The CardBoard
Introductions - Printable Version

+- The CardBoard (https://thecardboard.org/board)
+-- Forum: C-House! (https://thecardboard.org/board/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: The CARDboard (https://thecardboard.org/board/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Thread: Introductions (/showthread.php?tid=2014)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28

Re: Introductions - Leftcoast - 08-12-2015

Just read up on the ancient practice of impaling and truly wish I hadn't.  No need to be fair to Vlad!

Re: Introductions - Sonof80sCard - 03-05-2016

Hello Everybody! I've been lurking the forum for a while and finally got on thanks to our Admin's efforts to fix registration. My dad raised me as a lifelong Stanford fan and I was born shortly after he started working at Stanford around 1997.

Re: Introductions - BobK - 03-05-2016

Welcome son.  I too was a Stanford fan out of the womb.  LOL

Re: Introductions - garvin - 03-05-2016

Hi, Sonof80sCard. Good to have you aboard. The CardBoard is not exactly the most cheerful place this weekend after the women's loss and the men's 48-hour long annhilation. If you know any good weenie jokes, this would be an excellent time to tell them.

Re: Introductions - North Woods - 03-18-2016

Hi everyone,

I'm David, BA '94/MBA '00. From Minneapolis originally, in the Bay Area for most of my adulthood and now live in Wilmette, just north of Chicago. Was a long time men's basketball season ticket holder, though that lapsed with the combination of moving to Chicago and the Dawkins era. Now I'm mostly focused on football but hoping for a basketball revival if we can hire the right coach.

Favorite moments as a fan:

Hi everyone,

I'm David, BA '94/MBA '00. From Minneapolis originally, in the Bay Area for most of my adulthood and now live in Wilmette, just north of Chicago. Was a long time men's basketball season ticket holder, though that lapsed with the combination of moving to Chicago and the Dawkins era. Now I'm mostly focused on football but hoping for a basketball revival if we can hire the right coach.

Favorite moments as a fan:

Re: Introductions - yvonne - 03-18-2016

Welcome, David!

Welcome, David!

Re: Introductions - garvin - 03-18-2016

Hi, David, though I'm just going to call you North Woods for short. You look so young to have two Stanford degrees already...Hey, Yvonne, remember to card him at the drinking session at the next Rose Bowl.

Re: Introductions - garvin - 03-18-2016

Hi, David, though I'm just going to call you North Woods for short. You look so young to have two Stanford degrees already...Hey, Yvonne, remember to card him at the drinking session at the next Rose Bowl.

Well, I think he's cute.

Well, I think he's cute.

The picture is of my son. Please do card him, up through the 2029 Rose Bowl tailgate.

The picture is of my son. Please do card him, up through the 2029 Rose Bowl tailgate.

Re: Introductions - SamuelMcF - 03-20-2016

Hi friends!

My name is Gus, BS '16. Big big football fan, although that started in high school - trying to get more into basketball especially now that [redacted] is out. I've been lurking for a while and recently decided it would be fun to actually participate in conversations!

Re: Introductions - SamuelMcF - 03-20-2016

Hi friends!

My name is Gus, BS '16. Big big football fan, although that started in high school - trying to get more into basketball especially now that [redacted] is out. I've been lurking for a while and recently decided it would be fun to actually participate in conversations!

Re: Introductions - BostonCard - 03-20-2016

Welcome Samuel, and congratulations on your impending graduation.

BC

Re: Introductions - BostonCard - 03-20-2016

Welcome Samuel, and congratulations on your impending graduation.

BC

Re: Introductions - Leftcoast - 03-20-2016

Good to have you, Samuel!  It's always great to get campus insights from new alumni.

Re: Introductions - Leftcoast - 03-20-2016

Good to have you, Samuel!  It's always great to get campus insights from new alumni.