgar, hateful, harassing...

Now does Redrum have to be banned?

Re: Welcome, new posters! - garvin - 02-21-2014

After he's tortured and executed, yes.

Re: Welcome, new posters! - garvin - 02-21-2014

Redrum's performance against the Michigan Daily in the 1972 Ink Rose Bowl was that of a prophet. Not only did he personally give up 12 touchdowns, foretelling the defensive backfield that Bud.dy Teevens would deploy 30 years later, but he explained it to us by saying he just kept getting caught up in a daydream about a woman with colossal Chernobylized nostrils. That was 12 years before Chernobyl, and 16 before Uma Thurman's nose lumbered about the countryside terrorizing the French aristoracy in Dangerous Liaisons. 

I'll let you be the judge, chimera - Redrum - 02-21-2014

Did you notice that nothing he said related to his letting the Michigan QB run free on the actual play that scored their touchdown?  Trying to distract you by some nose fantasy-filled attack on a perfectly nice American actress.  Like I said, mad as snakes.

Not that it mattered.  The Michigan team hardly knew what hit them.  We already had enough points for a safe victory by the time they stopped marveling at: 1) being able to play in shorts 2) on actual green grass  3)at New Years.  They never had a chance, even if we were playing with the Garvin short-attention-span handicap.

Anyway, for you new posters... - Redrum - 02-23-2014

Welcome to the Cardboard.  This whole Ink Bowl thing happened when some of you weren't even born or were barely sentient.
It won't go away when playful bystanders keep baiting garvin and I just because they like to see a dogs fight.  But that doesn't affect you.  Being on the Cardboard is like choosing a major in school.  You have a couple of years before you have to pick your major in school and at least that long to pick a side in the Ink Bowl debate.  Or, you can pick a General Studies major and remain permanently agnostic on the Ink Bowl. 

Re: Welcome, new posters! - Publius - 02-23-2014

(02-21-2014, 10:06 AM)garvin link Wrote:Redrum's performance against the Michigan Daily in the 1972 Ink Rose Bowl..

Wouldn't Red Ink Bowl be a more appropriate moniker?