The CardBoard
Introductions - Printable Version

+- The CardBoard (https://thecardboard.org/board)
+-- Forum: C-House! (https://thecardboard.org/board/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: The CARDboard (https://thecardboard.org/board/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Thread: Introductions (/showthread.php?tid=2014)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28

Faux pez? - Redrum - 06-19-2015

I've actually had faux Pez...  In Greece/Turkey.  Eons ago.  The dispensers were laughably bad knockoffs, but that's why we bought the things.  Come to think of it, the non-faux dispensers are no mechanical wonders.  The little pez candy blocks looked like they were made by hand with butter knives without benefit of molds...each piece was different.

Re: Introductions - Robbie - 06-19-2015

Welcome JJJ.

And for anyone else with a Roble connection, feel free to become a member of https://www.facebook.com/groups/18621693619/ - I know JJJ is there already.

Re: Introductions - JJJ - 06-19-2015

(06-19-2015, 05:15 PM)Robbie link Wrote:Welcome JJJ.

And for anyone else with a Roble connection, feel free to become a member of https://www.facebook.com/groups/18621693619/ - I know JJJ is there already.

Thanks Robbie, and good to see you here. Always a bonus when you see a familiar face. And thanks for the facebook mention too!

Re: Introductions - garvin - 06-20-2015

Hi, JJJ. Good to have another Roble person on board -- Nan3cy and I have argued that Roble alums should get an immediate credit of 500 posts on the grounds of superior pedigree, but so far, no luck.

Ignore Publius -- he hits on all the newbies.

Re: Introductions - JJJ - 06-20-2015

(06-20-2015, 09:26 AM)garvin link Wrote:Hi, JJJ. Good to have another Roble person on board -- Nan3cy and I have argued that Roble alums should get an immediate credit of 500 posts on the grounds of superior pedigree, but so far, no luck.

Ignore Publius -- he hits on all the newbies.

Thank you garvin. Is it just me or is there a larger proportion of Robleites represented here than would be expected otherwise? I was 3A (frosh quad), 3A (triple), and 3-Center (single) before going off-campus my unguaranteed year.

Re: Introductions - BostonCard - 06-20-2015

I was an honorary Robleite after I graduated.  My girlfriend (now wife) lived there her senior year.

BC

Re: Introductions - winflop - 06-20-2015

The only thing that sucks worse than Roble is Biz :P

Re: Introductions - Nan3cy - 06-21-2015

Wait a second here. In order to have truly lived in Roble, you have to have lived in Roble when it was all freshman women who were served their meals by white-coated hashers in the dining hall and had to be back in the dorm by 10:30 at night in order not to be locked out. You folks are all poseurs.

Re: Introductions - garvin - 06-21-2015

Bad-mouthing Roble is a violation of the CardBoard's Fundamental Standard, winflop. You could be banished to Telegraph Avenue.

Re: Introductions - washingtonismoney - 06-21-2015

Surely, however, we can all agree:

Branner sucks.

Re: Introductions - CTcard - 06-21-2015

(06-21-2015, 03:35 PM)washingtonismoney link Wrote:Surely, however, we can all agree:

Branner sucks.

Ahhhh ... jealousy.

Re: Introductions - stupac2 - 06-22-2015

(06-21-2015, 10:22 AM)garvin link Wrote:Bad-mouthing Roble is a violation of the CardBoard's Fundamental Standard, winflop. You could be banished to Telegraph Avenue.

I used to live right off Telegraph...

And I'm another Robleite. Lived there Freshman year, spent the next 3 years trying to get back. Closest I got was Lag.

Re: Introductions - garvin - 06-22-2015

JJJ, it does seem to me we have an unusual number of Robleites, but it may just be that Roble people speak up more because most of us liked it. (Nan3cy and her raging 1966 hormones are possibly the exception.) I mean, I've never heard anybody at a Stanford event pipe up and say, "Oh my goodness was Twain a thrilling experience!"

I lived on 2B as a freshman, 3-Center the next three years, the final two in the same room. I should have claimed homestead rights.

Re: Introductions - Publius - 06-22-2015

(06-22-2015, 12:22 PM)garvin link Wrote:... I mean, I've never heard anybody at a Stanford event pipe up and say, "Oh my goodness was Twain a thrilling experience!"

I spent sophomore year in Twain and it was the best year I had at Stanford.  Admittedly it was, in large part, thanks to a bunch of guys that lived in Roble frosh year.

We remember lamenting our bad draw number.  In retrospect, we would never have had as much fun in the at-the-time brand new Kimball Hall.  I spent a fair amount of time there senior year.  Place seemed boring.  Too new and antiseptic to allow the stunts we pulled in Twain. 

Re: Introductions - washingtonismoney - 06-22-2015

I also lived in Twain and enjoyed it, so there.

Okay, JJJ, I stand corrected: We also have an unusually large contingent of Twain dorks. Also surprising.

Re: Introductions - PrinceLightfoot - 06-22-2015

(06-22-2015, 02:12 PM)washingtonismoney link Wrote:I also lived in Twain and enjoyed it, so there.

Agreed. "Ended up" in Twain North my sophomore year. Loved it!

Re: Introductions - JJJ - 06-22-2015

(06-22-2015, 02:18 PM)garvin link Wrote:Okay, JJJ, I stand corrected: We also have an unusually large contingent of Twain dorks. Also surprising.

It's all good! Thanks for finding out for me!  8)

Re: Introductions - Publius - 06-22-2015

Back in the early 90s, Twain had the reputation for being one of the funnest dorms on campus.  To get in, you had to select it ahead of "any Stern".  I'm not sure how Twain's culture started or how long it has persisted.  Does anybody know?

This thread is making me sad...